Turn mira /Handmaiden/Visas into light=good jedi?

Hello People !

For the last two hours i searched the I-Net in vain for an answer to the following question:

Is it possible to turn Handmaiden / Mira or Visas into LIGHT Jedi ??

For me, altough I am lighter-than-thou they always turn into dark jedi classes.

So I`m asking if it is possible to turn any of these into light-side-jedi ???

Their alignment is pretty far into the light side, however, when i do the converting maneuvers..., the game always tells me: " Mira just turned into a dark jedi guardian " or similar, I seem not to be able to extract a message saying they turned into a light jedi guardian...

Hhmmm ????

Anyone knows the trick, or is ir written in stone for theses NPC`s ???

Thanks in advance,

L.

I think that just depends on the conversation options you pick during their dialogue tree (edit) ie whether you ask them to be Jedi in a light friendly way or a darker/more negative way.

And it doesn't mean anything in terms of gameplay, just seems to be there for flavor - to make the dialogue tree you chose make story-sense.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is it possible to turn Handmaiden / Mira or Visas into LIGHT Jedi ??

I know it is definitely possible to train both the Handmaiden and Mira as Light Jedi, however it is not possible to convert Visas in the way you are referring to. Her character is complex already, especially with regard to her force orientation.

Regarding the personal story of Visas, If you follow it through to a conclusion (slaying nihilus) as an light side player and say the right thing when she removes his mask, then she will basically give you the confirmation that you have helped her relinquish her hatred and come to terms with her past, and guided her to the light. From memory she more or less states that she wishes to learn the ways of the light jedi through you so she can begin to help the galaxy as a way of doing something good, instead of seeking revenge. That is about as close as you come to converting her... but something tells me there may be a conclusion to that tale coming in the 3rd game perhaps?

- Dan

Like I said...it's a story diagloue tree option.

Atton's the same way. The game will tell you he's a Dark or Light etc. regardless of his actual character-portarit alignment orientation. Doesn't mean a thing.

You can't turn Visa's into a Jedi since she's already a Jedi. >_<"

You can only change her 'alignment' by influencing her.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, I've never actually had Handmaiden - it's possible that may be a forced issue with her.

Haven't tried taking a darker road with Mira either - so it may be that only certain NPC's have that Jedi-training story-duality.

You can't turn Visa's into a Jedi since she's already a Jedi.  >_<"

I assumed that went without saying, so I simply pointed out what I thought was more pertinent to Lannister.

Didn't mean to sound like I was ignoring what you said, I was just adding my own comments to top off your response :o

Of the characters I turned into Jedi in my first/only game, Atton and Handmaiden (learnt about it too late for Bao-Dur and Mira cos I thought the whole deal of it was stupid), they started as LS Jedi. and when I first checked on Visas' character screen (straight after defeating her), she was already high LS (which I also found stupid cos of what she just tried to do - she did a double Juhani...)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Well the funny part is that the differences of whether they become dark jedi or jedi is the text which appears when "<npc name> has taken his/her first steps in the path to becoming a Jedi/Dark Jedi <class-here>" and the things they say in the dialog after converting them - nothing else.

I've checked in KSE and it still says 'Jedi Guardian' and not 'Dark Jedi Guardian' on the Handmaiden after I've turned her into a Dark Jedi.

Of the characters I turned into Jedi in my first/only game, Atton and Handmaiden (learnt about it too late for Bao-Dur and Mira cos I thought the whole deal of it was stupid), they started as LS Jedi. and when I first checked on Visas' character screen (straight after defeating her), she was already high LS (which I also found stupid cos of what she just tried to do - she did a double Juhani...)

It's a bit weird, I agree... perhaps a bit over the top. However that said, I think if you look into her character a bit its basically just reflective of her complexities, which I've outlined from my perspective in other threads.

I've mentioned this to you before if memory serves me correctly, and I still beleive you can view the game and its characters however you want and I certainly beleive thats your right, but it does appear the developers tried to push that a lot of things in this game shouldnt be taken at face value...

- Dan

The random 'variables' (glitches?) in the INF system are almost as much fun as opening a locked crate. You never know what you will or won't get, in the way of cutscenes, etc. I never had to take Visas off the ship to have her 100% and LS all the way. And in some games she's been an awesome support Jedi, in others she sucked and stayed locked up in her dorm. Same with the others. It's possible their stats are rolled fresh each time, which is interesting.

Right now, I fear for Exile's life if he tries to take on 'anyone' without Bao and Atton. It's been a challenge to make a Consular even halfway competent in various situations. He can talk anybody to death, but that won't help in a roomful of dark Jedi... gotta feeling I'll have to save a little bit of FP for the speed-run thing. How embarrassing.

hmmm,

i treid for the last two hours to convert either mira or handmaiden into a light side jedi, but they always turn into dark jedi consular or guardian, no matter what i do.....

Has it something to do with my influence not being good enough ??

I still have korriban to do , can i gain influence with Mira or Handmaiden there ?

I desperately want to turn them into light side jedi`s, i dont know why they turn into DS, I as well as both of them are at the maximum of the light spectrum.....

Can anyone offer me any help ????

L.

slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me how you get visas to sacrifice herself? I have only played this far as DS so far. Or is this another storyline thing that didn't actually happen?

