TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

have very many people auditioned for the part yet?

None have responded :p

Have you tried on all KOTOR related anglish-speaking boards?

Obsidian is a bad choice cause this forum is basically dead these days.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm afraid you ara alone. KOTOR is no the same without voice acting

This is not Baldurs Gate Pal.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I don't know if it's been asked (and I don't feel like browsing 52 pages), but approximately how much extra space is the final product going to take up?

In terms of actual file space, unpacked ~50MB (though again this number could change as we're adding and removing things to do). The download size we hope to be around 5MB.

I'd suggest not to worry about VOs.  I'd be very happy with just text and I'm sure others might feel the same way.

While we agreed not to try to record new VO for characters that already existed, we also agreed that no lines would be without VO. In a game in which every line is voiced a line without voicing is distinctly noticable (in a not-so-good way).

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

While we agreed not to try to record new VO for characters that already existed, we also agreed that no lines would be without VO.  In a game in which every line is voiced a line without voicing is distinctly noticable (in a not-so-good way).

Well, you could also do like in Korriban KOTOR1...

Let some Human speek Twi'lek...

Enough VO lines for these, and you can place anything you want in the text beneath...

I'd suggest not to worry about VOs.  I'd be very happy with just text and I'm sure others might feel the same way.

IMO, voice overs are a must in a game like this. Especially when the rest of the game features voice overs.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest MacleodCorp
Long version of introductory movie is now available in the downloads section of the website.

(Note: Requires a BitTorrent Client.  We recommend Arctic.)

Well, I own Windows 2000 and XP, and it doesn't seem to like my machine...lol... Could you people release something that is a little more efficient.

K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

have very many people auditioned for the part yet?

None have responded :(

So, you are at 50% completion, and you started when? Do you think you will be done before people get sick of the game?

As we stated here the progress bars apply only to the individual modules and cannot be averaged accurately (hence the absence of a "Total Percentage Complete" bar).

As for whether people will move on-that's their decision. We'll continue to toil in hopes of achieving some semblance of the original vision for those that are interested. If that happens to be only us-so be it :wub:

i guarantee it won't just be you all. I've played the game through once, and I won't play it again until this mod is done. I'm doing that specifically not to become burnt out on the game before it is "done."

Thanks again to you all on the team for your continued hard work :)

I'll be playing this for sure when it's done.

Hell, I still play KOTOR I everytime there is a new mod or addition that strikes my fancy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Long version of introductory movie is now available in the downloads section of the website.

Will this be available as part of the final mod when it is done. I'm just afraid if I don't download it now, I won't be able to download it later if no seeds or whatever are available. (I'm fairly uninformed about bittorrent.)

I'm not allowed to use BitTorrent. :wub: If my university's network detects it, I'll be disconnected. Is there any chance of getting it as a regular download from somewhere in the future?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Ph33r the Gizka.

The whole sequence seems to have some framerate issues though. Slow comp for the one who compiled it?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

One at a time, and awaaayy we go :cool:

Well, I own Windows 2000 and XP, and it doesn't seem to like my machine...lol... Could you people release something that is a little more efficient.

This is the most efficient: for our bandwidth. If we released this through the website every download would burn 3.20MB even 7zipped. Every download we provide gets approximately 700-1000 hits per day for approximately a week and then begins to taper off. Assuming this isn't a popular download and we get 5000 hits in that first week: 5000*3.2MB = 16000MB = 16GB of bandwidth. We're not willing to burn that much bandwidth. We've tried pcgamemods and their uploader (both old and new) chokes on anything more than ~1MB. We'll look into other solutions but don't count on one soon, especially seeing as this is a non-essential extra.

Will this be available as part of the final mod when it is done.  I'm just afraid if I don't download it now, I won't be able to download it later if no seeds or whatever are available.  (I'm fairly uninformed about bittorrent.)

This long version will not be included with the final version as it would approximately double the size of the mod if we did. This is just the extended version as we had originaly planned (before we realized it would double our download size)

Actually says most tests most've ever done :ermm: Provided there are seeds (we guarantee 2 on this one) it will almost always be faster.

Ph33r the Gizka.

The whole sequence seems to have some framerate issues though. Slow comp for the one who compiled it?

:o We don't have any framerate issues when playing on any of our computers. It was captured at 30fps; could try downloading again. Also note that the bik player seems extremely sensitive to CPU usage, so you might also try shutting down CPU hogs.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Dash posted the link before I was 100% ready to handle the tracker on the server. It's up now, and there seem to be a bunch of seeders.

You can go here to see how many people are seeding/leeching the file:

http://tracker.team-gizka.org:6999/

That should give you an idea of what kind of bandwidth you can expect.

As for it not working, you can always use Bram's BT client. You remember Bram Cohen? The guy who created BT? http://bittorrent.com/

Will this be available as part of the final mod when it is done. I'm just afraid if I don't download it now, I won't be able to download it later if no seeds or whatever are available. (I'm fairly uninformed about bittorrent.)

It'll be an optional extension. There's a short version of the logo which doesn't have the food chain clip that'll be distrubted with the actual mod. (The video is 3.5mb and doesn't add to the gameplay, though it is amusing.)

I'm not allowed to use BitTorrent. :(  If my university's network detects it, I'll be disconnected.  Is there any chance of getting it as a regular download from somewhere in the future?

That is much poopiness. AFAIK, there aren't currently any hosts with the video in non-BT format.

I don't even know how to use bittorent.  Even when I was at my busiest downloading music I never used it.

You need to install BitTorrent, to begin with. Dash suggests Arctic, I prefer Bram's BT client, available from http://bittorrent.com/. Once it's installed, all you need to do is go to a download site with a Torrent, and download the torrent. Then, open the torrent with BitTorrent, and it'll ask you where you want to save the file.

Please have the courtesy to leave your client open and seed for at least a little while after you've completed the download. There isn't a seeder on the server itself, which means that the clients turn off, it hurts everybody else. BitTorrent works by sharing bandwidth between different clients. I download the first 1mb from a server, and while I'm downloading the next 1mb, somebody can download the first 1mb from me, which they can then share with somebody else, and so forth. BitTorrent works best when people are willing to upload files as well as download, and since it's not an illegal distribution, you don't need to worry about getting sued. :)

Ph33r the Gizka.

The AVI from which the BIK was made had an original framerate of 30fps, and that is part of the problems you're seeing. (the Mandalorian's legs, for example, are the best place to see it). The other thing to keep in mind is that the animations are sometimes blocky and incomplete, even at high framerates. This video was not created on the same computer that did the video editing.

The later video editing was done on an AthlonXP 2200+ w/ 1024MB of PC3200 and a 256MB/DDR Radeon 9600 Ultra video card. The later video editing, however, doesn't depend on hardware for performance, since it can render the video at 1fpm if it was really needed. (actually, it was closer to 3.5 seconds per frame for lossless compression :))

So we (see: I) have learned 2 things: 1) BitTorrent is indeed very fast and 2) BitTorrent is so fast because it drains your outgoing and incoming data to the point where uploading to PCGM implodes. Movie now also available here :ph34r:

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I was glad to read in your WIP that you are adding hoods and customised lightsabre grips. Excellent, dudes! :sorcerer:"

They are? Did I miss something on the WIP page?......no....I didn't....what WIP page are you looking at?

The invisible WIP page, visible only to rumor starters who don't quite seem to understand that it's hard enough to control how the information *we* release is interpreted, much less information someone else releases, especialy when it's blatantly false.

I knew it was in jest from the smiley, but there will be people that will misinterpret everything, so if y'all could refrain from doing this from now on that'd really be helpful. Thanks.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister