The Pope is dying

Nur Ab Sal

Pray for a miracle? He is an old man suffereing from Parkinson's Disease. He had a very long life filled with good works and has a lot of friends being with him at the end. Such a life should not be mourn but celebrated. If you are sad it is because you are being selfish, you want him here for your own needs and not his. He has had a interesting journey, a journey that should be marked with celebration.

Most of them didn't try to help the world as much.

Most of them didn't get a chance to. I'm sure the pope is a good guy and all, but that doesn't mean I should value him more than other people, or that he's better than anyone else. He's old and has lived his life. If anything, the tragedy here is that his comming death is receiving more attention than the deaths of thousands of children daily.

I guess I could care about everyone who dies, but I really don't think feeling bad about things that are not my fault will solve anything.

honestly i dont see why anyone should even care about this wrinkly old man who has done absolute sh*t for anyone smart enough to realise that he is just one old manbeast who's life has been pointless but to give simple minded catholics a false sense of community.

and dont bother feeling sorry for him seeing as how he could have anything he wanted with a snap of his fingers throughout his reign as the pope.

honestly i dont see why anyone should even care about this wrinkly old man who has done absolute sh*t for anyone smart enough to realise that he is just one old manbeast who's life has been pointless but to give simple minded catholics a false sense of community.

A rather short-sighted comment, might I add.

In fact, His Sanctity has done a lot of great things, such as having a pivotal role in the catastrophic disintegration of the USSR, and magnifying the great impact AIDS is having in Africa due to the Vatican's ban of the condom.

Rest In Pieces.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

oh look he is dead now :D if you think im bad you should have heard my mother bitch about how useless he is.

she is confused as to how all these catholics can suck up to this one man as if he was jesus or god.

well now that he is dead we can end this poll now because no one but sentimental catholics give a sh*t.

<---Agnostic...Just to clarify.

An old man who deserves this end no more than any of the rest of us. But, he's gone, an undeniable fact...so its best to just remember his achievements, his good deeds, and let him go.

><FISH'>, That was one of the more immature comments I've heard in a long while, and yes, that's saying a lot.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

but I really don't think feeling bad about things that are not my fault will solve anything.

If people don't feel some bad feeling about things that happen that aren't their fault things wouldn't happen in the world. If there is rampant crime in a city and nobody cares because it doesn't concern them it will only get worse. If nobody cares about the enviroment because it "isn't my fault" global warming happens. Somebody gets robbed and shot in front of you would you walk on and not call an ambulance because it isn't your fault?

Fish yo people and you are some ignorant mothaf**kas if y'all think like that. Probaly done more with his life than you'll ever do.

the only thought in my mind regarding this is that I hope he died painlessly and lived a full life! he never meant anything to me, but he was a human being! and I never like seeing anyone in pain ..

and FISH .. tell your mother to STFU and then do it yourself! celebrating a mans agony is so low it hurts my mind to think down to your level! at least have the humanity to respect another persons final days!

Fortune favors the bald.

Now see what you did Nur?

(w00t)

Honestly. I can't say i think he changed a lot, and however it was worded, yes the standing on contraception is ridiculous, AND dangerous. And frankly the concept of a man who has never HAD sex giving advice and diktats to the masses about how they should conduct themselves in an adult realationship is patently absurd.

Never knew about the CIA communism link, though it would not surprise me.

I was brought up as a Catholic, I lapsed many years ago, but one of the things that stuck in my mind was when everyone used to take communion, my mum never went. I asked her one day and she told me that it was because she had been divorced before, and that meant she was not allowed to take part. Basically she is excommunicated.

Then many years later when i was old enough she told me WHY she had been divorced.

She''d married a wife beater. for years she put up with it like a good catholic wife. then she split. For leaving him she is supposedly cut off from her 'God'

If he wanted to do ONE good thing in his life he could at least have overturned such a ridiculous and patently misogynistic standing of the catholic church.

this is one of many reasons why I do not listen to men in pointy hats for spiritual advice. to paraphrase Bill Hicks 'There is a LIVING God in each and everyone of Us, who will talk DIRECTLY to you. No middle man required.'

I realise this may go against the grain of many of your most heartfelt beleifs and for that I am sorry, but I cannot simply disregard the foolish adherence to dogma that is displayed by many western religions

However. I don't wish it to seem i wanted him to suffer, frankly I think they spent far too much time keeping an old sick man from his long overdue rest. his last few weeks can't have been easy for him.

i was brought up to suppose to be a Lutheran, i waited to see truth before i left but i never found anything rational in it. but i still see the pope as a great man trying to make the world a better place. he was the first pope to pray in a synagogue. he went to Iraq to give saddam advice and to make a point. he is against war. you can't prove religon is false so you really can't knock it. just because someones set of morals are different, doesn't mean either of your set of ethics is wrong. im glad alot ofyou see that :geek:

World peace!

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Now see what you did Nur?

(w00t)

Honestly. I can't say i think he changed a lot, and however it was worded, yes the standing on contraception is ridiculous, AND dangerous.  And frankly the concept of a man who has never HAD sex giving advice and diktats to the masses about how they should conduct themselves in an adult realationship is patently absurd.

Never knew about the CIA communism link, though it would not surprise me.

I was brought up as a Catholic, I lapsed many years ago, but one of the things that stuck in my mind was when everyone used to take communion, my mum never went. I asked her one day and she told me that it was because she had been divorced before, and that meant she was not allowed to take part. Basically she is excommunicated.

Then many years later when i was old enough she told me WHY she had been divorced.

She''d married a wife beater. for years she put up with it like a good catholic wife. then she split. For leaving him she is supposedly cut off from her 'God'

If he wanted to do ONE good thing in his life he could at least have overturned such a ridiculous and patently misogynistic standing of the catholic church.

this is one of many reasons why I do not listen to men in pointy hats for spiritual advice. to paraphrase Bill Hicks 'There is a LIVING God in each and everyone of Us, who will talk DIRECTLY to you. No middle man required.'

I realise this may go against the grain of many of your most heartfelt beleifs and for that I am sorry, but I cannot simply disregard the foolish adherence to dogma that is displayed by many western religions

However. I don't wish it to seem i wanted him to suffer, frankly I think they spent far too much time keeping an old sick man from his long overdue rest. his last few weeks can't have been easy for him.

That's funny but your reasons for being an atheist are also mine. Besides I can't simply believe in something that wasn't proved for 2000 years. I can believe in WWII, cause we have evidence, but what church teaches may be the same science fiction as jedi religion or dune bene gesserit beliefs. My mind is too serious to give a credit in so important thing as life after death. And yet billions are ready to kill and persecute in the name of their religion although it was never proved that it is more true than other religions (that say virtually same stuff :geek: )

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

That's funny but your reasons for being an atheist are also mine. Besides I can't simply believe in something that wasn't proved for 2000 years. I can believe in WWII, cause we have evidence, but what church teaches may be the same science fiction as jedi religion or dune bene gesserit beliefs. My mind is too serious to give a credit in so important thing as life after death. And yet billions are ready to kill and persecute in the name of their religion although it was never proved that it is more true than other religions (that say virtually same stuff :thumbsup: )

Only he didn't say he's an atheist. He probably isn't judging from the content of his post.

And hey, who knows. Perhaps in three or four thousand years, they will believe WWII to be a myth, too.

Oversimplification rules, eh Nur? ;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Only he didn't say he's an atheist. He probably isn't judging from the content of his post.

And hey, who knows. Perhaps in three or four thousand years, they will believe WWII to be a myth, too.

Oversimplification rules, eh Nur? 

Not quite, we still have evidence that Ancient Egypt existed. And church says that beyond our reality is heaven with God and hell with Devil. If you don't bow before God (read: church cause they're representing him, kinda lawyers hihi) you will suffer greatly after death. And I am supposed to believe in that and treat this more seriously than real events? And you have dozen other religions, that are threatening you with punishment if you don't believe in their truths, that contradict each other, and of course share your money with them. Ouch what a mess.

I'd rather give my cash to George Lucas. At last he can make fun movies and games like KOTOR or Tie Fighter instead of threatening me with hell or whatever else.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

And church says that beyond our reality is heaven with God and hell with Devil. If you don't bow before God (read: church cause they're representing him, kinda lawyers hihi) you will suffer greatly after death. And I am supposed to believe in that and treat this more seriously than real events? And you have dozen other religions, that are threatening you with punishment if you don't believe in their truths, that contradict each other, and of course share your money with them. Ouch what a mess.

It's a mess indeed. But the funny bit is that you can't really prove them wrong. Sure, they made up some random stuff about the nature of existence, but go ahead and try to prove them wrong using that very pragmatism with which you see everything else through.

Oversimplification rules, eh Nur? 

Not quite, we still have evidence that Ancient Egypt existed. And church says that beyond our reality is heaven with God and hell with Devil. If you don't bow before God (read: church cause they're representing him, kinda lawyers hihi) you will suffer greatly after death. And I am supposed to believe in that and treat this more seriously than real events? And you have dozen other religions, that are threatening you with punishment if you don't believe in their truths, that contradict each other, and of course share your money with them. Ouch what a mess.

I'd rather give my cash to George Lucas. At last he can make fun movies and games like KOTOR or Tie Fighter instead of threatening me with hell or whatever else.

I have to agree with Nur on this... well except for the giving money to George Lucas part.

And church says that beyond our reality is heaven with God and hell with Devil. If you don't bow before God (read: church cause they're representing him, kinda lawyers hihi) you will suffer greatly after death. And I am supposed to believe in that and treat this more seriously than real events? And you have dozen other religions, that are threatening you with punishment if you don't believe in their truths, that contradict each other, and of course share your money with them. Ouch what a mess.

It's a mess indeed. But the funny bit is that you can't really prove them wrong. Sure, they made up some random stuff about the nature of existence, but go ahead and try to prove them wrong using that very pragmatism with which you see everything else through.

all facts are based on a first assumption.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig