The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

or one superman (Feargus Urquhart) to do ALL of the above things himself .. in a selfbiograhpy (modern theatrical version) of his life ..

It's autobiography, not selfbiogahpy. And the ellipsis should have three evenly-spaced dots, as follows... Shame on you.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I call it "artistic freedom"

but you are right about the Auto vs Self .. but in Denmark we write it selvbiografi (so that's why).

I was doing my best 'anal forum spelling corrector' impression, inspired by an earlier post.

As a (former) English teacher, I have to fight myself not to correct mistakes, which is just as well since I make a fair few myself.

Ironically for English teachers, English has no 'authority' to declare one thing correct and another wrong. Selfbiography is a very common 'mistake', and if enough people keep writing it, it will eventually stop being a mistake and become a legitimate alternative.

Here's a useless piece of information that I'm not sure is correct, so maybe someone here knows more about it. I've heard that early recordings of spoken English reveal that the accent of British speakers in the early nineteenth century is much closer to modern east-coast American accents than to modern British accents. Is this true?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

well if I make what we call a "Danisme" (like the auto/self thingie) feel free to correct me! I don't want to contribute to the destruction of your language! :"> :blink:

Fortune favors the bald.

If you put The planet Saturn in a tub of water it would float

No, it wouldn't. That's a pretty absurd conclusion.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

From http://www.nineplanets.org/saturn.html

Saturn is the least dense of the planets; its specific gravity (0.7) is less than that of water.

So yes, Saturn would actually float in a tub of water (if the astronomers/astro physics guys are right) :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ok but like the guy said you would need a massive tub and would it actually be floating or just not affected by the tub's gravitational pull. Would it just dissolve in the water? Or would the massive gravitational pull of saturn just pull in all the water and possibly the tub?

The gravitational pull is the key. Saturn would either incorporate the water into its own mass, or be dissipated by it due to the gravitational forces created by such a huge water mass. Not to mention that you would need an immensely large amount of water (way larger than the Sun) for it to have a "flat" surface (this is, the curvature radius of the water body would need to be immense in comparison to Saturn) in which to put Saturn to see if it floats. So, no. It would not float, regardless of its density.

I have always been against this kind of stupid scientific simplifications, because they involve disregarding facts to an extent in which the point that is being illustrated is either absurd, or no longer valid/relevant. Science doesn't need to be "funny". :p

[EDIT]

Hey, come think of it, that was pretty useless! :D

Beat that!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

if a person ever got close enoughto a black hole their body would get spaghettified. spaghettified is when objects will grow long and stringy like spaghetti as they are being pulled into the black hole.

If you take a LEGO helicopter and throw it down a fligght of stairs, it breaks into a number of pieces relative to the height of the stairs and the force by which it was thrown.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

and how it hits the ground! you can be unlucky at it will hit a hardspot and remain completly intact! (although a certain speed will always counter that problem)

Fortune favors the bald.

Apparently I'm able to write stuff AS I'm falling asleep and still have it make sense the next day.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

In Redondo Beach, Calif., a police officer arrested a driver after a short chase and charged him with drunk driving. Officer Joseph Fonteno's suspicions were aroused when he saw the white Mazda MX-7 rolling down Pacific Coast Highway with half of a traffic-light pole, including the lights, lying across its hood. The driver had hit the pole on a median strip and simply kept driving. According to Fonteno, when the driver was asked about the pole, he said, "It came with the car when I bought it."

Apparently, my great grandpa wrote the Swedish lyrics to the Internationale.

communism.JPG

Comunism yay!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "