TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

They've opened two threads on the forums recently; one for public input into the Atton's fate (which got locked after it turned into an argument about force ghosts, sadly) and one for public requests for inclusion in the mod.

Both of which I take as a good sign that things are proceeding apace. Now the web site is back with us, I should think that there will be at least an audio update in our near future. :thumbsup:

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Thanks good people :)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Guest MacleodCorp

Hey 'TSL Restoration Project: Team'!

Thanks for the update, and Aurora has a pretty cool voice! Well, I wish you a lot of luck, and I can't wait to see the out come.

DarthMacLeod (AKA. MacLeodCorp)

Is it me, or does Dashus sound a lot like Bao-Dur?

He could record additional lines :thumbsup:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Guest MacleodCorp

Dashus: - I noticed a few things that intrest my curiosity. 202TEL & 203TEL: What did you change or add to 203TEL? I have a mod that runs off of that level, and it is quite big in changes. Is there something that you guys did that would interfere with .git changes? :thumbsup:

In 203TEL we have one file that changed (making getting to 100% fairly easy :thumbsup: ). We just modified bountyhunter.dlg to include some GenoHaradan stuff.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Guest MacleodCorp
In 203TEL we have one file that changed (making getting to 100% fairly easy :( ).  We just modified bountyhunter.dlg to include some GenoHaradan stuff.

Oh! Good Deal! I checke dyou list, for I want to make sure there are no conflicts between what I am doing and what you guys are doing... :huh:

601 & 602 look like they are only line fixes, so I can finish up what I am doing. Good Deal!!!

Guest MacleodCorp

TSL Restoration Project!

When I first started modding, I had to overcome a few obstacles. Most of the time I had to use trial and error. While looking at Team-Gizka's website, I noticed a variety of retorations, which your team has decided to tackle. Since there are some people who want to start modding KotOR II, could you share your thoughts on the following:

1. When you decided to restore the missing content, to KotOR II, what challenges did you people see from the start?

2. As you continue to go forward, did you expect this project to take a while?

3. As you know, there are many KotOR II gammers waiting for this project. Were you expecting this much support?

4. As a fellow modder, I know the long hours you have to put into scripts, dialogue, and textures. What part of the project did you find that it took longer than expected?

5. Many modders utilize tools. What types of software did you use, and what type of software did you find the need to create?

6. When it comes to missing content, how did you determine what needed to be cut?

7. Did you find that you had to sacrifice a portion of a project, so another portion could benifit?

8. Voice Overs. Did you fid that you had to edit voice overs, so they could fit a certain dialogue?

9. There are so many people working on this project, how did you people stick together for such a long time?

10. When you look back at what you have accomplished, the expectations people have, and the legnth of time you put into the restoration, would you do it all again?

Thanks for your time,

DarthMacLeod (MacLeodCorp)