Is it just me or

is KOTOR2 not as good as the first one. I just could not get into it at all. I have played KOTOr1 through several times now and enjoy it everytime. The second version is let down, in my opinion, by a very dodgy story and even dodgier ending. Not the same atmoshere at all. I played it once and deleted it whereas KOTOR1 still gets run.

A patch seems irrelevant to me as I doubt I will ever play the game again.

What I like about KOTOR 2 are the new features such as telling you when objects are empty, the new flowing robes, etc. It lacked in the NPC heads which I had an issue with. It seems that the only way to get a good NPC head is for a modder to build one for you. But KOTOR I had the better storyline in my opinion, so I think it is the better of the two.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

is KOTOR2 not as good as the first one. I just could not get into it at all. I have played KOTOr1 through several times now and enjoy it everytime. The second version is let down, in my opinion, by a very dodgy story and even dodgier ending. Not the same atmoshere at all. I played it once and deleted it whereas KOTOR1 still gets run.

A patch seems irrelevant to me as I doubt I will ever play the game again.

I've played both games multiple times, so I'm not going to bash one or the other since I enjoyed both of them.

However, I disagree with your seeming opinion that K2 wasn't very good.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ya I do think Kotor 1 is better, but more because of Kotor 2's failings

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Story was more immersive and complicated in 2. I can't stand playing the first one again, the converstions were boring and the story was painfully obvious and not fun to run through again.

I also seem to run the second game better, the only planet I ran without massive frame rate drops in the first was Tattoine. In the second it is only a few areas of Nar Shadda, Peragus and Goto's Yacht that I have frame rate problems in.

I actually thought the Story was alot better, but then the game just sort of stopped.

Its like you're just about to be intimate with some one you really like, and instead of making the magic, she turns around and kicks you in the balls and then starts going out with one of your friends.

For lack of a better analogy

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think there are good and bad things about both games. I would probably tend to agree more with KOTOR2, because while the story lacks a decent ending, it is less black and white than KOTOR1. I also like being able to influence your party, but (and this may be just me) I liked how in the first game you learnt the background of the other characters progressivly, for me it made it more intruiging (well, the FIRST time you play anyway). I suppose this is true for the second one, but with characters like Atton, his history is blurted out in one long dialogue sequence on Nar Sharda. (sp ><")