The Pope is dying

Nur Ab Sal

Isn't this the last Pope that Nostradamus listed, perhaps my reign of fire will begin soon.

wha? :(

Nostradamus compiled a list of the names of every Pope from when ever he was staring through the looking glass till now, and say what you want to say about his predictions and all, but he was right. The last pope on the list was John Paul the II.

Now alot of people think that it means something big, but you could just make the arguement that he got bored. As for WW# I remember a couple of years ago they were saying it was suppose to be in 2007 after the twin brothers fall or whatever, but I guess it got pushed back to 2011. Must be a rain out or something.

As for my reign of fire, feel free to join my quasi evil army of the night in elliminating drum circles, paculi, that comedian Dennis Leary, and any white guys with dreadlocks. There is a ofcourse a place for all of you, be sure to bring some koolaid and a roll of quarters to pay the cosmic toll. Also new shoes preferable something in a sneaker

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Aren't you confusing Nostradamus with St Malachy? Acc to Malachy there are two popes remaining and after them antichrist will come and papacy will end (like jedi order in EIII hehe) one of them will be black man. :("

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Nope, I'm not, atleast I don't think so, I'm basing most of this of an episode of Unsolved Mysteries I saw when I was about 10, and if I remember there was this fanciful tale of how Nostradamos was eating at this guys house and he had these two pigs one black and one white and he asked Nostradamos to guess what pig they where going to eat and he said the black one. Well then the guy told his cook to cook the white one. Well then dinner was served and the black pig was prepared and brought out, and the guy got really pissed at his cook and was like "I told you to cook the white one."

And he was all, "Sir, I would have, but some dogs got into the kitchen and ate it."

Proving that Nostradamos had psychic-kawhatsis-powers

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

My thoughts on the religion thing.

I don't really care much for religion. Like all organizations it does the occasional good thing and the bad things that the media blows all out of proportion and whilst playing background music to elicit our emotions.

I will not deny the strength that well meaning faith has however. For the devout it is a source of their strength and compassion, which I have both witnessed and felt from some Catholics that are part of my life. Strangely enough these people are more accepting of the differences of others.

I do not appreciate religious fanatics that try to shove their beliefs down everyone's collective throats. I believe these are the truly weak people that would fall apart if left to themselves. They have no inner strength and instead must fall back on radical beliefs to fuel their existence, to justify their superiority over others.

My parents are Catholic and for a time I attended mass every sunday. During that time it seemed like most people were there not for any spiritual enlightenment and peace, but to further push their own agendas, to advertise their business, to show off their latest possession. Granted this is a part of human nature and I'm not saying this is wrong in anyway. I just thought that most people there were there for the wrong reasons and I stopped going.

I once actually did the 40 days 40 nights thing mentioned before. Except I wasn't in a desert. I was up in the mountains in a small buddhist temple. I was up there for about a month, secluded, eating rice and veggies, hiking around the area and climbing to every peak. Just me and my thoughts and my physical self. And in those moments sitting atop a boulder watching the sunset after long days hike I met 'God'. Was it the Catholic/Christian God? Nope. Was it Buddha? Nope. It was the peace I felt within myself and my surroundings.

True, I was probably moved emotionally from the grand vistas and my seclusion from the daily stress of everyday life, but I think I realized that life was about simplicity and peace within yourself. Well at least for me. I think everyone should stop running outwards towards the things we see and think will make us happy and look within ourselves a few times.

'God' is within you.

My thoughts on the whole gender thing.

Men and women both have their strengths and weaknesses. To say one is inherently superior than the other is simply said, stupid.

I think radical feminist, like all fanatics are simply not as strong or as superior as they think they are. If women truly are the 'better sex' they wouldn't stoop so low as to express their hate and disdain for half the human population.

They can justify their hate and rage on the 'male oppression' they have no doubt acutely felt throughout their lives, but in the end in accomplishes nothing. Women are probably more oppressed now than ever before. Oppressed by the social pressure to be successful, beautiful, a homemaker, a mother all simultaneously. I can sympathize with this but can't help think that feminism has had a great part in this. Feminism seems to portray being a housewife or mother as slavery, when it it one of the most important vocations a woman can have for a stable and healthy society. Men are much as slave to their jobs as some women are a slave to their homes. But no one hears men complain that no one 'appreciates' them. I'm not saying that women should all stay at home. Talented women should contribute all they have to society, but they must realize that being successful at work calls for sacrifice in other areas and this is not the fault of 'male oppression'. Nor should women be ashamed of staying at home and raising children.

Simply put no one can be everything at once, or fulfill completely the responsibilties that come with a particular role, all simultaneously. If men and women learn to pool their strengths and complement each other instead of engaging in meaningless gender wars I believe both would be a lot happier.

My thoughts on US diplomacy.

Maybe later.

I wondering right now why the hell I'm writing this on a gaming forum anyway.

it's said .. according to Malachy that the final pope will be Peter the Roman .. Malachy's final words in the prophecy is "Rome, the seat of the Vatican, will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people."

and Nostradamus writes in such an obscure tounge that you can derive anything from what he says .. try reading some of this http://www.crystalinks.com/quatrainscentury10.html , about the last century!

his famous doomday propechy (Century X, Quatrain 72) goes like this:

The year 1999 seven month,

From the sky will come a great King of terror:

To bring back to life the great King of Angolmois, (the Mongols),

Before after Mars to reign by good luck

.. I mean what the **** is that? in july 1999 Genghis Khan should been have risen from the death by a great king of terror? :p

Fortune favors the bald.

I was really hoping that all this millennial angst would tail off after the millennium.

well since they are speculating that Jesus was probably born a couple of years later than we think .. we don't really know when the "true" new millenium is .. so we still have a few years of unceartinty in wich we can fear the end of all things!

Fortune favors the bald.

I remember a couple of years ago they were saying it was suppose to be in 2007 after the twin brothers fall or whatever, but I guess it got pushed back to 2011. Must be a rain out or something.

The stuff about the twin towers is, like I said before, not written by Nostradamus. He never said anything like that, though that particular quatrain borrowed several lines from other stuff he wrote.

it's said .. according to Malachy that the final pope will be Peter the Roman .. Malachy's final words in the prophecy is "Rome, the seat of the Vatican, will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people."

and Nostradamus writes in such an obscure tounge that you can derive anything from what he says .. try reading some of this http://www.crystalinks.com/quatrainscentury10.html , about the last century!

his famous doomday propechy (Century X, Quatrain 72) goes like this:

The year 1999 seven month,

From the sky will come a great King of terror:

To bring back to life the great King of Angolmois, (the Mongols),

Before after Mars to reign by good luck

.. I mean what the **** is that? in july 1999 Genghis Khan should been have risen from the death by a great king of terror? :p

Isn't that the plot of that movie the Shadow, or something?

hah .. damn that must be a frickin awful movie! :D

but his predictions have been used in various movies and series .. partly because they are so farfetched that you can 'validate' any horrid plotline with some parts of his prophecies..

Fortune favors the bald.

I once actually did the 40 days 40 nights thing mentioned before. Except I wasn't in a desert. I was up in the mountains in a small buddhist temple. I was up there for about a month, secluded, eating rice and veggies, hiking around the area and climbing to every peak. Just me and my thoughts and my physical self. And in those moments sitting atop a boulder watching the sunset after long days hike I met 'God'. Was it the Catholic/Christian God? Nope. Was it Buddha? Nope. It was the peace I felt within myself and my surroundings.

True, I was probably moved emotionally from the grand vistas and my seclusion from the daily stress of everyday life, but I think I realized that life was about simplicity and peace within yourself. Well at least for me. I think everyone should stop running outwards towards the things we see and think will make us happy and look within ourselves a few times.

'God' is within you.

this story reminded me of one of those anecdotes you read about Buddhism, I wish i could remember who the guy was, but as his tale goes (I am relating as I remember it, so its not word for word, but we shall call him 'Bob').

Bob did pretty much the same, he went to visit some buddhist monks, Bob himself was a christian, but he respected the religion, and felt there was possibly much he could learn from them. He spent much of his time meditating, being alone, thinking, doing, experiencing life from the perspective the monks guided him towards seeing things.

one day Bob was sat, having been alone woith his thoughts, or meditating as you will. how long I do not know, and he had something of an epiphany.. when he returned to the Master who had been guiding him, he told him of his experience.. the Master asked what he had felt.. Bob said (and I'm paraphrasing here) 'I felt all life around me, I felt peace and harmony, and I felt God surrounding me and within me I knew that all was well.'

the Master nodded and smiled replying 'Good, you must continue, meditate longer on this and eventually given enough time, God will go away. and then there will just be Bob.'

In the bible doesn't it say on the millenium christ will rise. the millinium after his death, so roughly 1000AD?

It could mean after the "fall" of christianity as we know it!

D()()M

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

'God' is within you.

this story reminded me of one of those anecdotes you read about Buddhism, I wish i could remember who the guy was, but as his tale goes (I am relating as I remember it, so its not word for word, but we shall call him 'Bob').

Bob did pretty much the same, he went to visit some buddhist monks, Bob himself was a christian, but he respected the religion, and felt there was possibly much he could learn from them. He spent much of his time meditating, being alone, thinking, doing, experiencing life from the perspective the monks guided him towards seeing things.

one day Bob was sat, having been alone woith his thoughts, or meditating as you will. how long I do not know, and he had something of an epiphany.. when he returned to the Master who had been guiding him, he told him of his experience.. the Master asked what he had felt.. Bob said (and I'm paraphrasing here) 'I felt all life around me, I felt peace and harmony, and I felt God surrounding me and within me I knew that all was well.'

the Master nodded and smiled replying 'Good, you must continue, meditate longer on this and eventually given enough time, God will go away. and then there will just be Bob.'

Haha :) I think what the Monk says is true on some level.

Thats what i was afraiad of. too young. how does a goverment go to barbarism to decadence with no HUGE conflict over centurys. were we ever barbaric? no. are we really that young of a country, no.

you speak out of misconception, our goverment dates back to 1798 with out interuption. how many goverments in europe date that for back? your not the only one with this misconception, even intellectuals in europe have it. If one thinks of one

The World Bank is hardly a humanitarian organization. The mere thought is ridiculous. Next you'll probably be listing the International Monetary Fund as do-gooders for the poor in the world? These people are one of the main reasons "the third world" is a term today.

I'd rather give credit to Medecin sans Frontieres in this context. Those people are really selfless.

And seriously, how could the potatoe famine be orchestrated by the English? Seems pretty contrived to me. But then again, many states in the US tech Creation instead of evolution. That's about as un-scientific as it gets. And the two aren't even mutually exclusive. It's fundamentalism, that's what it is...

I thought that was illegal since the Scopes Monkey Trial back in the 1920s. Private Schools can do that but not public.

That might be correct, I have not done any research on the subject. I formulated myself poorly, it's just something I though I heard. ;)

When it comes to the native Americans, they were by all means primitive in the context that we are talking about. They had no background that would contribute to help the US' diplomacy efforts. The North American Indians were hunters and gatherers, roaming the praerie, following the buffaloe, living off the land and so on. Granted, the Europeans were much more savage, but that cannot be related to this. That's not to say scalping isn't savage.

The Mayans and Incas were very savage in their ways too, if that is what you are basing your argument on. Human sacrifices of hundreds per year and so on. Still, there's a reason Cortez is remembered as the Killer.

Of course, the Mayan calendar is more precise than ours, and we still marvel at the Wonders of the past, like the gardens of Babylon, the Colossus of Rhodes (not that it's actually there anymore) the Pyramids. These facts do not change the fact that they were primitive. Remember, the discussion was about whether or not the US was a young nation in a political perspective.

That's not to say scalping isn't savage.

I have heard scalping was introduced by the settlers, as most soldiers would be paid extra for each kill they made, much as in Europe one would take a hand of a fallen foes for a 'bonus'. In this case the scalp of an 'Indian' was considered enough proof one had killed. If I was informed correctly The Native Americans of certain tribes began to repeat this as a counter to this act of barbarism.

I have heard scalping was introduced by the settlers, as most soldiers would be paid extra for each kill they made, much as in Europe one would take a hand of a fallen foes for a 'bonus'. In this case the scalp of an 'Indian' was considered enough proof one had killed. If I was informed correctly The Native Americans of certain tribes began to repeat this as a counter to this act of barbarism.

I believe it was the french who introduced "scalping" to North America.

I believe it was the french who introduced "scalping" to North America.

:thumbsup:

Thankyou, wasn't sure where i heard that.

nice to be backed up