TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

*hugs Dashus and anyone else on the restoration team*

cant wait for it to be finished!

hmm... maybe i should cut back on hugging random strangers.... some people already think im gay....

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

*hugs Dashus and anyone else on the restoration team*

cant wait for it to be finished!

hmm... maybe i should cut back on hugging random strangers....  some people already think im gay....

You mean you aren't :p j/k

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Because I honestly believe it can't be said enough, I'm piling on the praise train.

Thank you Aurora, Dashus, and everyone else involved with the restoration project. This game had a hole where its ending should be, and I'm looking forward to the future lack of sucking-end-wound.

I will bake cookies, beta, knit hats, edit text, whatever, as I sadly can't script to save my life.

Much adoration,

LD

They are in the process of moving to a new web host.

The forums are still available here, and their list of fixes are available from this post here.

Note that the downloadable material is fixes rather than cut content, that comes later...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

At last check you have to copy the link (in firefox "copy link location") and manually paste it into the URL bar and hit return. Razor's got an anti-direct link protection thing enabled that's inihibiting easy download; we'll try to get that fixed :)

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

I know that you have to copy the link location, the thread stated that at the very top when I first clicked it.  It still didn't work, but it's not a problem I guess, I'll wait.

I've just updated the access permissions for remote linking to those files so you should be able to initiate a download from the thread at knights2end.com now just by clicking on the links. They should also now redirect to a temporary download page if direct linked elsewhere.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

I know that you have to copy the link location, the thread stated that at the very top when I first clicked it.  It still didn't work, but it's not a problem I guess, I'll wait.

I've just updated the access permissions for remote linking to those files so you should be able to initiate a download from the thread at knights2end.com now just by clicking on the links. They should also now redirect to a temporary download page if direct linked elsewhere.

Excellent, thanks for the link -- it's good to see all those bugfixes in one place. :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

We've narrowed our search for a new host to 4 candidates. We hope to have our new domain up by the end of this upcoming weekend at the latest. Stay tuned.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Excellent.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Any news? :(

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

A lot done, a lot still to do, last I heard.

They have begun investigating the format that the mod will finally be delivered in and decided upon 7zip. They have also started talking about whether the mod can be used transparently with an existing save game or whether it would be better to start again (consensus is start again - they have modified files that are copied within the save games themselves; all sorts of strangeness could ensue otherwise).

All of this is very encouraging as it seems that they can see the end of the tunnel, but I think they will hold off on any sort of release schedule until they are ready to start beta testing. They are very conscious of the criticisms levelled at Obsidian for the delays in delivering game patches and determined not to fall foul of the same...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

There shouldn't be, but there has been.

Some - possibly willful, possibly overly hopeful - misinterpretations of their work in progress pages and audio updates has led to some rather silly questions being posted on the progress thread on their own forums. As soon as one of the devs says that he is 20% away from completing the part of the project he is currently working upon, someone will pop-up and say "OK, so it's nearly finished, when are you going to release it".

If I were them, it would get me down; especially after they have gone to great lengths to explain on their FAQ page (sadly missed at the moment) that they weren't going to give a date until they could set it in stone...