TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

HK Factory

Will it be required to play the HK Factory Quest to finish the game?

Or is it something like a bonus quest?

I would prefer the first opinion in relation with the storyline (G0T0 and remote at Malachor V)

Since it is possible to have never reactivated HK-47, or have him activated too late in the game to trigger the events leading to the HK Factory reveal, it is an optional sidequest, somewhat like the original KotOR npc sidequests. You can also decide to ignore the sidequest upon getting the journal entry, if you want; Even not doing the sidequest will have an impact.

Ravager

Will the Banter "Visas talks to Mandalore" be restored?

It's possible... We discussed it before, but we have not solidified our plans with respect to Mandalore yet.

Malachor V

Will there be any conclusion of what happened to Bao Dur?

Well...he won't be playing a much bigger role, but we have a couple of notes pertaining to Bao-Dur for Malachor in the current draft of the project plan.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

Thanx for the quick answer Razorfish!!

You can also decide to ignore the sidequest upon getting the journal entry, if you want; Even not doing the sidequest will have an impact.

Thats a good decision. IMO the best way to do it.

It's possible... We discussed it before, but we have not solidified our plans with respect to Mandalore yet.

The Banter isn't that much important anyway. I am sure there is already enough work to do. :)

Well...he won't be playing a much bigger role, but we have a couple of notes pertaining to Bao-Dur for Malachor in the current draft of the project plan.

I am sure it will be fantastic ... with or without Bao Dur.

At least you are trying to do something about the cut content.

That's everything that counts to me!!!

it may be an idea to wait for the patch first before trying to restore the lost content

I think that most of our work at this point would not be affected by the patch (or so I hope) because it is unlikely that the patch will alter any cut content. However, we have put certain things that are at least rumored to be "righted" by the patch - such as quest/dialogue/scripting-related fixes and music restoration - on the backburner until we see what the patch changes.

I can only hope that a developer at Obsidian will take the time to accidentily send you all some extra stuff to work at.

:lol: ...actually, that'd be nice...but...just wishful thinking...

have you tried to implement all cut material into one savegame, or have you just tried with one content at a time?

If that's an "are you done yet?" question, then the answer is no :) Where are we at right now? Well, there are several project leads, each handling a different aspect of the restoration project, so development and testing progresses asynchronously. When most of us have something majorly new to report, you'll see another WIP (possibly semi-soonish, but give us a bit of time).

The Obsidian Ass Prod has already stated that Lucas Arts denied permission to add content to the patch (no budget = no work). The patch is just going to fix the technical issues. (I wonder if it will fix the skewed dialogue / subtitles of the HK-50s after the Telos base when they decide to follow the shuttle to shoot it down? :ermm: )

Also, let me take the opportunity to add my support to you brave and generous souls who have taken on this task -- even if it goes nowhere, I applaud your community spirit. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why shouldn't it go anywhere?

It should be completed!

I was trying to give an unconditional statement of support, and not be another bleating crowd-member making demands for the mod, nor a doomsayer predicting its demise! :) Guess I didn't make that clear enough ... :ermm::lol: (w00t)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The Obsidian Ass Prod has already stated that Lucas Arts denied permission to add content to the patch (no budget = no work). The patch is just going to fix the technical issues. (I wonder if it will fix the skewed dialogue / subtitles of the HK-50s after the Telos base when they decide to follow the shuttle to shoot it down?  :ermm: )

I missed something. When Obsidian confirmed that LA denied them returning the cut content?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The Obsidian Ass Prod has already stated that Lucas Arts denied permission to add content to the patch (no budget = no work). The patch is just going to fix the technical issues. (I wonder if it will fix the skewed dialogue / subtitles of the HK-50s after the Telos base when they decide to follow the shuttle to shoot it down?  :ermm: )

I missed something. When Obsidian confirmed that LA denied them returning the cut content?

Here's John Morgan's response about the content patch from April 6.

Rejected and subject was closed.

On topic I'm really looking forward to this restoration project.

Not sure if I read you correctly, but if so: the patch will only fix technical issues and not address any omitted content. For details, see the Ass Prod response I went and found for you. :(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Big Thanx! :ermm:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

posted by metadigital

The Obsidian Ass Prod has already stated that Lucas Arts denied permission to add content to the patch (no budget = no work). The patch is just going to fix the technical issues.

[sarcasm]

No budget = no work ?!

OMG, looks like the Restoration Team is sponsored by LA ... thats why LA denied Obsidian the permission to add any content! (w00t)

[/sarcasm]

posted by Ki Rin

Statement: Aurora i do hope you wont add the cut parts where the party members are all killed off in turn by the old meatbag. although seeing goto die would be pleasureable.

Querry: Do you plan on adding that?

Answer : As far as i know they are planning to add some different endings including deathscenes of partymembers. Restoring Content with the G0T0 cutscenes was mentioned too if i remember correctly.

posted by Ki Rin

Statement: Aurora i do hope you wont add the cut parts where the party members are all killed off in turn by the old meatbag. although seeing goto die would be pleasureable.

Querry: Do you plan on adding that?

Answer : As far as i know they are planning to add some different endings including deathscenes of partymembers. Restoring Content with the G0T0 cutscenes was mentioned too if i remember correctly.

Querry: will some of the features being added be optional? rather than just adding all?

Irritated statement: i must say i have grown attached to some of the meatbags.

Querry: will some of the features being added be optional? rather than just adding all?

If you mean "Do I have to do all of the features you're adding?" then no; the HK factory jaunt is a sidequest (although you miss a couple very cool things including an ending).

The way the endings are being restored (and without giving too much away) you will have choices to make that will decide the fates of those around you.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

posted by Dashus

If you mean "Do I have to do all of the features you're adding?" then no; the HK factory jaunt is a sidequest (although you miss a couple very cool things including an ending).

The way the endings are being restored (and without giving too much away) you will have choices to make that will decide the fates of those around you.

At least the slogan of the game gets true ....

This time your choices affect everyone around you

:lol:

I understand that are trying to make this as "canonical" as possible?

I guess it could be considered that way, since we're not changing the ultimate outcome, just the immediate ending and varying the paths to it a bit, but we're not trying to be as canonical. Our only advertised goal is just to restore some cut content in a coherent manner, taking cues from the context of the game, file placement, gameplay programmer notes and the like...

If you meant "Will it be possible to choose which restored events to install?", the answer is no (with a few exceptions). Many of the restorations are interconnected (especially in Malachor), so you wouldn't be able to omit one without omitting all others that depend on it.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org