The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

The KoTOR series are pretty linear so it would take a lot longer. The BioWare Q&A guys got it down to K1 in 12hours with all quests and everything.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think I could go for the slow record, I finished K1 in just a few minutes below 70hours where it was calculated to ave a playing time of around 20

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

of course that happens so fast that you are dead (and ripped apart atom by atom) before you even notice it ..

... but it would feel like forever as time would elongate to infinity for you as you approached the point of singularity.

remind me never to be swallowed by a black hole ..

Fortune favors the bald.

it's fully 3-D... you just can't control your character along the z-axis. he does move along the z-axis, however...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

it's fully 3-D... you just can't control your character along the z-axis.  he does move along the z-axis, however...

taks

Well K2 uses the Odyssey engine which is based on the Aurora engine and you can move on both axes :thumbsup:

And for the thread:

I'm whatching ep 1 on TV and it's boring as hell...at least I still have peanuts :wub::shifty:

It looks like it has retained the awkward clunkiness of the Aurora engine. When you're used to FPS like engines, that one just feels like your in a traffic jam, stuttering

it's fully 3-D... you just can't control your character along the z-axis.  he does move along the z-axis, however...

taks

Took this from bioboards.

I just wanted to comment on a few of the points touched on here.

In the 'biz' as I like to call it, there is a strange beast called the 2 1/2D (two and an half D) game engine. This type of game engine is RENDERED and LOOKS 3D, but there is no actual data representation for 3 dimensions in the engine.

Doom 1 and 2 as well as NWN1 are some of the most famous examples of this type of game engine. Though any '3D' game where you do NOT have things like 'over passes' with actual creatures underneath is the same type of engine. KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are both 2.5D games.

Despite what some people may think, this is NOT an easy addition to make to a pre-existing game engine. In fact, it reminds me of a software engineering interview question I had once:

Question: Company 'A' has made a word processor application. One of the features it currently has is 'Undo'. Marketing Person now wants you to add 'Multiple Level Undo' to the application. How would you go about this?

(Now there are MANY answers to this question, but only ONE 100% correct answer)

Answer: If the application was NOT designed to have 'Multiple Level Undo' in it from the beginning, you can't safely add it in later. It is a feature that MUST be planned for and added in at the beginning of the project. Adding it in later will require MASSIVE amounts of re-writing and re-architechting and usually end up being incredibly expensive.

I hope that clarifies this subject somewhat for everyone.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

*snip*

And the answer is... both of you are correct!

the mythical Z axis

Remember, Doom 1 and KOTOR look 3D, but they are not actually 3D.

Actually, I think a better way to say this is that their rendering engines are 100% 3D. They look 3D because their graphical representation is true 3D. However, portions of their internal game logic operate only in 2D. Hence the term 2.5D.

:huh:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

*snip*

And the answer is... both of you are correct!

the mythical Z axis

Remember, Doom 1 and KOTOR look 3D, but they are not actually 3D.

Actually, I think a better way to say this is that their rendering engines are 100% 3D. They look 3D because their graphical representation is true 3D. However, portions of their internal game logic operate only in 2D. Hence the term 2.5D.

:-

holographic video devices, anyone?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The number of the Antichrist is not 666 but 616, according to a fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, discovered in Egypt.

Where was that number mentioned in the bible the first time ?

Just curious, because if it was the number written by John, it might have been written in Roman numerals, DCLXCI. Perhaps he just got an L too much in there.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For the Invisible man to go invisible, he would have to have bended light around him...

Caeser and Cleopatra were an 'item' in the tabloids way back 'in the day'...

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

For the Invisible man to go invisible, he would have to have bended light around him...

Caeser and Cleopatra were an 'item' in the tabloids way back 'in the day'...

:ph34r:

Yeah, but that Cleopatra was a bit of a bike: she ended up with his best mate, Mark Antony. :ph34r:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT