TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

Well, my favorite Game-magazine got word of the "Sith Lords Restoration Project", and tell me to expect it *end January*

Any idea how they got this date and if it is correct?

:blink: What magazine are you reading? Because I'd say they threw a dart at a calendar. Only a member of the team will say when it's close to release. That announcement will be posted here in this thread, at our forums and over at the Holowan forums. If you hear from anyone that a release date has been announced and you can't find a thread on our boards then that person is lying and/or made it up.

When I searched their site and posts, this is all I come up with:

1. Last update: August 1, 2005 (Website Progress Page)

2. Last post by Dashus: August 23, 2005 (Not related to progress) (At ObsidianEnt.)

3. Last post by Dashus: August 1, 2005 (Related, but no progress report, for it was posted at their site.) (At LucasForums.com)

4. Last posted by Dashus: September 26, 2005: (Was talking about beta testing, but did not indicate they are beta-testing.)

Just so lots of you aren't disappointed: when we say we'll be drawing from the forums we mean we'll be picking people who've:

1) Posted regularly (not excssively; this is related to)

2) Posted smartly

3) Not made us want to pull our hair out.

(Posted at Team-Gizka's website.)

I wonder if this mod will be an exclusive release, and only particular people will be able to download the mod?

:huh: That post of mine is in a thread called "Possible Beta Tester"...I was referring to the informal qualifications of being a beta-tester...

It will be a very public release with at least 2 websites hosting it.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Guest MacleodCorp

Hey Dashus! Sorry for the harsh words in the past man! Since I have not been online, my perspective has changed over the last few weeks. You people have been working hard on your addition to The Sith Lords, and all I have been doing is complaining.

Thanks for the feedback man!

:) What magazine are you reading?  Because I'd say they threw a dart at a calendar.  Only a member of the team will say when it's close to release.  That announcement will be posted here in this thread, at our forums and over at the Holowan forums.  If you hear from anyone that a release date has been announced and you can't find a thread on our boards then that person is lying and/or made it up.

What is being said:

The Sith Lords Restoration Project

Er schort iets aan het einde van Kotor2: The Sith Lords. Dat stelden niet alleen wij vast, maar ook duizenden andere gamers. Toen er allerlei achtergebleven conversaties en levels ontdekt werden in de code, werd meteen duidelijk dat ontwikkelaar Obsidian diverse knappe concepten had moeten later vallen om de veel te krappe deadline van LucasArts te halen. Enkele Kotor-fans hebben zich voorgenomen om het werk zelf af te maken en doen dit via het Sith Lords Restoration Project. De mod zou eind januari te downloaden moeten zijn op www.team-gizka.org . Enkele leden van het bijbehorende forum hebben overigens laten weten dat ze meer nieuwigheden zullen integreren met een eigen mod.

Now, the translation for the 95% Non-Dutch Forum Members:

There is something wrong with the end of Kotor2: The Sith Lords. Not only we concluded that, but also thousands of other gamers. When all kinds of left-over convo's and levels were being found in the code, it became instantly clear that designer Obsidian had to cut several nice concepts to meet the far too short deadline of LucasArts. Some Kotor-fans have dedicated themselves to finish the job and do this with the Sith Lords Restoration Project. This mod should be downloadable end January from www.team-gizka.org . Some members of the associate forum had mentioned that they shall release more new content with an own mod.

Now, the translation for the 95% Non-Dutch Forum Members:

There is something wrong with the end of Kotor2: The Sith Lords. Not only we concluded that, but also thousands of other gamers. When all kinds of left-over convo's and levels were being found in the code, it became instantly clear that designer Obsidian had to cut several nice concepts to meet the far too short deadline of LucasArts.  Some Kotor-fans have dedicated themselves to finish the job and do this with the Sith Lords Restoration Project. This mod should be downloadable end January from www.team-gizka.org . Some members of the associate forum had mentioned that they shall release more new content with an own mod.

Wierd. Well they made it up, or believed this poll was somehow official (which it isn't).

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Guest MacleodCorp

F.Y.I.

I know someone may have said this, but I couldn't find it in the last few pages. If you go to http://team-gizka.org/downloads.html , you will find two new elements to download.

From their W.I.P. Page:

Atton Facing Fix by Tupac Amaru

Fix for the bug that sometimes has Atton facing away from you during conversations in the ****pit. (Note that if you're using stoffe's AI mod, you will need to recompile this; source included.)

Mira Spacesuit Fix by Tupac Amaru

Fix for the bug that sometimes has Mira in normal clothes instead of the spacesuit in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr.

Edited by MacleodCorp

Guest MacleodCorp

I know how you feel. When I try to balance mods and college work, there are not enough hours in a day. This year, I have two classes that meet twice a week for six hours a day, and three classes that meet twice a week, but only for three hours a day...

If the TSL Restoration team is in college, I can understand their balancing act.

Thats a good 3-4 hours of TSL Restoration. How much do you usually get done?

"How much"? Depends on what your measuring stick is. We don't sit down to mod thinking "OK I'm gonna make 5 scripts tonight." It's more like: "OK I need to make Mira not hover near or be impaled by Hanharr's arm. How the hell do I do that reliably?" Then you spend the next 3 or 4 hours trying 1 thing after another to get to that goal. Sometimes you do sometimes you don't.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

The high-res movie/music patch has finally been released. With the TSL-mod, we'll finally see what Obsidian originally intended with this game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, aside from M4-78 (was cut too early), I think we'll be seeing everything they were intending for the final cut, until the evil Lucas Empire squashed their deadline time.

Too bad there isn't a patch that'll have a 'tiering' system for upgrades, based on how many security rolls were done to get them. K3 I guess. :lol:

Actually you'll be seeing M4-78 as well....

I'm on a team of people restoring it right now ( and for the record we are not the polish guys )

we've been at it for about two months now

and if you want to find out more about it just head on over to the TSLRP's forums which they kindly share with our project

anyways back on topic

I personally am putting my money on the restoration being done late november early december........

but I honestly wouldnt mind waiting longer with all the great stuff they have in there

Nah. Better have a complete result than an early result.

After all, it wouldn't make much sense for a mod correcting the flaws of a game with an early deadline, to have an early deadline itself would it?

I don't think so; I'm pretty sure that one or two got longer. However, I think a new module just got added to the list, but it is difficult to be sure without an earlier copy of the page...

* EDIT * Google's cached version is the post-last edit broken version, so that doesn't help...

Edited by w666tvr
"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

They've never gone down as far as I know (though we may well be in some sort of modding wormhole so I wouldn't rule out time reversal entirely).

232TEL was added.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

You will be able to use your old savegames though sometimes that may cause complications because some things are loaded at level start (like characters, their feats etc.) and some only at their execution (like dialogs).

For example when using the Master Vash mod when entering the academy if you didn't have the mod installed and then install it and load a game inside the academy you'll get a dialog saying it isn't Master Vash in the cage though that will be her due to the fact that the character got loaded at the module initiation.