TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

I don't want to seem impatient, but i just watched Revenge Of The Sith, which really tied up a lot of loose ends. Any idea when this saga will finally be completed?

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

And sorry about all the spelling and grammatical errors, however i didn't realise that i was going to be judged on it.

That just shows a lack of foresight -- to berate volunteers on their grammer while not looking to your own is, well, kind of silly.

For one, I would rather the Restoration Project folks focus on their finals, lives, and then their project rather than fielding tripe such as this.

Waste of time, indeed.

Cloris

i need help desperately!!!

i want to fix bugs and i download some override folder from TSL Restoration Project.

but some of them contain source folder. (i.e.) file rzf_criminals_questfix.zip :thumbsup:

what must i do to the source folder ????? :wub:

Um...if you mean how to open a zip file, download winzip. If not, your question isnt clear.

P.S. I'll feel embarassed for you. :">

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Um...if you mean how to open a zip file, download winzip. If not, your question isnt clear.

P.S. I'll feel embarassed for you.  :">

errr.... , sorry if my question isn't clear enough before.

what i mean is,

after i unzip the file there are 2 folders.

1. Override folder

2. Source folder

and what must i do to the source folder?

copy and paste it to my SwKotor2 folder?

or there is another way?

i hope my question clear. :">

and thanks for all your help

Just copy the contents of the Override folder into your Override folder in your ...LucasArts/KOTOTII directory. You don't need the source folder at all unless you want to investigate the changes that were made for the mod.

I think...

Cloris

Just copy the contents of the Override folder into your Override folder in your ...LucasArts/KOTOTII directory. You don't need the source folder at all unless you want to investigate the changes that were made for the mod.

I think...

Cloris

ow, great!!!!

the bug fixed n i can feel the force again

thanks master Cloris :D

[*grammar  :ermm:

:blink:" Okay, I didn't mean to serve as an example, but there you go...

Cloris

*cough* how do you think i feel *cough*

All in all i am however having a good time, and to whoever called me a troglodyte due to naysaying... get a life yourself. There can be no improvement without critiscm... And no i am not the perfect example, i'm 16, im far from perfect and my net-iquette is far from perfect. However it is an opinion and last time i checked that is what forums are for, my mistake...

... And sorry about all the spelling and grammatical errors, however i didn't realise that i was going to be judged on it.

Actually, the primary point of the correction was not to judge your aptitude for syntax (woeful as it is); it was to point out the hypocrisy and ludicrous nature of your blatantly flawed and insensitive comments. Or did you not expect Aurora to respond to your trolling?

I'm just looking from a business point of view, that if i were an investor, or a stakeholder in your project, i would not be inspired with confidence.  Also to all those who were very nice to correct me thank you, you wasted at least 30 seconds worth of posting time arguing a lost cause and i hope that when this 'mod' comes out your very pleased with it :thumbsup:

Business pov? For an amateur project being completed by a brave group of fans for free? While most are doing finals? WTF?

Even if you choose to measure their efforts so, they have thus far exceeded all expectations.

Get a life, imbecile. You will never get a mention in a magazine by being a naysaying troglodyte.

Now, now...

I know what you mean, but forgive and forget.

At least the guy apologized. That's more than I would have hoped for. And trolls just keep trolling no matter what you do. That was not the case here.

I find that most people would rather stick to their position out of pride and stubborness rather than admit they erred. All trolls do. That also was not the case here, so let's give the guy a little credit on that account at least.

Besides, I doubt the restoration team wants to listen to all this bickering, so if anyone has a problem, maybe it's time to just build and bridge and get over it...

Hmmm, okay penitence is a good thing, but I still don't understand why the person decided that attacking the group of volunteers (about their spelling, of all things) was a valid way to question the status of the mod. I was merely trying to impart some empathy on the poor individual; I may have applied the lesson with a little excess vim.

(Anything that threatens the project, even ignorance, should be combated and defeated!)

And perhaps I was a little hasty in my pronouncements; time will tell.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah give them a break people!

They are actually doing something about it rather than talking on a forum like the rest of us. <_<

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

*cough* how do you think i feel *cough*

All in all i am however having a good time, and to whoever called me a troglodyte due to naysaying... get a life yourself.  There can be no improvement without critiscm... And no i am not the perfect example, i'm 16, im far from perfect and my net-iquette is far from perfect.  However it is an opinion and last time i checked that is what forums are for, my mistake...

Rightfully, I can say that I don't really know -- the oblivious "it's just an opinion" thing doesn't quite fly in this particular case. By the time you posted, the thread was what, 26 pages long? So you knew good and well that these folks were volunteers, that the overwhelming majority of folks here supported their work, and that they were looking for additional help. So it was pretty obvious that you'd get blasted, even at your age. There are a lot of asssumptions that one can make about you now that aren't very flattering, and if you want to undo them it will take work -- more work than if you had thought carefully before lashing out in such a way.

An offer to help might have gone over differently, and this situation would will hopefully serve you as a chance to learn such things.

In any case, I will look forward to more from TRP, and only wish that I had a skill-set I could offer as help.

Cloris

Jad'en: Again, if you feel there are grammatical mistakes on the website, please point to the specific mistakes and offer corrections. I glanced over the site just now and the only thing that popped out at me was a that/which mixup.

Everyone else, thanks for the defense (the scary, scary, grammar-obsessed defense :p). Let's steer this thread back on-topic now (y'know, back to asking if we have a release date yet, or such).

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Have you got a release date yet, or such?

That's just what I've been thinking!

Jad'en: Again, if you feel there are grammatical mistakes on the website, please point to the specific mistakes and offer corrections. I glanced over the site just now and the only thing that popped out at me was a that/which mixup.

Everyone else, thanks for the defense (the scary, scary, grammar-obsessed defense :wub:). Let's steer this thread back on-topic now (y'know, back to asking if we have a release date yet, or such).

I'm still waiting for that autographed poster of you. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)