TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

We'd like to announce that the TSL Restoration Project now has a shiny new website!

If you're not familiar with the project, we've been working on restoring the cut content for about a month now. Among other things, we're extending the ending, restoring the droid factory, and tweaking and restoring other fun dialogues and cutscenes.

Why? Because we enjoyed the game greatly and we'd like to see it in a more complete state. We think that it would benefit greatly from the return of many of the removed scenes and areas.

This is not an officially-sponsored project. We currently know of no other efforts to restore this missing content. The vast majority of the material we will be using will be just as it was intended to be as far as we can tell from developer notes. However, some sections have been tweaked and edited in order to form a more cohesive storyline.

Behold our shiny new forums!

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

OMG hope this is not some kind of a bad joke :)

I made an acc at this forums just to tell you guys : THANXXXX!!!!! :D

The stuff looks great and i cant wait to play the result!!

But its sad that the consumers have to finish the game they bought....

Keep on the good work!!!

This looks absolutely awesome. I can't wait to see this when it's finished. o:) LA will be put to shame >_<

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Kickarse, Aurora.  If LA won't let Obsidian do then by the gods someone needs to and you guys fit the bill.  Kudos to you!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

An eager thumbs up for this! :)

I've been away from the boards awhile, deep in meditation, to avoid succumbing to the dark side of depression and nurse my hope that something would be done. >_<

I eagerly anticipate this fan mod with baited breath!

Hi. I'm new here. Well, not new really--been lurking for quite a while...

Anyway, this project sounds really good. I've already beaten KoTOR II once, and from looking through the guide, it's obvious there's a lot that was cut and/or left out. Come to think of it, I wonder if the two guys who wrote the guide actually played the game, since the version they wrote about was the way it was supposed to be before the cuts.

Btw, Jellybelly asked a good question: Will we need to start a new game for these fixes to work correctly?

I will definitely start a new game when the mod is available, even if its not a requirement. I only have beaten the game for 1 time so far cause of the annoying ending. But it seems the mod will give some more sense to the choices the player makes in the game (different endings ect.)

I can't wait to reinstall the game - the "COMPLETED" game

;)

Most of the fixes will be transparent..they'll take immediate effect as soon as you start the game. However, if you've already played past that point in the game, you may miss something we've added. So an early save or new game is recommended to get the full effect. I'll be able to be more precise once we can list all the areas in the game we've worked on.

Oh, just in general, I'd like to mention that it's fine to mention the site and project elsewhere: but pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase do not link to it from any high-traffic sites. Our bandwidth is not quite yet prepared for slashdotting.

edit: And ideally, we'd have the project out after the patch so that we don't have any conflicts between the mod and the patch.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Oh, just in general, I'd like to mention that it's fine to mention the site and project elsewhere: but pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase do not link to it from any high-traffic sites. Our bandwidth is not quite yet prepared for slashdotting.

edit: And ideally, we'd have the project out after the patch so that we don't have any conflicts between the mod and the patch.

So, in that case, we'll never get it, right? Also, hate to ask another question about the content but is the Challenging Darth Traya going to be part of it?

Looks great (w00t)

What are your release plans (not release dates) ?

Are you going to release it in parts as each self contained part of the project finishes, or are you going to release it as one big mod once you feel there is nothing more to be accomplished with it ?

(sort of hoping for releasing individual parts as they are finished :"> )

:thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein