What is Orlando Blooms new film about?

I remember they considerd Hugh Grant .. I think he's a quite capable actor! but he's no bloody Bond!

and Orlando Bloom?? he's a even worse choice than Grant ..

Personally I would like Jude Law .. but in all honesty he's not the perfect choice either! .. we don't have any good Bond-quality actors any more!

Fortune favors the bald.

No, not dreadfully good at all, but I think he was good for the part. Somehow, he seemed to fit that role.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Heh, again, I thought he fit the part well...Viggo I mean. Then again, my pre-conceived notions of how the characters might look and act were somewhat similar to their on-screen incarnations.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I remember they considerd Hugh Grant .. I think he's a quite capable actor! but he's no bloody Bond!

Personally I would like Jude Law .. but in all honesty he's not the perfect choice either! .. we don't have any good Bond-quality actors any more!

007 can't be bufuddled so that counts Hugh out, the guys only got one stict and it gets pretty old pretty fast.

I agree that Orlando seemed pretty stiff as Legalos, yet another roll that could have been filled by River Phoenix. Maybe hes too grim though.

During the Fellowship of the Rings I wasn't too smitten with Viggo, especially the scene at Weathertop when he threw that torch and nailed the Nazgil in the face, talk about cheesy. But by the end he seemed to fall quite well into the role

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Clive Owen wouldnt be a bad choice, although MGM hasn't approached him with the role.

I'm telling you....Adrian Paul four 007!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I had wondered whe they would make a movie out of the Knights Templar, hopefully they'll have alot about their war with the Masons, and not do a bunch of that Crusade crap

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Orlando Bloom is a skinny pretty boy who's primary appeal is to teenage girls - not a great actor but he brings a certain demographic into the cinema, which is what it's all about for the film companies. I thought he did a better job than River Phoenix would have - if only because he's taller and skinnier and not quite so dead.

I thought Viggo was a pretty good Aragorn, but maybe that's because my wife is always playing the BBC radio adaptation of LOTR while she potters around the house and in that Aragorn is constantly declaiming in his best RSC style "I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn...". :wub:

I had wondered whe they would make a movie out of the Knights Templar, hopefully they'll have alot about their war with the Masons, and not do a bunch of that Crusade crap

If they want a historically accurate movie, it would be mostly about banking and good investements...

Anyway, Bloom is just the pretty boy of the day to me, not really good for anything except having teenage girls fawning over him for reasons that are beyond me. I have to admit that Legolas worked for him, though. There's probably better choices out there, but Legolas and Haldir were the only two elves that I thought fit. The rest just looked like humans with long hair, straining to look like elves, and I half-expected to hear Elrond go "So, we meet again, Mr. Anderson...". Arwen was okay too, but Galadriel was a real disappointment.

Gary Oldman? I think this guy is great in all his roles. I think he played a good Sirius Black.

Orlando Bloom, well not that great an actor yet, but he has time to improve. I didn't mind him as Legolas. He seemed to fit for the role.

As for the girls liking him, well wouldn't you be smitten if a guy could bring down a huge Oliphant all by himself with just a couple of arrows? Think of what he could do in bed! Not that I think about that stuff...

Gimli rocks!

So much envy :D

I thought he was ok in Lord of the Rings. Wasnt really a film for acting as much as casting.

Enjoyed PotC, hated Troy he seemed totally out of place in that and the whole bow thing just smacked of legolas the return.

The new bond..

Liam Neason although I havnt seen him since EPI or that guy out of Red Dragon, Ralph something or other. Ewan McGregor could probably pull it off, if they went back to Bonds roots.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]