God of War

Tayl

I picked it up on Friday, and have played 6 or so hours so far. It's pretty fun, but it's a straight-up action game. It has some puzzles that at times sort of remind you of Prince of Persia, but none of them are brainbusters. The coolest part of the game is having all the power that you do. You can seriously pull off some wicked attacks and combos, and it never gets old when you completely decimate a crowd. The controls are smooth and responsive, and it's easy to pull off the combos and stuff. It's extremely bloody and gory, and definitely earns the Mature rating, but for some reason even though it is over the top it all fits. The world they created is dark, deadly, and gory, so it doesn't feel bad or weird or anything to see so much blood. The Greek setting is cool, and the art is absolutely amazing. It's almost cinematic, and almost every area is just plain awesome, visually. Sometimes I can't believe it's a PS2 doing all of this. There are some stutters, but for the most part it's smooth.

I'm not a big console gamer, but this one has me. It's a great play for when I come home from a long day and need to play something that doesn't require me to use my brain. Anyone else played it? What do you think?

I picked it up on Friday, and have played 6 or so hours so far. It's pretty fun, but it's a straight-up action game. It has some puzzles that at times sort of remind you of Prince of Persia, but none of them are brainbusters. The coolest part of the game is having all the power that you do. You can seriously pull off some wicked attacks and combos, and it never gets old when you completely decimate a crowd. The controls are smooth and responsive, and it's easy to pull off the combos and stuff. It's extremely bloody and gory, and definitely earns the Mature rating, but for some reason even though it is over the top it all fits. The world they created is dark, deadly, and gory, so it doesn't feel bad or weird or anything to see so much blood. The Greek setting is cool, and the art is absolutely amazing. It's almost cinematic, and almost every area is just plain awesome, visually. Sometimes I can't believe it's a PS2 doing all of this. There are some stutters, but for the most part it's smooth.

I'm not a big console gamer, but this one has me. It's a great play for when I come home from a long day and need to play something that doesn't require me to use my brain. Anyone else played it? What do you think?

yea i played it i picked it up to its fun and im almost done with it.

I'd rather get this over Devil May Cry 3. I simply can't stand Dante's personality and his girlie boy looks (the man bra didn't really help either..). This one looks a hell of a lot more interesting.