onderon

it's like my 5th playthrough already but always this onderon thing drives me cyco. Onderon is a "sweet" f ing planet but this feud. who is truley better vaklu is a better ruler but talia is so hot and the rightfull ruler. she looks like a isrealite. i'm a dark side playa but i hate killing talia. who is truley better

Talia is definatly better because...

A) She is the rightful ruler.

B) She has ruled with wisdom and isn't one of those cliched-tyrant people who are always the villans.

C) She has an understanding of peace and sees the future instead of the now, which is that Onderon being part of the Republic is good for the planet's future, not its now. She was obviously not thrown out or killed earlier so this must mean she has some good points to her being in rule over Iziz and Onderon.

D) Valku is a rebellious man. He helped lead a rebellion when the planet/city of Iziz was under Mandalorian rule and he is held up for this. Except that people forget that the Mandalorian Wars were pretty brutal (planets falling to Mandalorians, like Onderon did) and, like in most battles throughout the history of the world, streets were more that bloodied a bit to reclaim the land. This means that he's not afraid of bloodshed to get what he wants, and his followers will go with him through anything because he was right with the Mandalorians during their war so they believe and support him now, believing that he is right, although he fits the steriotypical "evil tyrant" persona: too much ambition, a rebellious history, a man with too many connections and credits, a desire for power cloaked with the reasons of "saving Onderon from the Republic". I'm guessing he started the space battle to kill the Exhile and to cause a stir among Talia's Loyalists and the citizens to question their stance since the Republic started firing upon warships from Onderon in space that were orbiting the planet.

E) Talia is much prettier and has a better assistant. I mean, come on, at least Kavar can do magic tricks if you get bored. What can Tobin possibly do to keep you entertained? ^_^

F) Talia actually has expirence at ruling a country, and Vaklu has the expirence of commanding an army. Both of them has something the other wants/needs. But Talia knows the pressures, difficulties, and demands of ruling over a country. I'm guessing Vaklu is totally clueless and thinks he'll be sitting on his butt drinking Juma and counting his credits while his next stim shipment comes in for his soldiers.

Anyways, just my thoughts and two-sense (or it two cents? never figured that out...)

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

it's like my 5th playthrough already but always this onderon thing drives me cyco.  Onderon is a "sweet" f ing planet but this feud.  who is truley better vaklu is a better ruler but talia is so hot and the rightfull ruler.  she looks like a isrealite.  i'm a dark side playa but i hate killing talia. who is truley better

It depends on how you look at it.

Vaklu allies himself with the Sith to get power and control. Under his reign (you're told at the end of the game) Onderon retains its customs and individuality because it never became part of the Republic. A lot of Onderonians were afraid of losing that. He is a stronger ruler.

Talia's going to have a tough time, but she makes it. Under her rule, Onderon joins the Republic and eventually loses the individuality and customs that made them special. But they gain in trade and defense.

Both their hearts were in the right place; they just had a different approach.

But Talia tends to annoy me a little. I think it's her attitude more than anything.

Talia's accent is pretty wierd when all the other Onderonians didn't sport anything that "exotic". Tends to grate on my nerves but I have a real grudge against a guy who wants to have the Ebon Hawk shot on sight upon entering the system. So I would throw my lot in with the queen if only to whip Vaklu's butt.

All rebellion's technically started with lie's and breaking laws.....without such rebellion's some countries wouldnt be what they are. Sometimes you have to get your hands a little dirty to do the right thing...Vaklu say's right off he didnt know it was the sith at the start(well..tobin says...but same difference)

it's like my 5th playthrough already but always this onderon thing drives me cyco.  Onderon is a "sweet" f ing planet but this feud.  who is truley better vaklu is a better ruler but talia is so hot and the rightfull ruler.  she looks like a isrealite.  i'm a dark side playa but i hate killing talia. who is truley better

It depends on how you look at it.

Vaklu allies himself with the Sith to get power and control. Under his reign (you're told at the end of the game) Onderon retains its customs and individuality because it never became part of the Republic. A lot of Onderonians were afraid of losing that. He is a stronger ruler.

Talia's going to have a tough time, but she makes it. Under her rule, Onderon joins the Republic and eventually loses the individuality and customs that made them special. But they gain in trade and defense.

Why do you think that joining a Sith Empire retains individuality?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

All rebellion's technically started with lie's and breaking laws.....without such rebellion's some countries wouldnt be what they are. Sometimes you have to get your hands a little dirty to do the right thing...Vaklu say's right off he didnt know it was the sith at the start(well..tobin says...but same difference)

Vaklu's rebellion is a putsch and not a liberation movement. The Sith help him to achieve his aims because their enemy can be weakened by this.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I've played it as helping both sides. Usually I help Vaklu if I'm playing a Darksider (and get those great "bump off this and that Captain" evil quests).

As a Lightsider I usually help Talia.

Simply put, Onderon is described as one of those worlds in turmoil upon which the future of the Republic depends. Talia is in favor of staying with the Republic, so if you side with her, you help the Republic.

Vaklu is power-hungry but will turn against the Sith with whom he had aligned himself (like an idiot) if you help him. This leads ultimately, I presume, to Onderon leaving the Republic.

So, are you a patriot? Do you want the Republic to flourish, or flounder?

And I love Talia's accent. The more exotic the better on the ladies, imho.

>_<

evil_twin.jpg

i didn't like either to be honest, both came off as a bit up themselves, and i was annoyed by talias indian/pakistani accent which seemed a bit random and sounded stupid

i helped talia since i don't usually tend to side with people who try to kill me

When u side with Vaklu u side with the DS and will have to kill Kavar at the end of the planet.

I made this mistake once, I had LS mastery but then killed all the captains on Onderon...oh well..next time I 'll be more careful.

-jim

That's just what is said. I never bothered to worry about it.

IMO any ruler who believes his planet can be an island with no political affiliations (vaklu vs. the Republic) is just deluding himself. His choice to bring in the Sith to take control is a big gamble that he won't end up being their puppet, because Onderon has tactical significance.

But if I were an Onderonian under Talia, I'd move to Dxun. Oy. She annoys me.

That's just what is said. I never bothered to worry about it.

IMO any ruler who believes his planet can be an island with no political affiliations (vaklu vs. the Republic) is just deluding himself. His choice to bring in the Sith to take control is a big gamble that he won't end up being their puppet, because Onderon has tactical significance.

But if I were an Onderonian under Talia, I'd move to Dxun. Oy. She annoys me.

Thats incorrect, there was no "Sith" empire, just remnants of Revan's fleets and troops, which were in turn traitors from the Republic. Whether Revan was LS or DS in KOTOR 1 makes no difference because both ways end the same, either the Republic beats the Sith at the Starforge and they scatter and wage geurilla war against the Republic and themselves or the Republic fleet is lost at the Starforge, Revan leaves for the Outer Rim and the Sith turn to civil war amongst themselves and destroy their power base just like it would be destroyed in the former situation. So in KOTOR 2 either way the Sith remnants are scattered throughout the Republic. Hence, Onderon retains it's individuality because the Sith allies are killed by the Exile and they don't have the power base to take the planet once Vaklu secures it.

By the way, does anyone have a clue what the Sith were exactly trying to do - and what they achieved - in the tomb of Freedon Nadd on Dxun?

That's what allowed the SIth to control all the beasts. This part is actually going on simultaneously with the part on Onderon. When you disrupt the ritual, that is when they lose control of the Drexl outside the Throne room.

Both of them are bad rulers. Vaklu is setting himself up to become a military dictator, and Queen Talia is already a dictator, acting contrary to the will of her people, and worse, a two-thirds majority of her people. I reckon the only good course of action is to execute both for treason, and call immediate elections. Sadly, that's not an option. :angry:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

the only good thing i thibk taht happens when u join vaklu is the bounty hunter mission thibgs u can get from anda in the merchant quater. u get paid a lot of crefits for it and its kind a cool. Talia is bbetter probably by waht u guys r sayen in dis forum. i'm still undecided but i'll probaly go talia so sweet acsent HOT

Vaklu is a bit weak for the kind of ambitions he has, but there's quite a few points going for him.

* Mandalorians judge people by how they battle; they fought him and have respect for him.

* He actually keeps the deals he makes as long as you keep things fair with him. Pretty refreshing for a man in charge, especially in the galaxy where even Ithorians are looking for ways to screw you.

* Not sure now, but i think he sent in some troops to Telos during Nihilus' attack to help with the fight, even though his intention is to break away from the Republic?