TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

We debated doing another this week but determined that there wasn't any new eye candy; much of it was under the hood stuff. There'll probably be another eye candy update before the end of the month if we continue to move at our current rate.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

posted by Dashus

We debated doing another this week but determined that there wasn't any new eye candy; much of it was under the hood stuff. There'll probably be another eye candy update before the end of the month if we continue to move at our current rate.

Good news. The progress of the restoration mod is more exciting then the informations about the game development itself was. :D

We debated doing another this week but determined that there wasn't any new eye candy; much of it was under the hood stuff.  There'll probably be another eye candy update before the end of the month if we continue to move at our current rate.

As fast as you can do it is as fast as you can do it. Don't allow yourself to feel pressured. When it's done you will all be heros no matter how long it took. I for one, am very grateful for the effort.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

posted by Guard Dog

As fast as you can do it is as fast as you can do it. Don't allow yourself to feel pressured. When it's done you will all be heros no matter how long it took. I for one, am very grateful for the effort.

EXACTLY!!!!!

Heroes?! Hell, You'll be up to your necks in worshippers!

*we're not worthy* type kind of thingie  :D

Relatively speaking of course!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have one question. Is there going to be a lot of "advertisement" in this mod. The largest problem that I have with Mods is that the Moders like to plaster their names all over the game. I want this Mod to be as uninvasive as possible. If the Moders want to covertly sneak their names into street signs on Nar Shadda or something that is fine as long as it doesn't not detract from the authenticty of the game.

I have one question. Is there going to be a lot of "advertisement" in this mod. The largest problem that I have with Mods is that the Moders like to plaster their names all over the game. I want this Mod to be as uninvasive as possible. If the Moders want to covertly sneak their names into street signs on Nar Shadda or something that is fine as long as it doesn't not detract from the authenticty of the game.

Um, "beggars can't be choosers"?

Heck, if its appropriate (e.g. funny) I have no qualms. (A bit of humour might just be the tonic.)

Whatever, I am happy to give these brave souls as much creative room as they want. Sure beats reading/wading through the script files and imagining how the game would look, had it been completed.

:cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If you downloaded the mod you probably already know who we are. There's really no need for an in-game reminder...

There may be an egg or two (we haven't even given it a thought yet) but it would be very hard to find if we did.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

posted by Dashus

If you downloaded the mod you probably already know who we are. There's really no need for an in-game reminder...

There may be an egg or two (we haven't even given it a thought yet) but it would be very hard to find if we did.

It's fine as long as Lord Nihilus will not be renamed to Lord Dashus :ermm:

Filesize for the mod is around 5MB

Info from Official Forums

That is the current size based on just quickly throwing every file that currently exists that would likely be included in the final mod into a folder and looking at folder size :ermm: . As with everything else it's subject to change.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

A somewhat silly question: What happens when Obsidian's patch is released? Do have to re-do the whole thing again?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

A somewhat silly question: What happens when Obsidian's patch is released? Do have to re-do the whole thing again?

Because the mod is still indevelopment we can hopefully just test with and without the patch to see if anything breaks; we don't anticipate huge effects as the patch is rumored to mostly fix bugs, which isn't the main goal of our mod.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

(Dashus @ April 13 2005, 09:55 AM)

:(

Are you adding any new models, ie Dark Side/ Injured Atton (aftter the cut torture scene?)

Yes, there will be an injured Atton (nicknamed "mutilated Atton"), as well as his arm... :("

Other than that, there may (or may not...undecided atm) be supplemental placeables for a specific scene we're working on. We're not going to focus much on adding new models, aside from what is necessary. I've been told that most custom models are not compatible with the XBox version of the game, so we may also have to resolve that issue down the road.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

Guest Dowie100
Are you adding any new models, ie Dark Side/ Injured Atton (aftter the cut torture scene?)

Yes, there will be an injured Atton (nicknamed "mutilated Atton"), as well as his arm... :geek:"

Other than that, there may (or may not...undecided atm) be supplemental placeables for a specific scene we're working on. We're not going to focus much on adding new models, aside from what is necessary. I've been told that most custom models are not compatible with the XBox version of the game, so we may also have to resolve that issue down the road.

So does that mean your mod is being ported to xbox as well

Kl, Im glad you are adding at least one new model into the game :D

We're not committed to making TSLRP compatible with the XBox version (especially since we still don't have any XBox testers), but a couple of people have volunteered their XBox expertise, so it may be a possibility further down the road...

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

We're not committed to making TSLRP compatible with the XBox version (especially since we still don't have any XBox testers), but a couple of people have volunteered their XBox expertise, so it may be a possibility further down the road...

Kotor /TSL mods normally work fine on the xbox except when they contain new models, which are not compatible (and from what I can see, you are creating/altering some models)

[snipity snip]

Kotor /TSL mods work fine on the xbox except when they contain new models, which are not compatible (and from what I can see, you are creating/altering some models)

Just curious, how does that work -- using Xbox live to update it? :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT