TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

arg... i wanna play it now!!

lol I know how you feel. I have not even played it at all yet, but am waiting to start my first game with the added content. Since Kotor is in my top 5 games of all time its...........painful to have to wait but I think I will only check the progress once every week instead of every day from now on. Makes it easier :D

I also removed the shortcut to Kotor 2 from the desktop :)

Patience is a virtue.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Question: Are those issues able to be solved, or is there no way to go around them?

They're just "Unresolved." We're sure that some of the issues that come up (not neccesarily the ones shown in the picture) will be intractable. In those cases we just come up with a diferent way to do whatever it is we're trying to do.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

lol I know how you feel. I have not even played it at all yet, but am waiting to start my first game with the added content. Since Kotor is in my top 5 games of all time its...........painful to have to wait but I think I will only check the progress once every week instead of every day from now on. Makes it easier :D

I also removed the shortcut to Kotor 2 from the desktop :)

Heh I must always remember about removing those shortcuts from both Kotors cuz sometimes I just run them to load a random savegame and play a little :D so addictive...

Anyways your options are:

1. Sit down and patiently await it's completion (requires Willpower greater than 20)

2. Bask in the power of the dark side

Guest MacLeodCorp
Question: Are those issues able to be solved, or is there no way to go around them?

They're just "Unresolved." We're sure that some of the issues that come up (not neccesarily the ones shown in the picture) will be intractable. In those cases we just come up with a diferent way to do whatever it is we're trying to do.

Creativity is the best resolution... Good Deal!! :huh:

I've been pining for KOTOR 2. I just replayed KOTOR a few times and I have a real taste for it, but... I've wanted it to feel like a new game; to put enough distance between replays that the new mod makes it all the more fun.

Can anyone on the team give me a super-vague, totally unofficial hint at a release date which I will absolutely not hold you to? Or maybe a suggestion of whether I'll still be pining five months from now and thus might as well go ahead and replay?

KOTOR 2 is a great game and I'll get that restoration mod even if it's five YEARS from now. (Heck, I waited that long for Thief 2's "Shadows of the Metal Age"!) But I would love to know whether I should resist or just indulge myself, then begin the wait again.

*Thread pruned*

Please, don't start bashing LA, we don't want them to knock down the TSLRP now, do we?

I wasn't bashing at all. I was joking. My god, you guys are wound up tight...

"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now . . . until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

Edited by Wild Storm

Can anyone on the team give me a super-vague, totally unofficial hint at a release date which I will absolutely not hold you to? Or maybe a suggestion of whether I'll still be pining five months from now and thus might as well go ahead and replay?

We can't give an estimate. Period. Things change from week to week making it impossible to guage anything accurately. As we've said before: some people will be intelligent and take any guess we give as just that: a guess. But too many would take it as a date set in stone leading to a whole can of worms we're not even gonna touch.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

I understand. Better than most, I understand. All I really hoped for was an indication of whether I should just give up and play the game again.

I'll probably end up finishing KOTOR and F.E.A.R. and then replaying KOTOR 2 regardless of whether the mod is done by then or not. Oooh... and I could do Half-Life 2 and Thief 3 and Bloodlines again...

<---*indecisive*

Guest Dowie100

Is there really no chance of some pics its been a long long time, just as a teaser?

Why dont we start guesing the release date my bet

March 2006, what do you guys think?

Well I totted up how far along the progress reports said they were in the project, compared them to how far there is to go, made an estimation based on when they started and factored in the usual delays that come at the end of a project.

The date I came up with was err... June 2007. This is just a guess mind but I'd suggest anyone itching to play it again should be able to do so without worrying about the restoration being done while they are playing.

Well I totted up how far along the progress reports said they were in the project, compared them to how far there is to go, made an estimation based on when they started and factored in the usual delays that come at the end of a project.

The date I came up with was err... June 2007. This is just a guess mind but I'd suggest anyone itching to play it again should be able to do so without worrying about the restoration being done while they are playing.

Geez June 2007? Thats more then 1 1/2 years away. Kotor 2 will be long long forgotten by then :(

ugh that just.... sux

2007!?

Fingers crossed, It's just running a few simple numbers so it could be wildly inaccurate. If they've done more of the larger mods first and have already been running into the problems that show up late in a project it could be here much much sooner than that.

I don't exactly have any inside info beyond having programmed a few entirely separate projects myself and am familiar with how they tend to balloon at the end.

Fingers crossed, It's just running a few simple numbers so it could be wildly inaccurate. If they've done more of the larger mods first and have already been running into the problems that show up late in a project it could be here much much sooner than that.

I don't exactly have any inside info beyond having programmed a few entirely separate projects myself and am familiar with how they tend to balloon at the end.

arrrrrrrg!

i hate bad news!