Comments on KotOR 2 Music

Maybe I just missed the particular thread, but there doesn't seem to much talk on the KotOR 2 music besides from the fact that the included audio in the game was downmixed too much.

Thought I'd start a thread on what people thought of the music composition, like the general tune, theme and all that. If you're a music buff who can't "listen to the notes she's not playing"

Lisa Simpson

cos the music quality is too low then well, I probably wouldn't understand you anyway cos I'm not that sort of arty-emotion person.

Overall I thought it was OK, not as good as KotOR 1. There were some good bits like the Onderon battle (well, that sample bit in the Restoration thread), but eh...I dunno. The main bit that sticks out for me is that the Jedi theme wasn't very Jedi - it resembled more of a Bastila-style (sad/down) type theme. I guess I found the idea of the LS ending to be as un-LS as the DS theme ("so much for the Jedi").

And still can't believe they didn't use the original Cantina band song anywhere.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Yeah, the rebuit jedi enclave was my favorite. As far as cantina music goes... Last I checked, the music in the cantina on Telos can also be found in the old Star Wars: The Phantom Menace video game. At least I think it was the telos cantina...

The rebuilt Jedi Enclave music was easily my fave music as well.

I think that is the theme of the Jedi in this game.

It was really tragic, like the Jedi have not only been all but wiped out, but the final masters seem to have fallen from grace also.

Also, about this cantina music.

4000 bloody years, and they still can't come up with something new, in 4000 bloody years.

I'm amazed the people of the Star Wars universe haven't all died hearing that song being played over and over again, over 4000 bloody years.

I really liked most of the music in the game, but most especially in that guys Sith Temple. It was really well done and manged to cover come the fact that I was in the most poorly name character of alltime.

The only track I didn't like was the one when you got back to the Jedi Enclave, That one really got on my nerves and it seemed not quite completed, like alot of things in this game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I agree. The rebuilt enclave music was by far the best in the game. The other music was good as well.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Wow. After reading the first post, I was about to mention how much I loved the music from the rebuilt Enclave, but now, after reading all the other posts, I feel like an unoriginal dolt.

I really did love it, though! Anybody got an mp3 version of it? :)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I like The Sith Lords, or the music that plays as you create your character. I also really like Peragus. But the Rebuilt Enclave is probably my favorite... except if you are "Lightside ending" and you get this really great instrumental part of the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave music as you see the Hawk flyby. It was so pretty...

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

To follow the common flow...Yes I too found the Jedi theme to be the best piece, followed up by the Sith Lords theme. I also liked the re-use of the Sith theme from KotOR I, although placed a bit wrong(my opinion). Combat music is combat music, after awhile they all sound alike. However, the final showdown music was a big letdown. Malak's final battle music was awesome, right up there with Bastila's theme. Overall an equal to the first, but both still feel a bit out of place from Star Wars... meaning not enough use of certain themes, especially the Force theme which appeared to play when you gain lightside points ;) and traveling from Onderon to Dxun. :)