The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

Do you think that there is some kind of hidden message with the Mario Brothers ??

When he eats a red mushroom he gets high or taller if you will...

When he eats a green mushroom he can fly...

Very odd... Maybe I should try to see if it works in real life...

:)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

If you pour boiling water on a frog, it immediately jumps away to avoid getting cooked. If you very slowly heat the water around the frog instead, it doesn't jump away. It just sits there and stares until it dies.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Snopes'ed!

Sorry Chief.  :-

I actually saw a video of someone performing this experiment on the internet, but I couldn't find it now. But since I've seen it, I'm sure it'll turn up again. Somewhere.

Found it: http://www.big-boys.com/articles/makesyouthink.html

Of course, it's an ad (informative, about global warming), but still.. :huh:

you're joking, right, mkreku? that was your evidence? sorry pal, but they likely weren't even heating the container the second time. they were just trying to make a point using a silly urban legend.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

If you pour boiling water on a frog, it immediately jumps away to avoid getting cooked. If you very slowly heat the water around the frog instead, it doesn't jump away. It just sits there and stares until it dies.

That is a perfect example of a supercooled higgsfeild also. It triggered the big bang :-

thats to say if the bowl had a platue in the center and it took the miracluous jump to the platue to store the energy and when it jumped fionally , the accumalative energry would be relased complaicating stuff...

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

you're joking, right, mkreku?  that was your evidence?  sorry pal, but they likely weren't even heating the container the second time.  they were just trying to make a point using a silly urban legend.

taks

Sorry, troll, but where did I use the term "evidence"? I just explained where I got the useless information from (that's the topic, not useless trolling) and at the end I clearly stated that it was just an ad, which you conveniently missed.

If you put The planet Saturn in a tub of water it would float

Cal me a skeptic, but will you please back it with any info or background please.

well Saturn is made of Gas .. so technically it wouldn't float .. but it's density is lower than water so in theory it would float if submerged in water!

Fortune favors the bald.

Sorry, troll, but where did I use the term "evidence"? I just explained where I got the useless information from (that's the topic, not useless trolling) and at the end I clearly stated that it was just an ad, which you conveniently missed.

exactly how am i trolling, mkreku?

note, btw, that i did not resort to calling you names, either. something you carelessly do on a regular basis. so much for your self-righteousness.

also, all i did was point out the problem with using such ads as the basis for a line of thought. the ad didn't show anything at all... the fact that you conveniently mentioned it was an ad was irrelevant.

critical thinking skills are lacking in the world, and such stray statements (the urban legends) are clearly evidence of that fact. the point is that you saw and ad and thought it was true. that's not useless information, it's flat out wrong. useless does not mean incorrect. that's my bit of useless information.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

if it is incorrect, it could have negative implications.  might get folks boiling frogs to find out.  ick.

taks

Er.. the french boil frogs all the time.

Anyhow, how much of the info found in this thread do you actually think is true? I don't think the point is to educate anyone. I saw the ad, thought it was cool and useless so I posted it.

What did you bring to the discussion..?

HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LAMP?

-1 to change the lamp and start a thread stating that the lamp has been changed,

-9 to share past experience on the subject and suggest different ways the process could have been completed,

-4 to warn about the risks the changing of a lamp includes,

-1 moderator to move the thread to the "About Lamps" forum,

-5 to object to this moving, and suggest it be moved to the "About Electronics" forum instead,

-7 to indicate the spelling errors in all previous posts,

-18 to whine/complain at the moderators who allow such spelling errors to occur,

-4 moderators to delete the flames in the whining/complaining posts,

-3 to argue on whether it should be spelled as "lam-p" , "la-mp", or "lamp"...

-...and 3 more that regard the previous 3 as "complete retards",

-5 professionals who claim that the correct word is "light bulb" and not "lamp",

-19 know-it-all's who consider themselves professionals and say that the word "lamp" is completely correct,

-8 to say that lamps do not concern this forum and the conversation should take place in a forum that deals with lamps,

-11 to say that, since we all use lamps, this forum should be concerned about lamps,

-27 to discuss on what's the best way to change a lamp, where one can find the best lamp, which brand of lamps is the best/worst,

-11 to post links that contain info on different kinds of lamps,

-5 to post the correct links because the above links were wrong,

-2 to quote ALL the above posts and then just add a smilie on their post,

-6 to state that, since their intentions are misunderstood, they will not post on this forum again,

-7 to say that this issue has been debated on previous threads,

-11 to say that whoever needs info on lamps should first perform a google search on "lamps",

-and 1 forum n00b who posts on the original thread after 4 months of it being dead and starts the whole debate again...