I just finished Icewind Dale!!!

It was amazing! The ending was one of the best parts! (This game kindy makes me want Obsidian to make KOTOR3) I've never played a game this good! But on a side note does any one know if I can replace the music that plays when you're at the main menu with the music that plays during the credits?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

As ar as the music I am clueless, but totally agree about the game experience.

Due to the absolute lack of decent pc games right now I decided to replay IWD/HOW. I am at Lower Dorn's Deep at the moment, and I can't say how much more I am enjoying this game the second time through.

This game has been dismissed as hack n slash and a "dungeon-crawler" as if that was some kind of stigma. Personally, I appreciate these qualities--the gameplay is fluid and transitions well with a variety of challenges, and the element of strategy, so often neglected in recent games, is crucial to survival. I remember liking the fact that I could roll my whole party at the time, but now it really stands out as a major feature after playing so many games with minimal involvement in character creation and the dreary cartoon cut-out Chosen One PC thing.

If this game came out today, it would be RPG of the year.(not that there is any competition)

As ar as the music I am clueless, but totally agree about the game experience.

Due to the absolute lack of decent pc games right now I decided to replay IWD/HOW. I am at Lower Dorn's Deep at the moment, and I can't say how much more I am enjoying this game the second time through.

This game has been dismissed as hack n slash and a "dungeon-crawler" as if that was some kind of stigma. Personally, I appreciate these qualities--the gameplay is fluid and transitions well with a variety of challenges, and the element of strategy, so often neglected in recent games, is crucial to survival. I remember liking the fact that I could roll my whole party at the time, but now it really stands out as a major feature after playing so many games with minimal involvement in character creation and the dreary cartoon cut-out Chosen One PC thing.

If this game came out today, it would be RPG of the year.(not that there is any competition)

Ya if it had updated graphics and if it didn't come out in 2000. Than I doubt that any game could stand in it's way. The story's amazing.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

This game has been dismissed as hack n slash and a "dungeon-crawler" as if that was some kind of stigma.

Sadly enough IWD was, like you said, negatively branded as a hack'n slash game. I tried to tell people back then that it's a lot more than hack'n slash. It's a great CRPG gameplaywise in the tradition of the old, classic CRPG's of the eighties and early nineties, HIGHLY enjoyable, with all the elements a great CRPG needs. I actually enjoyed the IWD games a lot more than the BG games and still think that IWD1 has a better and deeper story than BG1, the over-rated "epic".

But then, how large percentage of the game takes place in a Dungeon of one sort or the other?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Subquest are greater than in any RPG excluding BG series. I remember how fun I have when Kontik tried to kill me or when in HOW I was approached by Arcane mages who were seeking the bartender. Storyline beats all what KOTOR series will ever present.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

It is sort of a Dungeons & Dragons game...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hell, I'd like to play IWD/HoW, but sadly I can't find them anywhere anymore(not counting eBay). I own all the other IE games and love the occasional dungeon crawler. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What? :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Ah, sucks to be you then.

kirottu said:

I was pleasantly surprised by IWD.

I admit I was one of those who was turned off without giving it a chance when I heard it always referred to as a hack n slash, but I got in to it right off the bat and enjoyed it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes, it sucked to meander across the world map, hoping faintly that I'd bump into some story during my great search for the Big Bad. Unfortunately, I wandered into the bad guy's hideout (actually a diversion lolz), completed a rather lame 'full circle' skit and wailed on a giant goat-man with a mass-party-rush before I could encounter any sense of purpose or meaning. I mean, good god, I got bored of 'goodie runs up and kills baddie' long ago.

How sad that you are a minority.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

when all is said and done IWD/ HOW/ TotLM all combined was an awesome game and still is ..... all the more reason for Obsidian to do IWD3, updated yet basicly the same. create full party, etc ...... IWD2 although rushed and not being a great game, improved on a lot of the character creation part of the game.

Please Obsidian seriously think about getting IWD3 out to us ...... we know F. U. still holds an interest in doing it or did. and the sooner the better.

How sad that you are a minority.

How sad that you consider that a worthy response. I mean, you could have put *just* a little more effort into it. Come on, man, ain't I worth it?

Even assuming that it is true (doubtful, at the very least on technical, nitpicky grounds), it's really kinda pointless. What, telling me that the majority likes IWD will, in a revelatory epiphany, cause me to like it too?

"Hey, if everybody likes this, I'll like it too!" Beautiful wishy-washy life o' flip-flopping there, Sly.

Not that this is really important or anything. But hey! if whining at people over the internet for not liking the same game as you makes your life just that little bit more fulfilling, all the power to you. I'll just smile and nod and slow handclap you all the while, mate.

:p

IWD is great game.

Although many played it after playing BG2. And they kept on complaining about all the things it did not have compared to BG2 (ex; no kits).

I was lucky enough to play it right after BG and before BG2 and was able to enjoy this game greatly.

Also it has the best music this side of the multiverse.

My kingdom for a new game just half as good as IWD.

Oh well.

Yes, it sucked to meander across the world map, hoping faintly that I'd bump into some story during my great search for the Big Bad. Unfortunately, I wandered into the bad guy's hideout (actually a diversion lolz), completed a rather lame 'full circle' skit and wailed on a giant goat-man with a mass-party-rush before I could encounter any sense of purpose or meaning. I mean, good god, I got bored of 'goodie runs up and kills baddie' long ago.

What? They story starts off before you start the game. The "old man" starts off by tell you about how Jared's stone was created.

IWD is great game.

Although many played it after playing BG2. And they kept on complaining about all the things it did not have compared to BG2 (ex; no kits).

I was lucky enough to play it right after BG and before BG2 and was able to enjoy this game greatly.

Also it has the best music this side of the multiverse.

My kingdom for a new game just half as good as IWD.

Oh well.

The music played during the credits are moving. They seem to kinda tell a story. A story that starts out sad and ends good but one that isn't done yet.

What? They story starts off before you start the game. The "old man" starts off by tell you about how Jared's stone was created.

But it had sod all to do with the vast majority of the game. Indeed, Mr. Priest's sudden understanding and subsequent sacrifice would have meant something had he appeared for more than five minutes at the beginning and end. His little character arc is rendered emotionless by the lack of a changing middle, consisting as it did of 'Hai, Jarrod was a fool and an idiot!' and 'I'm totally feeling what you once felt, priest-dude!'

Huge chunks of the *main* quest have the relevancy of *side*quests to the actual plot. This is probably just me speaking, but when three entire chapters consist of the party walking to meet the bad guy, I think there's a problem.

Or did I miss something? Was IWD a road movie?