TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

There is a possibility to restore it?!? Wow!! That's a very pleasant surprise to me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect you to, but that it's even being considering it is big news to me. Thank you!

After all, it's probably not a sequence many will care about, though I'd obviously like it bad. I thought the sisters got a raw deal - they may have been rather aloof and arrogant, but they were mislead rather than evil, so watching them all be killed off was a bit sad...

Razor pointed out to me which scene you were talking about and I checked it out; it looks restorable. We'll look closer at it at some point to see what can be done. :thumbsup:

I presume, of course, that there will still be the option to hear the four of them sound off like ... erm ... now what do they sound like .... :"> :D :wub: j/k

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

thanks for the modules. Keep up the good work.

by the way have there been many problems getting the cutscenes to run. I've had troble with them in the past in Never Winter Nights and this use a similar system if i'm not mistaken.

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

Is this the first time in gaming history that the fan community has resurrected a game?  Are the people doing this safe from lawyers as long as they don't sell the mod?

Master of Orion ]I[ has been modded by the community to be much better than it was upon release.

As for legal issues... Theoretically, they are using LA's own files in the game to restore content whilst adding their own (presumably), the downloads aren't for sale, they're not using the content to make or mod another game, so I don't see any copyright infringement.

IANAL, but I handle software permission contracts at my job, so some knowledge of copyright law is kinda required. :wub:

Nope, over at http://www.forgottenworld.com/ they have recreated the original NWN (first ever MMORPG) that was closed down many many years ago and added new areas and stuff to upgrade it :)

Gotta give all these folks real credit for their ability and dedication (any and all that undertake projects like this outta their love for the games)

thanks for the modules. Keep up the good work.

by the way have there been many problems getting the cutscenes to run. I've had troble with them in the past in Never Winter Nights and this use a similar system if i'm not mistaken.

We've not had any difficulties getting cutscenes to play :thumbsup:

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Master of Orion 3 has been modded by the community to be much better than it was upon release.

Problem with MOO3, the engine was so flawed, even modded it was just unenjoyable. What Aurora and team are attempting to do will do so much more for KOTOR2 than any MOO mod ever did for it's game.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nope, over at http://www.forgottenworld.com/ they have recreated the original NWN (first ever MMORPG) that was closed down many many years ago and added new areas and stuff to upgrade it :)

Gotta give all these folks real credit for their ability and dedication (any and all that undertake projects like this outta their love for the games)

I'm not sure which part of my post you are disagreeing with. MoO ]I[ may not have been the first project that the developers had abandoned that the modding community restored, but it's undeniable that the modded MoO ]I[ is better than the original.

If you are referring to the legal portion, most mods/sites that are shut down are because of a cease-and-desist letter that the community isn't likely to challenge in court because of money, etc. Should a community mount a legal effort, I think you'd be surprised at the outcome. :)

Problem with MOO3, the engine was so flawed, even modded it was just unenjoyable. What Aurora and team are attempting to do will do so much more for KOTOR2 than any MOO mod ever did for it's game.

I will agree that KotOR II is going to be modded much more than MoO ]I[ ever was. However, MoO ]I[ is so much better modded than unmodded that I won't even play the game unmodded. This is despite the fact that I got two copies of MoO ]I[ completely free because of the Amazon.com rebate being larger than the purchase price. :D

At this point there likely will not be an update this weekend. Most of what we've done (see: code) is pretty uninteresting to most :blink:. Rest assured, progress is being made :(

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

At this point there likely will not be an update this weekend.  Most of what we've done (see: code) is pretty uninteresting to most :shifty:.  Rest assured, progress is being made ;)

May the sun be above you, the wind at your back and your tables filled with all sorts of nice things to eat.

:blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No reason to bump the thread. Dashus, Aurora or anyone else involved with the restoration project will surely bump it when they have some more news.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Good stuff, can't wait for it.

Anyways, PC Gamer UK has oodles of pages dedicated to the modding community, and I'm sure they'd print and publicize something like this.

You can send a link to

mark.sutherns@futurenet.co.uk

when it's all good and ready, and give em the details.

I'd say the same about PC Gamer US, but they only have 1 measly page for mods and updates. Meh.

Still, that email is

extendedplay@pcgamer.com

Once again, this is just a heads-up, as both mags only (usually) respond to finished work.

We're not able to post even a rough estimate yet - which isn't to say that this is going to take years and years, just that we're not sure of how long it'll all take yet and don't want to make false claims.

Kickarse. I just wanted to let you know, I've been watching this for a bit now, and am waiting on purchasing the game until this is done. You've been at this for a shorter amount of time than the 'CHOSEN ONE MUST CHOOSE' mod group, and already have more actual work to show for it. :)"

My hat is off to you noble fan-modders.

Once again, this is just a heads-up, as both mags only (usually) respond to finished work.

Thanks for the PC Gamer contact info, paragongrid. We'll keep these options in mind when the project nears completion. :wacko:

As I've already shamelessly plugged in another thread, I've updated the Downloads page with more game fixes. And as Dashus pointed out to me a few moments ago, some of the new fixes have only been minimally tested, so consider them "beta" unless no one reports any issues with them in the next week or so:

http://magestrix.com/K2End/downloads.html

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

Restorers: Are you clearing up the

GOTO vs Remote scene on Malachor V, where GOTO wouldn't allow our floating friend to detonate the planet?

I hear HK-47 was to save the day there...

The outcome of that is directly related to the Droid Factory. We've added a modified VO to that scene and it still needs some work with the addition of a few new camera angles. It's 80% finished :)

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I can't download the Skippable Mebla Dialogue Fix.  I get a "Not Found" webpage.  The link for the Hidden Compartment Fix wouldn't work for me either, but I found that mod by searching the Technical Support forum.

Does anyone else have this problem?

My bad, referenced the wrong file extensions on the html page. Fixed now.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

My bad, referenced the wrong file extensions on the html page. Fixed now.

Thanks for the fast response, Razorfish. You and your team are the best.

While you're fixing things around the Downloads page, could you take a look at Aurora's Crazy Rebalance? Crazy Rebalance does not contain the featgain.2da file mentioned in the readme. Not a big deal (I made my own featgain.2da to Aurora's specifications), but just for cleanliness, you might want to take care of that.