TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

Statement: Wait until Game magazines and news sites get a hold of this

Game being finished by Fans, Developers in Disgrace

Subtitle: Is this the end of developers actually finishing games themselves

That is if:

A. The people manage to create a successful mod/patch.

B. Anyone outside forums actually gives a crap.

Please note i am not dissing the guys trying to reconstruct the ending - i hope they succeed and do a good job of it. It is just i don't have any indication of their skill and dont believe in faith. So i shall adopt a wait and see policy

great stuff that theyre workin on, but im still doin my petition at LA, basically im goin in, startin threads and flamin LA startin today. ****IN BASTARDS

I must admit, the moment Aurora team made this announcement, all the bitterness about this expensive and inferior product LA foisted on us just melted away. The one thing I learned with NWN was there was very little a Dev can do that talented modders cannot.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd prefer it if we kept LA and Obsidian bashing out of this thread, please.

Good call. There's more than enough spittle-flinging LA-bashing on the LA boards themselves to sate even the sternest of critics. Any time I get too uptight about the way KotOR II turned out, I take a look over there, and all of a sudden, fans here seem so sane and supportive again, and furthermore, justifiably so.

I'd prefer it if we kept LA and Obsidian bashing out of this thread, please.

Fair enough. There is little that has not been said anyway. A huge THANK YOU to you and your team Aurora. I wish I could offer my help but I'm tied up on an NWN project at the moment.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey Aurora,

it's a nice idea to reactivate the unused Nihilus confrontation chat cranches but ...

maybe, just maybe it would be also a good idea to make the fight against him more challenging ... if its possible?!

A much more harder fight would give the "sacrifice visas" option more sense imho

because there is no need to sacrifice her in a fight which is that easy!

errrr.... please excuse my poor english :">

Hey all, just a heads up - the TSLRP website now has a FAQ page, in case newcomers don't want to read through 10 pages of posts to find answers.

Nice work, but what about located language version ?

After discussing the possibility of language translations with some of the other team members, I can say that we would like to have some translators help us with converting the altered text for the HK Factory first, as that is going to be released before the rest of the project.

This trial run would also give us the opportunity to figure out how to coordinate translation efforts for the rest of the project when it is closer to completion. So, if you know how to use tk102's DLGEditor (or can learn how to quickly) and are willing to help translate for a different language version of the game, send me a PM or email.

A much more harder fight would give the "sacrifice visas" option more sense imho

We are considering ways to differentiate the various options available to the player at the various stages of the confrontation. I'm not exactly sure what Kiwegapa (the guy who is coordinating the Nihilus confrontation changes) has in mind for the boss fight itself, but the options you pick may change the dynamics of the battle a bit (...or not).

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

The core story will be the same, yeah. The ending section will be pretty different.

SPOILERS:

Given that this is all unofficial, it's highly doubtful that it'll have any sort of effect on K3. In fact, I believe that in the long run (as in, after the game is complete) the extra endings ultimately be the same as the regular endings. Yes, your character may choose the path that leads to him or her happily walking off with Atton - but as far as the future/K3 is concerned, and as far as I can imagine, s/he's not going to stick with Atton & the others. They really will have to go at it alone, or something horrible will happen to their companions on the Outer Rim: whatever justification was given for abandoning your companions in regular-K2 will happen.

But as far as the mod goes, you may get a bittersweet or even happy ending at the time, and at least you'll have the chance to *try* to change your destiny.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

But as far as the mod goes, you may get a bittersweet or even happy ending at the time, and at least you'll have the chance to *try* to change your destiny.

Whatever comes in KOTOR 3, that much is worth a lot to me. :-

Oh, damn, that rhymed... I'm sorry, I'm a bad poet. But this is a major joy of a news bulletin to me. I will definitely be interested in seeing the restored content, and having that window of happiness and increased insight into Atton's character. ;)

As i do not have the PC version, i have to ask...

Is the xbox's file archetecture much differnt to the PC's?

if it isn't it wouldn;t be hard to just use this mode for the xbox, if you eiterh put it on you hdd or burn an edited copy of it.

Just a thought

edit: or we could recruit someone who know how to build trainers.........

Its such a pitty that we didn't get to see Atton and diciple fight it out if you were female exile and if you were male Visas Marr and Handmaiden fight.it would've been very cool. but unfortunly thats doesn't happen in the real version but hopefully that will change soon.

I imagine one reason the GoTo/Remote/HK47 part of the ending was cut was that it's possible to finish the game having never reassembled HK47, so he could hardly just appear in the ending scenes.

Originally, I assume reassembling him must have been compulsory to get to Malachor, probably you needed him to get to the droid planet, or had to do the HK factory to complete the game.

What are the plans in this regard - it's easy to miss part of HK, and thus you could lock yourself into a dead end quite early on, and not know it. Will you mod in additional places to get the parts?

bg.

Just wanted to say after sitting around and just reading that Aurora, you and your team are godsends. After reading John Morgan's comments that a content patch was discussed and rejected , I can only hope that a developer at Obsidian will take the time to accidentily send you all some extra stuff to work at.

This was a really good game and with your alls help it will be an awesome game. The one it deserved to be.

Thanks a ton!!!!