TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

On the topic previously posed of restoration/engine change mods for other games, the "Unfinished Business" mod for Baldur's Gate II restores stuff cut before release (though on a less extreme scale than for this game). :)

Additionally, there is a mod called BG1 Tutu which converts BG1 to the BG2 engine, allowing the higher resolutions, character kits and so on.

Both can be found at http://www.pocketplane.net

On the topic previously posed of restoration/engine change mods for other games, the "Unfinished Business" mod for Baldur's Gate II restores stuff cut before release (though on a less extreme scale than for this game). :)

Additionally, there is a mod called BG1 Tutu which converts BG1 to the BG2 engine, allowing the higher resolutions, character kits and so on.

thanks for the link

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

On the topic previously posed of restoration/engine change mods for other games, the "Unfinished Business" mod for Baldur's Gate II restores stuff cut before release (though on a less extreme scale than for this game). :ermm:

thanks for the link

FYI... you will need to remove TuTu to use BG2.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On the topic previously posed of restoration/engine change mods for other games, the "Unfinished Business" mod for Baldur's Gate II restores stuff cut before release (though on a less extreme scale than for this game). >_<

thanks for the link

FYI... you will need to remove TuTu to use BG2.

I don't have BG1, anyway, but thanks for the headsup.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Been pretty quiet lately. Any word from Aurora or her team?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nope.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

College.  Finals.  Need I say more? :thumbsup:

Nope, that says it all. Good luck and kick some ...

Thomas Sowell

Im sure your doing great work.

However ive lost alot of faith in your 'team' as there are countless spelling mistakes over your website, even on the main page =/

Sorry but thats just how i judge things :devil:

Guest MacleodCorp

However ive lost alot of faith in your 'team' as there are countless spelling mistakes over your website, even on the main page =/

Sorry but thats just how i judge things :thumbsup:

As a graphic designer, I can understand why you feel this way. However, these people are putting time into making the game fun, and they don't need to use spell check. If they were a professional company, then I would say you have a point. However, they are only gammers fixing another individual's mistakes.

You bought a game where someone made code (spelling) mistakes, but you won't give these guys a chance!? Now that is screwed up!

"However ive lost alot of faith in your 'team' as there are countless spelling mistakes over your website, even on the main page =/"<----They may have spelling mistakes, but you have a worse problem. Grammar Mistakes!

Here is how you should have wrote your statement:

"However, I have lost alot of faith in your 'Team'. Since there are countless spelling mistakes, at your website, I am reluctant to download your game fixes."

Within your statement, you made a dependant thought, and you didn't finish your statement with a independant clause. I lost faith in your post!

Here is another grammer mistake:

"Im sure your doing great work."<-----A big mistake!

Here is how it should be:

I am sure you are doing a great job.

I am sure you're doing a great job.

Your - means ownership. If you use the word your in a scentence, know how to express a clear thought.

Next time you make a statement, make sure you don't make mistakes!

-------Overall this is how your statement should have looked like:

I am sure you are doing a good job; however, I have lost faith in your team. Since there are countless spelling mistakes, at your website, I am reluctant to download anything from you. Even on the front page you have mistakes. Sorry, but that is how I judge the quality of your work!

-------

Now, since your statement is flawed, I believe that the 'Restoration Program' kicks ass! Keep up the good work!

K.M.A. (w00t)

Here is how YOU should have WRITTEN your statement:

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Guest MacleodCorp

Yeah, I should have been more cautious! I was only telling him not to judge someone, for he too has flaws!

Sorry but thats just how i judge things >_<

As a graphic designer, I can understand why you feel this way. However, these people are putting time into making the game fun, and they don't need to use spell check. If they were a professional company, then I would say you have a point. However, they are only gammers fixing another individual's mistakes.

You bought a game where someone made code (spelling) mistakes, but you won't give these guys a chance!? Now that is screwed up!

"However ive lost alot of faith in your 'team' as there are countless spelling mistakes over your website, even on the main page =/"<----They may have spelling mistakes, but you have a worse problem. Grammar Mistakes!

"However, I have lost alot of faith in your 'Team'. Since there are countless spelling mistakes, at your website, I am reluctant to download your game fixes."

Within your statement, you made a dependant thought, and you didn't finish your statement with a independant clause. I lost faith in your post!

Here is another grammer mistake:

"Im sure your doing great work."<-----A big mistake!

Here is how it should be:

I am sure you are doing a great job.

I am sure you're doing a great job.

Your - means ownership. If you use the word your in a scentence, know how to express a clear thought.

Next time you make a statement, make sure you don't make mistakes!

-------Overall this is how your statement should have looked like:

I am sure you are doing a good job; however, I have lost faith in your team. Since there are countless spelling mistakes, at your website, I am reluctant to download anything from you. Even on the front page you have mistakes. Sorry, but that is how I judge the quality of your work!

-------

Now, since your statement is flawed, I believe that the 'Restoration Program' kicks ass! Keep up the good work!

K.M.A. (w00t)

LOL! Best post on this board in a long time!

Thomas Sowell

Here is what the erudite poster should have said:

I volunteer to proof the dialogue for spelling and grammar.

(Rather than sit back on my arse and criticize.)

Fortunately the team need not worry about offending the ignorant person with a denial.

BTW, if I can help with proofing, I'd be happy to. >_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This all still boggles my mind. The whole Gamer #1 correcting Gamer #2's spelling/grammar mistakes in a forum. If I'm not completely mistaken, I really thought we were here to talk about a game, not correct each other's incorrect spelling. This, as far as I know, is not school. I didn't come here to brush up on my 9th grade grammar skills; so if you aren't a licensed Grammar/English teacher, please, please refrain from doing so.

It was funny the first few times I was a witness of it, but it's just getting ridiculous and rather absurd. >_<

This all still boggles my mind. The whole Gamer #1 correcting Gamer #2's spelling/grammar mistakes in a forum. If I'm not completelly mistaken, I really thought we were here to talk about a game, not correct each other's incorrect spelling. This, as far as I know, is not school. I didn't come here to brush up on my 9th grade grammar skills; so if you aren't a licensed grammar/english teacher, please, please refrain from doing so.

It was funny the first few times I was a witness of it, but it's just getting rediculous and rather obsurd.

I disagree, quite vehemently, actually.

Firstly, if you don't know how to use the language you will quickly loose all ability to communicate effectively. I expect you will say that an apostrophe is a useless piece of punctuation; or better yet, let's dispense with punctuation and grammar altogether. I know, why don't we just grunt and point? :rolleyes:

If, as a personal preference you don't want to read a post correcting someone's spelling or grammar, then don't. I do. That didn't occur to you, did it?

Secondly, the imbecile was making a criticism of the spelling on the host website; it is ironic in the extreme that the poster had several syntax errors.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest MacleodCorp
This all still boggles my mind. The whole Gamer #1 correcting Gamer #2's spelling/grammar mistakes in a forum. If I'm not completelly mistaken, I really thought we were here to talk about a game, not correct each other's incorrect spelling. This, as far as I know, is not school. I didn't come here to brush up on my 9th grade grammar skills; so if you aren't a licensed grammar/english teacher, please, please refrain from doing so.

It was funny the first few times I was a witness of it, but it's just getting rediculous and rather obsurd.

I disagree, quite vehemently, actually.

Firstly, if you don't know how to use the language you will quickly loose all ability to communicate effectively. I expect you will say that an apostrophe is a useless piece of punctuation; or better yet, let's dispense with punctuation and grammar altogether. I know, why don't we just grunt and point? :rolleyes:

If, as a personal preference you don't want to read a post correcting someone's spelling or grammar, then don't. I do. That didn't occur to you, did it?

Secondly, the imbecile was making a criticism of the spelling on the host website; it is ironic in the extreme that the poster had several syntax errors.

metadigital - LOL (w00t)

That was the whole idea of my post! LOL (w00t)

Sorry but thats just how i judge things :p

you are should be "you're" NOT "your" as you wrote above. Just pointing out a spelling mistake. :p

Guest MacleodCorp
The team all have exams at the mo (i think) so it may be a while for any new updates.

Good luck to them by the way!!

Yeah, I am having the same issue... FINALS WEEKS!

So, for those wondering about this awsome mod set, I am sure they will be returning to wholesome modding fun at the end of the week or the next week. I know what they are going through. Even though my exams end today, I am still going to take my time to get into recreational things... R & R is allways good after HELL weeks!

Sorry but thats just how i judge things =]

Wha...? Countless? Where? There are none that I see on the main page, at least. There might be a few in the WIPs, but I'd blame that on getting no sleep, long hours of toiling for the mod, and overall crankiness. Yea, it could be the crankiness.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org