The Pope is dying

Nur Ab Sal

Pope's agony dominated the world media. Millions of his faithful followers are occupying the streets and crying. I want to know what you people are thinking about this entire situation and what passing Pope mean to you. If you're catholics then it is obvious that you must be in terrible mental state now. If you're jews, muslims, protestants, orthodoxes or indians you may regret him or not. Anyway

John Paul II played important part in modern history mainly by cooperating with the CIA on destruction of Communism. I'm an atheist and don't trust Vatican at all, but I feel sadness when I look on Pope's pain.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I think it's sad for the poor man too. Whole his life he suffered from a bad health. But personally, I don't really care. I don't do religion. For me it's just a sad story about an old man's suffering.

Indeed, this is sad news. I've been following up on the Pontiff's condition since Friday when I learned of the infection. I'm not a devout Christian myself, but I do empthasize with the sorrow of millions of Catholics in the world. There has been much controversy on the stance that the Pope had taken in the past in world affairs, but no one can deny his contributions in trying to improve the world. He was a gentle man by all accounts, and I sincerely wish him the best.

Unfortunately, recent news from the Vatican has not been optimistic... There is great danger of the Pope falling into a coma, and if he does...

God bless him. :(

It what happens when you grow old. I am not Catholic nor religious at all so I really don't care. I don't know the guy personally so to me its just another nameless old person dying. I have seen a lo of that when growing up since my mother worked at a nursing home.

Religion has never been abig part of my life.

While it is sad he is dying, I couldn't care less who becomes the next pope, or that he is the pope. To me, he's just an old man.

No offence. Please don't launch a Holy War on me as your last act Popey.

EDIT:

Apparently, my religion is Baptist, but I never go to church, or do any religous type stuff.

I'm not a catholic, not even a follower of any particular religion (including atheism), so no, I don't worry too much about it. He's what, 86? People die, it's part of life. He's lived his life, I don't know the guy, and isn't dying in some horrible way as far as I know, so I really have trouble feeling that sorry for him. He's just a man, I don't care what the catholics say (you're welcome to show me which part of the bible even gets close to describing the pope as anything special, let alone his very existance). As far as his job goes, he can be replaced just like anyone else.

Whoah, some agendas here...

Anyway, it must really suck to be him now. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

As a Lutheran who haven't been to church the last seven years except for what is required (burials, marriages etc.) I can honestly say I don't care one bit. In fact, I think he should have been replaced long ago instead of only being seen outside when he was transported to and fro the hospital in the Pope-ulance.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

It is an inspiration that a man through such agony and pain can do all he's done and shows so much perseverent spirit. He was one of the most important people of this era and in my opinion made the Vatican and Catholic Church a much better institution. He tried to mend old wounds the church created hundreds of years ago and advanced it further in the modern era than anyone else elected pope at that time probaly couild have done.

Some agendas? Because some people don't care? You go around and feel sorry for every single person who dies, even though most of them deserve to die far less than the pope?

I did not mean that. If I say it has nothing to do with you not caring about pope, might you understand?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Anyway, it must really suck to be him now. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but this doesn't make much sense.

What would suck about being ready for the sweet release of death so that now he can meet the man he devoted his life to? Unless the Pope is afraid of dying...in which case, what chance do we have?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Anyway, it must really suck to be him now. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but this doesn't make much sense.

What would suck about being ready for the sweet release of death so that now he can meet the man he devoted his life to? Unless the Pope is afraid of dying...in which case, what chance do we have?

True, but think about the possible pain and feeling of helplessness.

kirottu said:

I can feel compassion for the Pope, as I would for any suffering human. He hasn't had it easy, what with Parkinsons and all. Also, I think it is a bit of a shame that the people whom he means much to are already mourning his impending death instead of celebrating his life and his accomplishments...

I can feel compassion for the Pope, as I would for any suffering human.  He hasn't had it easy, what with Parkinsons and all.  Also, I think it is a bit of a shame that the people whom he means much to are already mourning his impending death instead of celebrating his life and his accomplishments...

Yeah, it's always easy to say that. But if one of your friends/family members is dying, you don't look on how long they lived, but even if they live for 99 years, it is always too short for you. We would never say "that's enough, he/she can die, it's ok". I would never accept any good person's death. I am a Catholic and Pope's illness is a real tragedy for me, my family, my whole nation (Pope is Polish... I didn't know any other Pope, Pope was always Polish for me and for many, many people in Poland). Medics say there is no hope, but they said the same last evening. The only thing we can do is to pray, pray for a miracle... :rolleyes: