The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

Really? In Kindergarten, I had at least 15 from a 4 foot square patch in my backyard... :ph34r:

You most be really lucky... Ever found a 7 leaf clover ??

I don't know why .. it's just a hunch .. but are you by any chance a big fan of Futurama?? :p

I've found around 10-15 in my life .. 10 of them in Norway! must be a lucky country .. :rolleyes:

10-15 you say... I didn't even know that 7 leaf clovers exist... but hey, maybe they had a radioactiv leak overthere we don't know about...

ups .. I meant "ordinary" 4-leaf clovers! it's was an answer to the other thread .. :"> ;)"

Fortune favors the bald.

There is a lobster in Georgia (I think...) that is half albino, and half female. It looks odd (sorta yin-yang ish).

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Do you think that there is some kind of hidden message with the Mario Brothers ??

When he eats a red mushroom he gets high or taller if you will...

When he eats a green mushroom he can fly...

Very odd... Maybe I should try to see if it works in real life...

I have 2 feet :(

Along that line, my brother-in-law had 6 toes in one of his feet. :(

Polydactyly is a recessive gene.

My cousin only has 3 on one and 4 on the other :p

Is he a sloth?

Nah, i think [superman's] invincibility extends to his clothing.... or something

In the comics -- sorry, graphic novels -- the inhabitants of Krypton live on in a minaturised city (in a bottle from memory) in Superman's Ice Fortress. The material for his clothing is from Krypton. (In the movie the baby lands on earth wearing it -- presumeably it is very elastic.)

The Roman Emporer used to indicate "let him live" with his thumb outside his fist held pointing to three o'clock. "Kill him" was the same outstretched fist, only the thumb has enclosed in the fingers. The "Thumbs up" hand symbol is still very rude in Greece. While in Brazil the "Ok" symbol is very rude. (It also means "4ssh0le" in sign language for the hearing challenged.)

Gladiatorial Contests were not "Games" (Ludo), they were Trials by Death, being the culmination of the legal system where convicted criminals and captured slaves could fight for their life (or be used as the pawns in great battle re-enactments).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Often overlooked, yet interesting even if it's just because it was a logistical masterpiece by the russians:

The battle for Manchuria, commencing 9th of August 1945 between the Soviet Union and Japan was one of, if not the largest single battle in WWII ...

Operation Compass was the first win for the Allies in the WW2 land campaigns.

In December 1940, General Wavell lead the Western Desert Force: Indian 4th Infantry Division (10k men), the Australian 6th Division (10k men) and the British 7th Armoured Division (Desert Rats, 65 tanks and 10k men). After 10 weeks the Allies had advanced 800km, destroying 400 tanks, 1,292 artillery pieces and capturing 130,000 POWs. The Allies suffered 494 dead and 1,225 wounded.

This was and is the biggest defeat in Italian history, back to the Roman Republic.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

... Antarctica means "no bears". Arctica (the Norht Pole) means "bears", because Icebears only live on the North Pole ...

The fur of Polar Bears is not whilte, it is hollow and scatters light like snow.

Polar Bears also give off no heat.

Sharks have a sixth sense, which can determine the electric conductivity of prey through the water. (This is believed to be why they sometimes change their target from the juicy deutritus to a nearby metal part of the boat once the protective eyelid has covered their eyes, which also prevents sight.) They also have a seventh sense, as they can sense vibrations in the water using a the lateralis system.

Dolphins shed their skin every two hours in a continual process. It is a tactic used to give a sudden burst of speed, by reducing 'form drag'. As the skin flakes off, it also helps the dolphin through the water: the flakes break up swirling vortices next to the skin that would otherwise slow the animal down. (Water is roughly 12 times the viscosity of air.) linkie

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

^ the information is useless .. so I deem it worthy of this thread!

The fur of Polar Bears is not whilte, it is hollow and scatters light like snow.

that link says polar bears live in Norway?? :)

someone from Norway confirm this ..

Fortune favors the bald.

^ the information is useless .. so I deem it worthy of this thread!

that link says polar bears live in Norway?? :wub:

someone from Norway confirm this ..

i have some friends in Norway. Soo far none have reported back :thumbsup: :ph34r: :-" lazy scouts o:)

When I was in Norway on vacation with my parents when I was 4, mom told me she could see a polarbear from the hotel room window.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Useless fact:

Across the river from me lies Scandinavias largest gold refinery.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Each christian cross on top of the two spires of the Uppsala domkyrka (some kind of large church) weighs ~500 kg. (~1100 lbs.).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Cursing makes baby Jesus cry.... :thumbsup: amongst other things :wacko:"

If you sneeze, and someone says 'Bless you', you should never say 'Thank you' back, because every time you do, a fairy dies.

If you say thank you multiple times, the Grim Reaper shows up and thanks you personally... He loves fairies...

Several months ago, I was given a divine revelation in a dream concerning Hare Krishnas and why one should not buy their stupid gouranga music. I shall now relay this useless revelation to you:

Many years ago, when the son of the goddess was walking around his Imperial Capital of San Francisco, he became endowed with a righteous and almighty hunger. Seeking to satiate the holy hole in his stomach, he did enter an estabishment which did sell the foods of the common man. And the Emperor did strike up a bargain with the man at the counter and said "My Good man, would you give your Emperor a hamburger?", whereupon the spotty faced teenager did reply "Of course, your majesty," and did present him with a burger, saying "That shall be ten cents, my Lord." The Emperor did begin to look sad, and said unto the boy at the counter "Alas, my young subject, I have but five cents with me." The boy, not wishing his emperor to go hungry, did then present him with a hot dog, saying "Well, your grace, the hot dog is only five cents." At this, the Emperor did become solemn, and suddenly did he take the hot dog and toss it in a most righteous manner out of the establishment. Taking the burger in hand, he said unto the boy "The hamburger is five cents, the hot dog is free." And so did the boy become enlightened.

And that is why you may not buy Gouranga music (or anything else) from Hare Krishnas, for the great goddess hath forbidden it. Not that she'd really care if you did, of course, but it's quite a fun story to tell the ones in town if I have the time.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!