TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

metadigital

Sillly rabbit, forums are for kids. And anyway, the rabbit isn't hiding in your last post, he's gone to Washington with Mr Smith, for a wonderful life.

Invisible rabbit was the guy who posted before me.

I REALLY don't know why my post took so much space ... it wasn't a silly joke like

"look - you see nothing because there is an invisible rabbit! HA HA"

We're working on it right now; we'll make a post here to notify everyone when it's up (assuming you're not all just hitting 'refresh' on our WIP page every 5 minutes already ;) )

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

We're working on it right now; we'll make a post here to notify everyone when it's up (assuming you're not all just hitting 'refresh' on our WIP page every 5 minutes already :- )

Oh good. You saved me alot of time by telling me that I don't have to refresh WIP page every 5 minutes. (I refresh every 2 minutes...)

We're working on it right now; we'll make a post here to notify everyone when it's up (assuming you're not all just hitting 'refresh' on our WIP page every 5 minutes already :- )

You are correct in assuming that I wasn't hitting refresh every 5 minutes, I have been refreshing every 1-3 minutes.... keep up the good work!

WIP#2 is now available. We did in fact meet our goal of a weekend update: it is currently 10:30PM Sunday in Pago Pago :devil:

We've also added a downloads section. Among other things it's got a couple patches/fixes for some quests as well as a rebalance from Aur.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I wonder what Obsidian thinks of this project. Have the developers actually commented here on it?

I don't know about the developers, but it is clear to me how organised the project is; the update is beautiful in its simplicity and efficacy.

Well done!

I had a small question: when you say that after the 60% of work completed so far on the second level (I assume droid planet) and the rest needs to be scripted, how will this be done? Obviously you can't add any dialogue, so I guess you are just adding some hostile NPCs to the map for the PC to kill. Is that correct? (I'm just curious.)

:devil:

(Geez, and here I was thinking you guys were working from Los Angeles ... if I had known you had all flown out to the island of Fagatogo in American Samoa then I would have volunteered, too.) :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wonder what Obsidian thinks of this project. Have the developers actually commented here on it?

While positive recognition (and more importantly, knowledge about the intended game plot) from Obsidian would be nice, we haven't heard from them, no.

I had a small question: when you say that after the 60% of work completed so far on the second level (I assume droid planet) and the rest needs to be scripted, how will this be done? Obviously you can't add any dialogue, so I guess you are just adding some hostile NPCs to the map for the PC to kill. Is that correct? (I'm just curious.)
Actually, the part you're referring to would be the HK Factory, which is not part of the droid planet. The bulk of the effort in completing that area is in scripting because that is both the greater part of how the game operates and the area in which the HK Factory is needing the most completion. In its default state, the area has conversations and combat, but is not complete in the sense that the player can accomplish anything which affects their game. Once we complete that area, its quest should fit into the game much like the

Tomb of Freedon Nadd quest on Dxun

. We are considering what NPCs need to be added, if any, to complete the area as we believe it was originally intended.

It's a bit late for me, so I might be rambling a bit, but I hope that does answer your questions. As far as being based in the islands goes, we're an international effort, but updating via a laptop on a warm beach sounds appealing. :cool:

i think that obsidian should inform the guys at the restoration project about how the scenario was supposed to be. Not help them in making it, just outline the scenario. I believe that there are parts of the storyline that are known only by the obsidian writers.

Don't expect anything from LA. They got the money and they don't give a f*** about anything.

i think that obsidian should inform the guys at the restoration project about how the scenario was supposed to be. Not help them in making it, just outline the scenario. I believe that there are parts of the storyline that are known only by the obsidian writers.

Don't expect anything from LA. They got the money and they don't give a f*** about anything.

Maybe one of the deciding factors for the rushed end was that Obsidian hadn't completed the writing ... so it wasn't submitted to LA, and conswquently they haven't worked out the "canon".

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

As Kiwe pointed out the module (299TEL-the HK Droid Factory) has most of the characters in place (and has a few triggers) but much of it is unscripted (that may be the word that's confusing everyone; unscripted = without nss scripts. It _is_ scripted in the dialogue sense).

(Geez, and here I was thinking you guys were working from Los Angeles ... if I had known you had all flown out to the island of Fagatogo in American Samoa then I would have volunteered, too.) :D

Well I hear it's pretty nice out there but 10:30PM Pago Pago local is 5:30AM EST. The next update will (hopefully) be less chaotic (see: on time; mostly because it will involve less of me being stupid but that's another story entirely :huh::p )

Just a quick question where did you find the modules for the hk factory?

We obtained our originals from here. I'm not sure if anyone else has them available in unmolested form.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Feel the love....we all love y'all for all the effort & dedication being put into this.

*dances with eagerness and poorly contained but excited impatience* :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

[snip my dumb stuff]

As Kiwe pointed out the module (299TEL-the HK Droid Factory) has most of the characters in place (and has a few triggers) but much of it is unscripted (that may be the word that's confusing everyone; unscripted = without nss scripts.  It _is_ scripted in the dialogue sense).

[snip poor attempt at humour]

Well I hear it's pretty nice out there but 10:30PM Pago Pago local is 5:30AM EST.  The next update will (hopefully) be less chaotic (see: on time; mostly because it will involve less of me being stupid but that's another story entirely :p  :lol: )

Just a quick question where did you find the modules for the hk factory?

We obtained the our originals from here but it appears not to not work for me; I'm not sure if anyone else has them available in unmolested form.

Yep, I thought there was some confusion over scripting and scripting. :geek::)

Well, to get to Pago Pago you'd have to travel for about a day and a half, and they were all almost completely wiped out about a year ago with a gigantic typhoon ... still, it would be a good place to get away from it all ... not sure they have much in the way of internation trunk lines, though: might have to rely on satellites. There is a beach in Dubai that is all top speed WiFi, but I don't think the budget would stretch to mentioning the name of it, so I won't endanger the project by doing so.

Linkie works for me.

:(:thumbsup: (w00t) :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT