TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

The kind words are very much appreciated. Thank you. We will try to post regular updates as we make progress, and our best efforts will go toward restoring everything we can.

Yes, I'm afraid we'll only be releasing the mod for PC. Someone with a modded XBox may be able to take advantage of our mod, but that is an issue we won't be dealing with.

This looks incredibly promising. Everyone connected to this project should get free cookies.

Or a free version of the patch.

Yes I thought $7 for the patch was a bit cheeky. :ermm:

:-"

:ph34r:

Huh? I thought patches were distributed for free through the updating option from the game menu, just like Neverwinter Nights

About that language/translation thing .... i would be glad to help you guys out with a german translation .... most of the cutted soundsamples are translated (what a waste of money) but the subtitles have to be translated. *translated translated translated lol*

Interested? :ermm:

We're not able to post even a rough estimate yet - which isn't to say that this is going to take years and years, just that we're not sure of how long it'll all take yet and don't want to make false claims.

Tell them "soon", Aurora.

At least we can believe what this team of people will say....unlike corporate spin.

We all hope it doesn't take years and years but one lesson I learnt from K1/K2 is that it is better late than never (well, K2 wasn't never but you get the idea).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I am shore you are doing a marvllous job Aurora! keep up the brilliant work Aurora and restore Kotor II how it should be :) :)

I say everyone support Aurora and her marvllous work! spread the word! and restore Kotor II how it should be!! :thumbsup:

I will be a supporter for Aurora's restoration project! :thumbsup:

You guys are truly awesome.

I propose the members here setup a support fund for these people. Donation like!

I would be happy to donate. Do you think you guys could set up a "Support Us" webpage of sorts on your site?

I'm an Xboxer, and probably won't get to enjoy your work, but I don't care. I thought the game was amazing but was heartbroken when I saw how it had been brutalized, and therefore would like to contribute to your effort. Someday I might buy the PC version too :)

Angshuman

You guys are truly awesome.

I propose the members here setup a support fund for these people. Donation like!

I would be happy to donate. Do you think you guys could set up a "Support Us" webpage of sorts on your site?

Thank you very very much for the offer..we're all a little overwhelmed at the support. But really we don't have any major expenses to support. If we do have any needs that come up, we'll let everyone know, but finances aren't an issue.

Awesome!! (w00t)

This is the only word that comes to my mind.

When I completed this game I couldn't help feeling that another oportunity for greatness had been wasted. 2/3 of the game lead to an ambitiuos and epic final 1/3 that simple wasn't there.

I won't buy any explanation for continuinity sake (K3) or last minute plot direction changes, the game came out incomplete. There is no other posibility to me.

Since LA and Obsidian have their hands tie (I won't bother to speculate which one is to blame, or more to blame for this situation) I was up to someone else to try to make things right.

Lucky for all of us KOTOR fans, you guys took the job.

All I can say is a big THANK YOU and that I'm counting the days to play K2 as it was ment to be.

Take your time and give us hell (no killing in heaven sucks)!!! :)

Think he really would? I'm pretty sure Disney would, but I dunno about George. As long as no profit is being made off it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

its a shame that its upto the comunity to right LA's wrongs. i hope it sends a message. but i fear Georgy boy will shut down this project before it ever gets completed.

They can, if they want to. TSL is the intellectual property of Lucasarts, and no one is allowed to change it but themselves.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

LucasArts shutting it down probably ain't all that unlikely. They are VERY copyright obsessive, and generally oppose modding of their games.

But of course, why should the customers get added value out of their games? They already paid for them, they should just move on to (and pay for) the next game instead of trying to put replay value into an old (and therefore no longer interesting for LA) title... :sorcerer:"

There are dozens of mods for Kotor 1, and pages where you can download them. I haven't heard of any attempts by LucasArts to shut them down, although someone who was in contact with the modders could tell you more. Past evidence suggests that this mod project is safe.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I haven't heard of any attempts by LucasArts to shut them down, although someone who was in contact with the modders could tell you more.  Past evidence suggests that this mod project is safe.

lets hope so. im just afraid because it must be terribly embarassing for lucas arts to have their game completed by the mod community. this will make its way into gaming sites, and eventually magazines.

Then again Lucasarts might look at it another way. If the mod is that good, it might convince more people to buy the game that are currently on the fence about buying it, thus increasing Lucasarts' sales without them actually having to do any of the work or cost.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well. Maybe they are only obsessive about mods that port stuff from one game to another. But THAT, they are VERY obsessive about...

Also note that there exist no official modding tools for the KotOR games - and that in spite of Bioware having a reputation of being extremely mod friendly, even releasing modding tools before the game itself in some instances... makes you wonder.