TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

:-:blink: All of you apart of the Restoration have my complete respect. I have played this game almost nonstop since April, and it is my most favorite game. I have added almost all of the fixes that you have released and absolutely love them. When your mod comes out my addiction will be complete. Great Job Team-Gizka!!!! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

I'm a newbie to this whole forum thing - so forgive my ignorance...

I spent pretty much the whole day searching the KOTOR 2 forums and following the "spoiler" threads from February (yeah, yeah, I know it is pathetic :"> ) trying to figure out the "issues" with the game storyline/ending. 'Course, I found that discussion led to the creation of the current mod effort and the chat apparently shifted over to this regular chat section. So here's my thought/question...

First of all, thanks so much to all the people that cobbled together the cut text and audio files back in March!!! :thumbsup: They were magnificent! I was so freaking frustrated by KOTOR 2's slapdash last half and ending I was ready to feed the game to a rapid doberman (and the person I borrowed the game from would NOT have been happy with me). I have an Xbox and no access to the hidden/cut files, so you've saved the game (and my friendship) from a ghastly, though possibly deserved, shredding...

Second, a question: Will this mod creation/recreation be usable for for us Xbox players? I wasn't planning on buying KOTOR 2 for my PC unless someone handed it to me for less than $10 - LA doesn't deserve more than that given my dissatisfaction (aka, irritation-induced migraine). Please, please say there'll be a way for me to access it on Xbox!! If not, will it be possible to access it on PC without the entire game? Just to see/hear something statisfying and make the 40+ hours I spent worthwhile?

Thirdly, as I don't intend to spend all tomorrow catching up on the regular chat between March and now (I'm not THAT patheticly bored), is there any relevent news on the potential KOTOR 3? I've heard interesting rumors at Gamespot....or should I be checking Bioware's forums?

Finally, some of the forum chat has been absolutely hilarious - thanks for lightening up my day! :thumbsup:

BTW, lovin' some of your usernames and mugs.

I'm a newbie to this whole forum thing - so forgive my ignorance...

I spent pretty much the whole day searching the KOTOR 2 forums and following the "spoiler" threads from February (yeah, yeah, I know it is pathetic  :"> ) trying to figure out the "issues" with the game storyline/ending.

On the contrary - respect to you for actually going through it all before joining the conversation. You'd be surprised how many just jump in there unwittingly and asking all the same questions that have been answered a gazillion times before.

Second, a question: Will this mod creation/recreation be usable for for us Xbox players?

While I'm not associated with the restoration team in any way, I do believe the plan is to do something for the Xbox once the PC mod is done, but I don't think the team is even sure themselves. Check the team's FAQ for answers and bookmark their site, so you can check back again later.

Thirdly, as I don't intend to spend all tomorrow catching up on the regular chat between March and now (I'm not THAT patheticly bored), is there any relevent news on the potential KOTOR 3?  I've heard interesting rumors at Gamespot....or should I be checking Bioware's forums?

No news about KotOR3 yet. There a thread dedicated exclusively to discussing the potential of the game, but all of the official voices (be it LA, Obsidian, Bioware, or whomever) have been very silent on the subject, and all it still speculation for now. Feel free to join the thread, but don't count on any official news.

Thanks, Jediphile, for the links!  :cool:  Got 'em bookmarked and am gonna check on how to modify my Xbox, just in case...  Maybe I'll purchase the PC version just for the mods. Hmmm.

Well, happy playing!  (for the first half of the game anyway)

Wait until it's out before you do that. Here's what I know on the topic:

1. There will be a .EXE installer for the mod, which will likely include an updater/patcher. Because of this, the "Standard" release of the mod will not work on X-Box.

2. There will also be a distribution of just the mod files, with manual install instructions. As of now, there's no reason this version wouldn't be compatible with X-Box, but you would need a modded X-Box which may or may not be illegal to possess in your country of residence, and would certainly void your warranty. It's being provided without the .EXE for those who have overwrites they want to merge, and for those who have other trouble with the automatic installation. X-Box won't be supported, but the mod should work on it.

There's no doubt that we will want to wait for this to be done in a few months, if possible.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I am quite new here and I haven't read trough the whole 64 pages. I want ask how will the new content mod be released? I know that modding is "download file X in folder Y"(I can be wrong, of course). Because there are a lot of files, the process won't be that simple. To me the most likely way is the content to be released as a patch. Is this the way you are going to release the cut content, or will there be another way?

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I am quite new here and I haven't read trough the whole 64 pages. I want ask how will the new content mod be released? I know that modding is "download  file X in  folder Y"(I can be wrong, of course). Because there are a lot of files, the process won't be that simple. To me the most likely way is the content to be released as a patch. Is this the way you are going to release the cut content, or will there be another way?

It will be released as an installer so that it 1) Doesn't conflict with your other mods and 2) There are so many files and so many places to put them that it would be alot easier on both the downloader and creators to just make an installer. So, yeah. Probably like a patch.

Consider it almost like patch 1.0c which OE wanted to release for restoration of cut content which LA did not allow them to.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

If you have been keeping up with the work of the Restoration Team, one of the discussions has been concerning Lonna Vash and whether she is assassinated by either the M4-78 Droid Army or by Sion and his Sith. There is a whole forum devoted to the Restoration of M4-78 where the discussion is centred around how Master Vash's murder takes place on that planet. Check it out at M4-78 Restoration

Also, more specific links about M4-78 below:

Droid Planet Music

Master Vash Secondary Option

robot voiceovers

Vash's Light Side Demise

M4-78 Movies

M4-78 sidequest ideas

M4-78's "Environmental Zone"

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I am quite new here and I haven't read trough the whole 64 pages. I want ask how will the new content mod be released? I know that modding is "download  file X in  folder Y"(I can be wrong, of course). Because there are a lot of files, the process won't be that simple. To me the most likely way is the content to be released as a patch. Is this the way you are going to release the cut content, or will there be another way?

It will be released as an installer so that it 1) Doesn't conflict with your other mods and 2) There are so many files and so many places to put them that it would be alot easier on both the downloader and creators to just make an installer. So, yeah. Probably like a patch.

It might still conflict with other mods; we're not even thinking about that can of worms yet. What the installer does is give people a way to cleanly uninstall the mod (which, while we like to think it won't, we know will happen). We're planning on distributing the auto-updater with both the manual and auto-installs.

There is a whole forum devoted to the Restoration of M4-78 where the discussion is centred around how Master Vash's murder takes place on that planet. Check it out at M4-78 Restoration

Just to reiterate what is already there because we know someone is gonna ask without reading: Team Gizka is not doing M4-78. This is a separate group of our forum members who wanted to try it.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

It might still conflict with other mods; we're not even thinking about that can of worms yet. What the installer does is give people a way to cleanly uninstall the mod (which, while we like to think it won't, we know will happen). We're planning on distributing the auto-updater with both the manual and auto-installs.

There is a whole forum devoted to the Restoration of M4-78 where the discussion is centred around how Master Vash's murder takes place on that planet. Check it out at M4-78 Restoration

Just to reiterate what is already there because we know someone is gonna ask without reading: Team Gizka is not doing M4-78. This is a separate group of our forum members who wanted to try it.

When the project is done, I'm going to do a clean install of KOTOR2 just for that. I uninstalled the game after being disappointed by the chopped ending the first time through. At this point no other mod means a damn thing except Team Gizkas WIP

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! I played KOTOR II a few months ago, and although I didn't find the ending that bad, I remember I DID find it odd that there were a lot of unanswered questions at the end as well as inexplicable things. And then i read about the deleted stuff right in this forum, also a few months ago. I't s been a while since the last time I logged into this forum, and now i've just read this topic, and I definitely will be waiting for this unofficial patch!!!!! thanks!

I recently played through it again as a male Jedi Master....the whole ending sequence seemed to have more closure and clarity the second time through. I was still disappointed though; not because of cut content but because the game was over. :)

I'm now going to try a female Sith Assassin game, because, you know, roleplaying a cold-hearted total bitch sounds like fun! :-:-"

wow, you've made some amazing progress in less than 8 months

the buzz will never die i'm so psyched about this

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I admire what you're trying to do, i hope you can manage this. I also hope your mod will be compatible with M4-78, that will make for a fantastic game.

In reality, Obsidian and LucasArts should be doing this restoration, they owe it to us. If BioWare can add Yavin to Xbox, this should be possible. If only George Lucas knew of this travesty...

Hope i havent repeated anything, but 65 pages is a mouthfull as mentioned earlier :wacko:"

Guest MacleodCorp

When I searched their site and posts, this is all I come up with:

1. Last update: August 1, 2005 (Website Progress Page)

2. Last post by Dashus: August 23, 2005 (Not related to progress) (At ObsidianEnt.)

3. Last post by Dashus: August 1, 2005 (Related, but no progress report, for it was posted at their site.) (At LucasForums.com)

4. Last posted by Dashus: September 26, 2005: (Was talking about beta testing, but did not indicate they are beta-testing.)

Just so lots of you aren't disappointed: when we say we'll be drawing from the forums we mean we'll be picking people who've:

1) Posted regularly (not excssively; this is related to)

2) Posted smartly

3) Not made us want to pull our hair out.

(Posted at Team-Gizka's website.)

I wonder if this mod will be an exclusive release, and only particular people will be able to download the mod?

When I searched their site and posts, this is all I come up with:

1. Last update: August 1, 2005 (Website Progress Page)

2. Last post by Dashus: August 23, 2005 (Not related to progress) (At ObsidianEnt.)

3. Last post by Dashus: August 1, 2005 (Related, but no progress report, for it was posted at their site.) (At LucasForums.com)

4. Last posted by Dashus: September 26, 2005: (Was talking about beta testing, but did not indicate they are beta-testing.)

Just so lots of you aren't disappointed: when we say we'll be drawing from the forums we mean we'll be picking people who've:

1) Posted regularly (not excssively; this is related to)

2) Posted smartly

3) Not made us want to pull our hair out.

(Posted at Team-Gizka's website.)

I wonder if this mod will be an exclusive release, and only particular people will be able to download the mod?

Maybe he referred to the initial beta-testing instead of the actual release, who knows

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy