TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

Audio update here

Good to hear that you guys/gals are still doing progress. There was no mention about the HK-factory though, are you taking a break from it?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Good to hear that you guys/gals are still doing progress. There was no mention about the HK-factory though, are you taking a break from it?

We frequently hop around to different parts of the project: helps prevent burnout :cool:

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Hello, I am new at this forum and just asking about the TSL Restoration Project. I played through my xbox version of Kotor 2: Sith Lords as Dark Side Male my first time and I notice alot of quests not done and the HK Factory missing and the ending was lame as hell. Then coming to the forum and reading all the stuff cut out, I felt like returning the game to the store saying the game not finishes and it broken. But I didn't because I like to see the full game with cut material, HK Factory and the bug quests added. So I signed the petition (also at 10 000 signed) and hearing about TSL Restoration Project that sounds like great news and hope the mod will have a xbox version, please, please, please! If you need help with making a mod for the xbox I will help. Please let me know what going on (read the forum everyday since I joined)?

Audio update here

Well done I am constantly surprised at the rapid progress your team is making!

Any proofing or such work I would be pleased to help with.

Rapid? It's June already and restoration isn't finished yet!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Audio update here

:blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hello, I am new at this forum and just asking about the TSL Restoration Project.  I played through my xbox version of Kotor 2: Sith Lords as Dark Side Male my first time and I notice alot of quests not done and the HK Factory missing and the ending was lame as hell.  Then coming to the forum and reading all the stuff cut out, I felt like returning the game to the store saying the game not finishes and it broken.  But I didn't because I like to see the full game with cut material, HK Factory and the bug quests added.  So I signed the petition (also at 10 000 signed) and hearing about TSL Restoration Project that sounds like great news and hope the mod will have a xbox version, please, please, please!  If you need help with making a mod for the xbox I will help.  Please let me know what going on (read the forum everyday since I joined)?

Not only would an Xbox version be impractical, but it would violate a number of laws. Besides only people willing to break said laws and mod their boxes would be able to play it. I say stick to the PC version.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

"Not only would an Xbox version be impractical, but it would violate a number of laws. Besides only people willing to break said laws and mod their boxes would be able to play it."

Uh, what laws? As far as I know, modding Xboxes is completely 100% legal.

Anyhow, IIRC, there is an Xbox version coming.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Well, I'm sure there's still plenty of work to be done. If you wait until the restoration is finished, the price of the PC version should have dropped significantly. Then you can sell the Xbox version and buy it instead. That's what I'm doing.

sig2.gif

Audio update here

And after they're done adding content they have to debug everything.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

And after they're done adding content they have to debug everything.

Doesn't stop the 'professionals' from releasing things...

Judging from the current methodology, it appears that the debugging is an integral part of the development cycle (as it should be) and so I would not expect the debugging process to take an inordinate amount of time.

One thing is for sure, it'll take a lot less time than if any of us did it. :wub:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

With one module (902MAL-G0T0/Remote ending) at beta we thought we'd do some more general testing, and it looks as though

a) this mod is not going to be transparent and

b) 7zip is the likely format of the final download

Mod transparency, for those unfamiliar with the term, is the ability to install a mod and being able to play without having to go back to an earlier point in the game to ensure that the mod works. The problem is that the git files are stored in the save games themselves and since we're editing them there are some fun things that happen. Which is another way of saying things get really screwed up :p . So it looks like starting a new game is the way to play the modded game (you'll still be able to skip Peragus and experience everything the mod has to offer).

7Zip, if you've not heard of it, is a newer archive format that beats the pants off every other compression algorithm out there. As part of testing today we tried archiving the entire K2 Modules directory (83.6MB). The 7Zip archive was a mere 3.63MB, which, for those keeping score at home, is a 2300% reduction in size :blink:. Yikes. In a good way :geek: . While we're not particularly fond of the 7Zip program's UI, other programs are starting to support it (winrar does, and we're unsure about winzip).

Quick website update-We've gotten a few offers for hosting and we're looking into them. :o

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

the Nurb Side of the Force ...............Bah...................................I choose the Pink Side of the Force

Does said side have flamboyant tastes in clothing and accessorize well? :-"

As long as a guy named mgnails isn't heading (or even a part of) this project, I have faith in it.

But GoA, The Chosen One Must Choose!

Hi,

please can we have some sort of update on the current status of the restoration project, as the website is currently down and there seems to be a major problem about it?

I really enjoyed KOTOR 2 despite it being only half finished, and I'm really excited about this project to replace the stuff that was never implimented....