KOTOR III Domain Reserved!

According to Starwarsknights someone has reserved the www.kotor3.com.

internet domain. Who could have done this? Lucasarts? Or maybe Sidious' agents?

Original message here find you can padawans.

Anyway, we have thin proof that KOTOR III may be approaching. But please, not too soon...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Sorry to disapoint.

Organization:

Francisco Arias

Francisco Arias

cl 56 a 46-55 int 4 ap 402

Bogota, 

CO

Phone: 2223753

Email: FranciscoJavierArias@yahoo.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com

Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com

Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: KOTOR3.COM

Created on..............: Mon, Nov 22, 2004

Expires on..............: Tue, Nov 22, 2005

Record last updated on..: Mon, Nov 22, 2004

Administrative Contact:

Francisco Arias

Francisco Arias

cl 56 a 46-55 int 4 ap 402

Bogota, 

CO

Phone: 2223753

Email: FranciscoJavierArias@yahoo.com

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:

Register.Com

Domain Registrar

575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor

New York, NY 10018

US

Phone: 902-749-2701

Fax..: 902-749-5429

Email: domain-registrar@register.com

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS19.REGISTER.COM                                216.21.234.80   

DNS20.REGISTER.COM                                216.21.226.80   

Register your domain name at http://www.register.com

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. 

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sidious' Agent no doubt.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

I seriously dont believe there is going to be a KoTOR 3.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I seriously dont believe there is going to be a KoTOR 3.

This is off topic but I have to say it: your previous avatar was giving me pleasant thoughts.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

You're seriously wrong -- LucasFilms is moving all three branches -- Films, Arts, and its Gfx/Sfx studio to one location because George wants them too -- he doesn't like how his corporation is being run and he purchased a large chunk of land to design where they'll all be.. LucasFilms laid people off because of this (as well as Arts) and one of the teams that suffered was Knights of the Old Republic III, who had begun the game (rough drafts, brainstorming, etc).

Its pretty much a given once the switch is made and everything is undercontrol as GL and the board want it.

You're seriously wrong -- LucasFilms is moving all three branches -- Films, Arts, and its Gfx/Sfx studio to one location because George wants them too -- he doesn't like how his corporation is being run and he purchased a large chunk of land to design where they'll all be.. LucasFilms laid people off because of this (as well as Arts) and one of the teams that suffered was Knights of the Old Republic III, who had begun the game (rough drafts, brainstorming, etc).

Its pretty much a given once the switch is made and everything is undercontrol as GL and the board want it.

Proof?

drakron.png

Proof?

forgive but who is seriously wrong?

Someone.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Well they are opening up a studio in the presidio in san francisco.

If they are making KOTOR 3 then its on the xenon(xbox 2) which means every game for that system is on the down low. I suspect we'll hear something after the Xenon date is release. :p

Yes.

isabelleadjani.jpg

Isabelle is crapped...

gaiman_wolves_hc.jpg

..Lucy takes her place.

Well they are opening up a studio in the presidio in san francisco.

If they are making KOTOR 3 then its on the xenon(xbox 2) which means every game for that system is on the down low. I suspect we'll hear something after the Xenon date is release. :blink:

for love life they put it on pc too i'll being buying a xenox just for k3...

i wish we knew the romurs both ways are running wild.

Although I'm not a fan of the multiple K3 threads popping up all the time, I think it would be a big shock (although not completely unexpected) if Lucasarts doesn't produce a K3.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The M$ needs RPG and since both KOTOR 1 and 2 did so well they might try to push LA to make K3. Lets face enough people would be willing to risk one more KOTOR game to make it possible. I now I would buy it even if I knew it was rushed again. :">

Whatever the reason, LA dropped the pre-production and fired the people involved in it. No game has ever managed to survive something like that. Just look at Bg3, everyone wanted it, it was certain to make huge profits- did it happen? No.

This is Star Wars, you can't really compare it to Baldur's gate. BG might be the more known game-series but it is nowhere near the brand that is Star Wars.

LucasArts has made it very clear that they are happy with the KOTOR-series and don't plan to stop the franchise right now.

It's not like this didn't happen to a Star Wars game before. Either the Episode III game or another of the relatively new games was first developed by LucasArts but changed over to a different developer because of the "restructuring". We don't even know what the fired staff was working on, heck, it's not even official that there was any developement of KOTOR III, so this doesn't mean anything for the future.

This is Star Wars, you can't really compare it to Baldur's gate. BG might be the more known game-series but it is nowhere near the brand that is Star Wars.

LucasArts has made it very clear that they are happy with the KOTOR-series and don't plan to stop the franchise right now.

It's not like this didn't happen to a Star Wars game before. Either the Episode III game or another of the relatively new games was first developed by LucasArts but changed over to a different developer because of the "restructuring". We don't even know what the fired staff was working on, heck, it's not even official that there was any developement of KOTOR III, so this doesn't mean anything for the future.

and take that one step farther i reread that article bout the e3. and side the new header there refence in the article to suggest obsidiant is making it. so it entirely possible someone else may be doing it

though one thing just started bugging me. why would kotor 3 be in development in august when k2 hasn't gone gold at the time.

Same reason Lucasarts contracted Obsidian to begin production (I believe pre-development stuff) before the release of KOTOR I, or shortly thereafter.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 3 weeks later...
for love life they put it on pc too i'll being buying a xenox just for k3...

i wish we knew the romurs both ways are running wild.

:p

dewaybe2678, please don't take this the wrong way but...

Are you, for some reason, against typing grammatically correct? I mean no offense, but alot of your posts are very hard to read and comprehend. Alot of times I just give up. :(

You're still my buddy, right? :huh:

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari