The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

Normalmaps are totally sweet and awesome.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

All lies, everyone knows http://www.abandonia.com is the best.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Back in the good old days of DOS, we didnt need ISO's ..hell, we didnt even have Cd-rom drives

I still think The Underdogs are the best for abandonware. Also, they are pretty strict about not supplying software that hasn't been officially declared abandonware (ie. no illegal games).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Id consider enforced legality a drawback more than an advantage, the more games the better. A company may still hold the rights to a game but if they lack the means to enforce it, its fair game. Old games are like old hardware, interesting, but absolutely not worth paying for.

Id consider enforced legality a drawback more than an advantage, the more games the better. A company may still hold the rights to a game but if they lack the means to enforce it, its fair game. Old games are like old hardware, interesting, but absolutely not worth paying for.

Yeah I agree :LA for example are totally against it...

And let's take Daggerfall...it's not even sold in stores anymore :thumbsup:

Even though there's no reasonable way of getting hold of the software anymore, I still don't think it's a valid reason to steal other people's work. It's a pity LucasArts and Bethesda doesn't release their old games for the public (although Bethesda did release The Elder Scrolls: Arena not long ago), but pity isn't enough to turn me into a thief.

I'm in a bad position to discuss these things though, as I've been lucky getting a job that supplies me with tons of games, both old and new (we are working on a retro section).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Nope LA forced them to take it down...the only place that still has it is Jucaushii :D

Indiana Jones, hey? Day of the Tentacle.. oh yeah! Monkey Island 1 & 2 Rrrr, baby, bring it!!

Romania, for your complete and blatant discrespect of international laws of copyright, I salute thee! :D

of course that happens so fast that you are dead (and ripped apart atom by atom) before you even notice it ..

... but it would feel like forever as time would elongate to infinity for you as you approached the point of singularity.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

^ the information is useless .. so I deem it worthy of this thread!

The fur of Polar Bears is not whilte, it is hollow and scatters light like snow.

Polar Bears also give off no heat.

that link says polar bears live in Norway?? :)

someone from Norway confirm this ..

I'm not from Norway, but some corroborating evidence:

Official-looking Polar Bear fact page

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT