TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

Hey Aurora,

it's a nice idea to reactivate the unused Nihilus confrontation chat cranches but ...

maybe, just maybe it would be also a good idea to make the fight against him more challenging ... if its possible?! 

A much more harder fight would give the "sacrifice visas" option more sense imho

because there is no need to sacrifice her in a fight which is that easy!

errrr.... please excuse my poor english  :">

Please don't make him more challenging. It's bad enough people can't read now they want to change the way the game is. I don't mind incomplete parts being added back but don't mess with the core game.

There's a reason Nihilus was easy. If you bothered to read the in-game dialogue you would understand.

Hey Aurora,

it's a nice idea to reactivate the unused Nihilus confrontation chat cranches but ...

maybe, just maybe it would be also a good idea to make the fight against him more challenging ... if its possible?! 

A much more harder fight would give the "sacrifice visas" option more sense imho

errrr.... please excuse my poor english  :">

Please don't make him more challenging. It's bad enough people can't read now they want to change the way the game is. I don't mind incomplete parts being added back but don't mess with the core game.

There's a reason Nihilus was easy. If you bothered to read the in-game dialogue you would understand.

We're also going to ask that flaming of other members be kept out of the topic as well please.

I imagine one reason the GoTo/Remote/HK47 part of the ending was cut was that it's possible to finish the game having never reassembled HK47, so he could hardly just appear in the ending scenes.

Originally, I assume reassembling him must have been compulsory to get to Malachor, probably you needed him to get to the droid planet, or had to do the HK factory to complete the game.

What are the plans in this regard - it's easy to miss part of HK, and thus you could lock yourself into a dead end quite early on, and not know it. Will you mod in additional places to get the parts?

bg.

*SPOILERS*

The ending scene I originally got for G0T0 and Remote was simply "Let us wait here..." and then end. I imagine this was for the players who chose not to revive 47. We're assuming it is not compulsory to revive him to get to Malachor nor is it required to complete the factory to complete the game; there are some serious perks of going there however ;). We've just started in on reviving the factory and there appear to be many possible paths to take out of it which have some influence on how that end sequence with G0T0 and Remote plays out.

There's also no need to revive him to get to the droid planet as far as we can see (though, again, we're not working on that, at least not yet).

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

just because he was weakened for trying to drain you doesn't mean he can't pose a threat, he's a Sith Lord .. even if he can't use his tremendous powers he should still be able to challenge you with a lightsaber!

Fortune favors the bald.

just because he was weakened for trying to drain you doesn't mean he can't pose a threat, he's a Sith Lord .. even if he can't use his tremendous powers he should still be able to challenge you with a lightsaber!

And I'm still not convinced that he was weakened in any way. He just tried to drain you dry... and failed because there was nothing to drain. Nothing more. That gave the PC a chance to fight him, but it doesn't mean that Nihilus should be absolutely incompetent with a lightsaber or the only Sith Lord that can't spam Force Lightning.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And I'm still not convinced that he was weakened in any way. He just tried to drain you dry... and failed because there was nothing to drain. Nothing more. That gave the PC a chance to fight him, but it doesn't mean that Nihilus should be absolutely incompetent with a lightsaber or the only Sith Lord that can't spam Force Lightning.

imo he was weakened as he wasted energy trying to drain you and got nothing for it, its even said several times that he is slowly consuming himself, so the longer he goes without absorbing something with the force the weaker he is, so even if he wasn't weakened from the backlash of trying to absorb you, he was weakened probably from not consuming anything for a while anyway, so you didn't fight him in "top form" so to speak

he seemed to me to be pretty good at lightsaber combat though , he was backflipping all over the place for me haha

that said it didn't help him when he was dropped in two hits

(Illbleed @ Apr 6 2005, 09:06 PM)

Hey Aurora,

errrr.... please excuse my poor english 

(actmodern @ Apr 7 2005, 08:20 AM)

Thats a good point .... you might be right. Looks like its part of the story.

By the way .... i read the in-game dialogue but i still think the fight is too easy because even General Tobin was more challenging.

But every player has his own opinion about it.

Right? :D

Guest Dowie100
did anybody actually use GO-TO?

i just saw how unbelievably rubbish he looked and kept him on the hawk for the rest of the game, plus he annoyed me greatly with motives being full of contradictions and annoying voice

God I hated Goto even more than Mission, I NEVER used him at all, I would have liked to kick him out of the Ebon Hawk, when in hyperspace

Precisely.

Also, while Nihilus would be unable to drain the Exile, nothing prevents him from draining Visas or Mandalore... or even his own crew.

I'd like to see the cutscene and then immediately upon ending him let him use the Master Drain Force power on pretty much everyone but the Exile to replenish the power he lost by trying to drain the Exile. And then you begin the combat round!

Come to think of it, Visas and Mandalore should be notably weaker in those fights anyway, as they have long been drained by the Exile without knowing, particularly Visas...

Anyway, I was also wondering if the restored content will affect how things turn out with Atris. We know that there are some sound-bits for her replacing Kreia during the final game, but it may not be possible to restore her as the potential Darth Traya if there are too few. I think the idea of letting her take that position dropped during production rather than cut along with other content toward the end. The restoration team might know this better than me... (An evil Atris could be cool, though...)

However, there was also an idea to let Atris become a group member toward the end of the game IIRC, which seems more likely to restore for me. I'd like that option, though it might be rather redundant. I mean, Visas and Mandalore will still be forced companions on the Ravager, and no companions are allowed on Malachor 5, which means you'd get to use Atris only during the attack on Citadel Station... But I'd actually prefer that option to just letting her sit on Telos with a thumb up her nose while the planet is under attack. That just seems so... silly.

Another thing I've noticed in the sound files for the return to Telos and the confrontation with Atris are some comments by the Handmaiden about how it is possible to defeat an opponent without killing him or her. I assume this was to be an option for fighting the handmaiden sisters without killing them that was never implemented. Given that you never fight the sisters in the game, we can't know whether these were comments the Handmaiden made to the Exile or thought to herself, but I tend to presume the latter given that she is referred to as a "slayer of her own kin" in some of the similarly cut sound files when the companions confront Darth Traya.

Has the restoration team made any decisions on these issues?

Changing Nihilus' level or stats seems quite simply to be outside the intended scope of this mod. This isn't the "make the game better in every single way just for the hell of it" mod, it's a content restoration mod.

The question for me isn't whether it's a good idea to modify Nihilus' stats. The question is whether modifying Nihilus' stats contributes to the fulfilment of this project's objective of restoring content. And the apparent answer is that it does not.

There are a hundred mods out there for a hundred different things, and there will be hundreds more by the time this is released. This project doesn't need to do everything all at once in a single mod. There will be others who do the little tweaks you want. It just makes sense to leave changes which are outside the project's intended purpose outside it. They can exist for their own sake, and that's all well and good. But there's no reason to try to turn a mod focused on a very extremely involved but specific purpose into a mod which is not only very extremely involved and elaborate, but totally non-specific in intent.

This isn't the "make the game better in every single way just for the hell of it" mod, it's a content restoration mod.

You are absolutely correct. I have some modding experience and I can tell you for a fact, the quickest way to make a project fail is to go beyond the scope of your project or work towards a poorly defined objective.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

(Yst @ Apr 8 2005, 12:54 PM)

This isn't the "make the game better in every single way just for the hell of it" mod, it's a content restoration mod.

Okay okay, like i already said : Maybe it was not a good thought to power up Nihilus - it was just a idea. :p

And it was not a good idea to start up a "I want this and i want that" discussion too

sorry about it ...

Its really out of focus so lets stop talking about it. Okay? <_<

Aurora: How's the status of patch? have you tried to implement all cut material into one savegame, or have you just tried with one content at a time?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just wanted to say thanks for the tremendous effort you guys are undertaking in doing this and I really hope you guys finish it. While I'll still like K1 better, this will help me like K2 a lot more than I do now. Too bad the male ls ending still kinda sucks though, oh well.

it may be an idea to wait for the patch first before trying to restore the lost content

I think that most of our work at this point would not be affected by the patch (or so I hope) because it is unlikely that the patch will alter any cut content. However, we have put certain things that are at least rumored to be "righted" by the patch - such as quest/dialogue/scripting-related fixes and music restoration - on the backburner until we see what the patch changes.

I can only hope that a developer at Obsidian will take the time to accidentily send you all some extra stuff to work at.

:( ...actually, that'd be nice...but...just wishful thinking...

have you tried to implement all cut material into one savegame, or have you just tried with one content at a time?

If that's an "are you done yet?" question, then the answer is no :lol: Where are we at right now? Well, there are several project leads, each handling a different aspect of the restoration project, so development and testing progresses asynchronously. When most of us have something majorly new to report, you'll see another WIP (possibly semi-soonish, but give us a bit of time).

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

A couple of questions ....

HK Factory

Will it be required to play the HK Factory Quest to finish the game?

Or is it something like a bonus quest?

I would prefer the first opinion in relation with the storyline (G0T0 and remote at Malachor V)

Ravager

Will the Banter "Visas talks to Mandalore" be restored?

Malachor V

Will there be any conclusion of what happened to Bao Dur?

THX for restoring all the stuff!!! :-:thumbsup::thumbsup: