Giant Storm beast

Do you have Force Barrier? It'll help alot I think. Other than that Beast Trick should work well on him. Donno if statis field will work but you should try that too.

Beating him on LS is way tougher than DS (crush, lightning etc. - that way he didn't even touch me).

Started with a grenade or 2 (concussion if possible?), then I just ran like a little girl with the camera facing backwards and then I would just repeatedly turn around, and power attack or critical strike (or something, as long as you hit the thing :ermm:), then keep running... basically just to limit the chances he has to get his mits on you.

My general philosphy was.... if in doubt, run like a little sissy girl until you figure out what to do :D

Clariana 13 what is your character build? I find it hard to believe you are having difficulty - combat is easy in this game.

Another method of defeating the storm beast would be to avoid him completely. When you enter the pen immediately hug the inner wall (on your right) and follow it round till you get to the exit.

By not stepping into the main part of teh arena you dont trigger the cut scence and hence the door on the side doesnt shut and the storm beast doesnt coem out either. :ermm:

Clariana 13 what is your character build? I find it hard to believe you are having difficulty - combat is easy in this game.

Another method of defeating the storm beast would be to avoid him completely. When you enter the pen immediately hug the inner wall (on your right) and follow it round till you get to the exit.

By not stepping into the main part of teh arena you dont trigger the cut scence and hence the door on the side doesnt shut and the storm beast doesnt coem out either. :ermm:

Played! :o:o

Personally, i was lightside but i still hit the storm beast with several force lightnings and then killed it using master flurry with dual lightsabers

Can't seem to down this guy,  of course it doesn't help that I don't have a decent shield left... 

I'm LS, any hints, tactics most welcome.

Clariana13

it's going to be very difficult if u dont have a lot of advanced medpacs/lifesupport packs.

just whack him with master flurry and stock up on any stims you have.... beast trick/stasis/force wave don't work on him... save your force points for master speed, and when your health gets low, RUN! and this way you shld be able to outrun him fast enough to restore your health everytime it gets low.

then turn around, whack him again, and run to heal. its kinda a slow process (something like run and gun) but it gets the job done... guns dont work well on this fella, its even slower than run-and-saber cos his health is so huge

Just put master speed on and attack. You'll be killing them in 2 rounds. Max.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Can't seem to down this guy,  of course it doesn't help that I don't have a decent shield left... 

I'm LS, any hints, tactics most welcome.

Clariana13

it's going to be very difficult if u dont have a lot of advanced medpacs/lifesupport packs.

just whack him with master flurry and stock up on any stims you have.... beast trick/stasis/force wave don't work on him... save your force points for master speed, and when your health gets low, RUN! and this way you shld be able to outrun him fast enough to restore your health everytime it gets low.

then turn around, whack him again, and run to heal. its kinda a slow process (something like run and gun) but it gets the job done... guns dont work well on this fella, its even slower than run-and-saber cos his health is so huge

Moo?

I usually use stasis field and it works on him just fine..?

I faced him once i and was a Light Side Jedi Watchman. Took him down pretty fast.

What I did after the doors closed shut was to cast Force Enlightenment which would activate Master Valor, Master Armor and Master Speed and charged in with 2 lightsabers. Use Master Flurry once in while but really not necessary since with 2 lightsabers and Master Speed, I would have 4 attacks on him at any one time. The occasional Force Wave would also knock him back and stun him.

Not very hard to kill. Besides Darth Sion, this is perhaps one of the more exciting opponents to fight in the entire game.

I had huge difficulites with that monster, too.

It always killed me with two blows or so. :wub:

Then my brother suggested I should turn invsible, and that's what I did.

I killed it with mines!!

But you oughta have good nerves when you do this, because the monster straightly came towards me and I thought: Oh no! It can see me!!

And when I was walking around, putting the mines on the ground, it was following me like a dog, I could feel its breath in my neck, but it never attacked me!

Pic:

monster.jpg

I killed the beast like I did any other boss - easy for me apparently, maybe I just got some good rolls.

I did Master Speed + Master Valor + Master Critical Strike with my two sabers. I can't remember if I tried a Force Kill or wave or something.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Oh... giant strom beast, I remember it well...

First time I see in from the cut scene I've thought the It's a pack of formal strom beast come across my light saber again... :p

But when I close to it......

"My LS consular Exile : Oh, shhit..."

It's just giant like its name ;)

And I ran like there're no tomorrow. :"> ... haha that's shame

Last creature I found and match that big is Krythe Dragon from K1 but I didn't fight him, pity... In Fact, I want to see such big Rancor in K1 like our neighbour Xbox...

Great job, Obsidian.

Giant Storm Beast you say? Oh yes, I recall it. :rolleyes:

Never had any trouble with it. Last time I played, I was a LS sentinel/ jedi master (L 23). I used force enlightment, master battle meditation and master flurry and I also had the battle precognition power from the handmaiden (add the wisdon modfier to the defense). I was using two lightsabers. After the boosts I had 54 defense and 42/38 to attack (don't remember the damage tough). It took me 2 rounds and less than 10 seconds to beat him down. He attacked me once, and missed. So I didn't take a single hit.

I remeber watching the cutscene and thinking that there was an angry giant beast running in my direction. It instantly took me back to the Rakatan planet in Kotor 1 when you had to fight a lot of rancor beasts (now, that was an angry beast!). Soon I was standing over it's corpse and thinking: Is that it? :huh:

The storm beast is very well done (the design I mean), but like all combat in this game,the fight is just crap!

Kotor 2 has many new features that are very good, like the prestige classes, new force powers and 2 weapon configurations (so you can switch really fast between two weapons), but all the combat is disappointing. The dark jedi and the sith lords (except for kreia) never even bothered to use the force against me. They just ran to with the lightsabers, ready to be butchered. :devil:

Last time through, I played Guardian/Weaponmaster, L.27 Light Side, Single saber (Lightside Exile crystal +4 str, +3 dex, +4 wis, +7 dmg vs. Dark Side, +3 Light Side damage, Pontite crystal, Pontite lens, Expert deflection emitter, +5 dmg energy cell, viridian blade), Dark Jedi Knight Robe with Biorestorative underlay Mk.V., GNS Strength Enhancer (+4 str), Jal Shey Meditation Gloves (+2 dex/wis/awareness). Exile's armband, Matukai meditation band (+2 wis, DS resist 30%, Will Saves +2). Overall, truly exceptional gear, gleaned through luck and merchant inventory manipulation (save, check, load, check, etc.)

I activated Force Enlightenment, switched to Juyo form and used Master Flurry. My first round stripped it of 3/4 of its health (I had a few bad rolls). The beast dealt 308 damage (at which point a nudge from a gizka would have been lethal), but my second round dropped it. While I've always found the fight to be savage and rather tense, it's rarely long. Only once was a character of mine defeated by that thing, but then again, I was trying to use the Force against it...

Beast trick may be useful, though I've never tried it personally.