KOTOR 1 & 2 Villains

Which of these Villains had the best/least stereotyped story?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Villains had the best/least stereotyped story?

• 1) Darth Malak
    • 2) Davik
    • 3) General Vaklu
    • 4) Chuundar
    • 5) Admiral Saul Karath
    • 6) Carlo Nord
    • 7) Darth Nihilus
    • 8) Darth Sion
    • 9) Darth Traya

Hopefully this hasn't been done before. Which Character, in your opinion (State reasons), was the one who showed the most creativity in both personality and background and was the most believable?

Not really looking for arguments, or those fools who hate polls so much they feel like they have to post hate mail on every one they see. <_<

If someone you were expecting isn't up there, its probably because I felt putting them up there would be considered a spoiler...my choice, for example, is missing from the list!

Although I felt Chuundar's story was very good.

Excluding Revan then, I thought Nihilus was the most interesting concept among them for a villain. Traya was the most fully developed. And I thought Sion, believe it or not, was the most satisfying and intriguing, in the end. Particularly due to

the ending, in which you convince him through dialogue, to release himself. A graceful ending to the life of a monster

. I found it to be, for me, probably the most meaningful and clean resolution of a character's role within the plot.

Excluding Revan then, I thought Nihilus was the most interesting concept among them for a villain.  Traya was the most fully developed.  And I thought Sion, believe it or not, was the most satisfying and intriguing, in the end.  Particularly due to

the ending, in which you convince him through dialogue, to release himself.  A graceful ending to the life of a monster

.  I found it to be, for me, probably the most meaningful and clean resolution of a character's role within the plot.

I decided not to include Revan or the exile. I understand why you would say Sion.

The two I left out were Bastila and Kreia. This way, the moderators can decide to "

it

" without having to move the whole thread.

I think Bastila, especially if Revan is male and woos her.

Malak since KoTOR'2 had no good villians, IMO -- all under-developed. Calo Nord has a nice story to it, and Chundar/Zaalbar as well has a good villianous sort of way to it. KoTOR covers its bases really -- wussy tyrant (Chundar), cold bounty hunter who was mistreated as a child (Calo Nord), and a static villian who's a real bitch to kill with a Consular on Difficulty Mode and playing Light Side (Malak).

Hell every planet had its villian save Dantooine that was at least intriguing and had depth to it -- The whole Khoonda affair is just 'be here for no real purpose' and you can really tell with the recruiting of people for the militia; there's no drive to it save the blackmailing of the merchant Ausure (I believe -- sp?). Nar Shadaa was good and the Exchange and its missions were probably the only relief in the game.

Korriban was... pathetic. Oh yay, I fight Sion -- doesn't make it a good meeting nor really an intriguing one since I'm supposed to run from someone who I defeated with a LS Consular on Difficulty with one fell swoop of my lightsaber. Dxun and Onderon came in second but left more to be desired on each one -- I wasn't involved, really because it didn't draw me in even when I put the effort to dig through the weak dialogue trees constructed around its mission. It felt so A to B to C to D that it's like HK said -- making me want to put a blaster to my head. At least the original masked that with intriguing dialogue and interesting side-quests.

Telos was okay -- not really. Both Peragus and Telos were so damn boring it was hilarious at times. No real villiany to the planet. I say Nar Shadaa and Dxun were the best. Vaklu was stupid -- he was here and gone and I certainly didn't care for him since I was not in the least drawn in with him.

The original had its cliches - romanitcally and villian wise but I could bare it because it was well-done nonetheless. KoTOR'2 tries to be different and it is different -- the kind of different that should be looked on as a miserable failure at what it attempt to do. I don't want to mod for the extra dialogue bits and I don't want to waste time finding out what did happen since I will always refer to The Sith Lords as an expansion to the original while I make up what really happens in KoTOR'2.

Traya was the most unique and interesting character, but there's no doubt in my mind that Malak was the best villain. You really can't be a proper villain without an evil laugh, and Malak had one of the best.

Having Traya as a Star Wars villain is kinda like having a Bond villain that just shoots James Bond as soon as he captures him, IMO. Sure, it's realistic and plausible, but it's not as fun without the cheesy stuff. :p

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I didn't like Kreia as the all intelligent char mostly because it was sooo forced that she must be all smart and stuff.

She said alot of stupid things after which I can't talk back on her and prove she just denied her own words (Like with Nihilus and his power of great magnitude and then denying it "Power? Do you think so? You would be wrong"

Oh and "apathy is death" -> that's from the ever-always-neutral alignement character :lol: but that's on a sidenote cuz she's not really neutral - she just uses the Force Cloak (prerequisities - Kreia or Emperor Palpatine).

Kreia zaps me as a DS player on Dantooine when on Malachor where she's supposed to be stronger I can kick her ass in a couple of seconds.

At least the whole idea of fighting Malak was nice - he was really weaker than Revan and the thing that why he was more powerful in the end was all explained.

Sion - oh yeah - it's the guy whom I can't beat while Korriban runs thru him but when Malachor runs thru him I can beat him easily because he suddenly wasnts to serve Kreia but she chose me for destroying the force (what a dissapointment for Sion - guess he wanted to be in that role eh?) <- either that or I didn't get the story right.

Nihilus was kewl in my opinion but if there would be a couple of more cutscenes with him then it would be nice (acctually you talk with Kreia about how you felt a disturbance of the force and you refer to Nihil but all I got was my level 15 promotion and the prestige class - no disturbance/no cutscene - it was kinda like talking with T3 when only from your dialog choices you can tell what he just said).

Goto was OK but the idea of him being my party member just utterly sucked (where the hell did the exile get his brain when he takes a girl who just gassed him and a droid that ordered to electrify him to his party?? - Hey! Let's take Sion with us! He tried to kill me too! And that HK from Peragus.

I could write about this all day but I think I'll just go play K1 now :)

Traya was the most unique and interesting character, but there's no doubt in my mind that Malak was the best villain.  You really can't be a proper villain without an evil laugh, and Malak had one of the best.

Having Traya as a Star Wars villain is kinda like having a Bond villain that just shoots James Bond as soon as he captures him, IMO.  Sure, it's realistic and plausible, but it's not as fun without the cheesy stuff. :huh:

Yeah...I guess Malak was pretty good after all. And point taken about the "cheesy stuff".