As it currently stands, the game checks that Visas has a valid melee weapon and certain robes or clothes equipped before it will display the sacrifice option. Iirc, influence and alignment don't factor into this check, so if you meet the aforementioned conditions, you should get the option to tell Visas to sacrifice herself after you've fought Nihilus down to half HP.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

Okay Lannister, it is possible that some of these things may be happenig with you:

1. You've encountered a bug where your characters are going to become the OPPOSITE of what your alignment is. I encountered this once a short while ago, after my character was captured (I won't say by who - just in case :( ) and the others had to rescue him, but once they finally found him they suddenly changed into DS aligned looks. Their characters i.e thier dialog and speech were unaffected but their looks were of the DS.

I tested this by cheating and turning myself DS - lo and begold they went straight to the opposite end of the scale. All I could do was say WTF??? and start my game all over again - it sucks, but you would do it eventually.

2. Maybe you did miss something in the gameplay that keeps turning them darkside - have you always acted good and king even towards your enemies in the game?

Converting them all is actuall pretty easy, although it does require some patience!

I'm sure there is a thread around here somewhere that shows where the best places are in the game to influence each character and what to say at the right moment, but I can't find it now.

Here are some hints on converting Handmaiden and Mira (my two favourites BTW!)

Handmaiden is the easiest of the lot. You can basically transform her into a Jedi by talking to her a lot on the Ebon Hawk. Ask her to train with you each time you see she has advanced in her Echani training (she needs to be at least lvl 18 to master it I think). In between - go talk to Kreia, she will discuss certain issues involving Handmaidens past, Atris and you training her as a Jedi. Pay attention and DON'T say anything that goes against you actually wanting to train her. Oh, and after you fight with Handmaiden - ask her why it's necessary to fight without clothes, once when you have none on and another when you do.

Mira is a bit tougher to influence. Talking to her while she is on the ship and you all are on another planet (NOT Nar Shadaa) will help. Get her to open up about her past and her encounters with Hanharr. Also ask her why she seems restless, but don't insult Nar Shadaa - she cares for it.

The best way to convert her is to take her with you when you first go to Dxun - obviously this means going to Nar Shadaa first after you finally depart Telos. Make sure she stays with you at all times while you are on Dxun. (BTW, when you first get to Nar Shadaa, Atton and Bao-Dur can be greatly influenced here too!) After you finish on Dxun and you got the line: 'Maybe someday I'll let you.' (or something like that) take her back to Nar Shadaa - you should have recieved enough clues in the dialog to help convert her to a Jedi.

Anyway enough from me - hope that helps. :ermm:

Thank you all for the hints.......

I hope it helps... :(

BTW:

Not being able to turn them into light jedis could it have something to do with me being friendly to visas ? I wanted to redeem her ..... to bring her back to the light.

Does being kind to visas prohibit turning mira and handmaiden into light jedi ?

Will I still get the betrayal cutscene with atris If I turned handmaiden into a light jedi ?????

L.

I hope it helps... :(

BTW:

Not being able to turn them into light jedis could it have something to do with me being friendly to visas ? I wanted to redeem her ..... to bring her back to the light.

Does being kind to visas prohibit turning mira and handmaiden  into light jedi ?

Admirable :ermm: Call me weak, but its the only way i'd have it too! :D

No, being favourable to Visas shouldn't stop this. HOWEVER that said, I found that due to my favouring Visas, the Handmaiden eventually flew off the handle and wouldn't let me speak to her at all... period :ermm: I'm not sure what triggered it, but im not sure it was a part of the relationships mechanics within the game, I think it was more because I didn't take her out on missions enough.

- Dan

HOWEVER that said, I found that due to my favouring Visas, the Handmaiden eventually flew off the handle and wouldn't let me speak to her at all... period :wub: I'm not sure what triggered it, but im not sure it was a part of the relationships mechanics within the game, I think it was more because I didn't take her out on missions enough.

Yah, I found that out the hard way with one of my earlier Lightsiders ... I didn't realize at the time that you only got one shot at learning the Force Sight power Visas knows, so I spent all my time with her, gaining Influence, hoping to learn it later.

Little did I realize that the discrepancy between the high amount of Influence I had with Visas compared to the moderate amount I had with Handmaiden would cause Kreia to manipulate her into having "nothing more to say" to me. BAH!

Now, though, I just don't talk to either of them much until level 18, after beating Handmaiden three times in duels to get in her good graces. She doesn't mind you loving up to Visas, as long as you love up to her *first*. :wub:

evil_twin.jpg

I hope it helps... :wub:

BTW:

Does being kind to visas prohibit turning mira and handmaiden  into light jedi ?

Admirable :wub: Call me weak, but its the only way i'd have it too! :D

No, being favourable to Visas shouldn't stop this. HOWEVER that said, I found that due to my favouring Visas, the Handmaiden eventually flew off the handle and wouldn't let me speak to her at all... period :) I'm not sure what triggered it, but im not sure it was a part of the relationships mechanics within the game, I think it was more because I didn't take her out on missions enough.

- Dan

The exact mechanics of this has been discussed elsewhere in this forum, but the bottom line is that if you have considerably more influence with Visas than Handmaiden, the HM will get mad at you (after Kreia manipulates her). Mira, however, can still be turned to Jedi. Note that being kind to Visas does not automatically mean that HM gets angry, you just have to be nice to her too.

Yeah... I kinda ignored her, lol

When I play through the game for the second time it will be as LS Female. I imagine I will still have the same interest in Visas, but i'll be sure to give some attention to (in this case) the Disciple so I can train him as well as saving Visas :p Eventually I may replay the game as LS Male again though...

Everybody wins! :lol:

- Dan