Decided to not buy the game.

And your defense of this is that (a) you only attack when provoked, and (b) we should just ignore you if we don't like it? Seems a little thin.

But it's the truth. I only attack when provoked. And I'm nobody important so you don't need to read all of my posts. It's not weak, it's the truth and you can't really prove otherwise. I'm not changing my posting style just because you find it "rude", because being blunt isn't against the forum rules. When the rules change, my posting will change.

Oh and those are some fine examples of my flaming of the past 48 hours. These have been some flame-intense 48 hours, though. I already admitted I am always ready for a flame war so I don't know what exactly are you trying to prove. I warn you not to take things out of context to make a point, though, or I'll be forced to report you, since misquoting is against the forum rules.

Oh and when did this thread became about me?

What was happening between him and NurAb really didn't bother me, nor did I take it as entirely serious. what my peeve is is this adolescent obsession with 'n00b' bashing, in this case in response to a comment made by another purely on the basis of the number of posts previously made. i.e. You are 'newer' than me.. therefore 'n00b' therefore less relevant, hence you may be dismissed on that basis alone. Despite the fact the word n00b does not have a dictionary meaning there is a subtext, quite clear in its constant use as an insult. Hiding behind l337 speak and 'kewl' internet phrasology does not lessen the condescending meaning of the word.

And your grasp of reality is so slim I almost feel pity for you, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Really, I could explain myself, my reasons for calling him and you a n00b, my reasons for choosing this username, and my reasons for dismissing him, but then I think "why the hell should I waste my time explaining myself to some stranger in the other side of the world?"

Surely you can see the pointlessness of such an effort. So let's leave it at that. And please stop baiting me unless what you want is yet another flame war, in which case I will be happy to oblige. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I only attack when provoked.

Hey #'s MAn!!!! Over here!!!! *Throws spear*

(Waits for attack) :ph34r:

Nah, I'm just kidding. Any one who loves lego can't be all bad.

Oh come on now, you love the attention. Please say "These aren't the droids you're looking for" so I can win lots of money...

Let me get this straight -- you maintain that you have a forum-given right to post in as combative and aggressive a style as you like, and then you turn around and say "why's this thread about me"?

Like I said earlier, you might want to examine why the threads you post in become flame wars. By being so needlessly full of aggro, you make yourself the subject. It's quite a selfish way of behaving, actually.

Some of you people need to loosen up a bit. Seriously, who REALLY cares about what a guy you don't know, haven't met, and probably never will meet says about another person with the aforementioned traits? Besides, NumbersU makes a lot of threads a helluva lot more entertaining/interesting than they'd otherwise be, as do other "trolls". Also, what else would all you people do if you couldn't complain and whine about someone "trolling?"

And your defense of this is that (a) you only attack when provoked, and (b) we should just ignore you if we don't like it? Seems a little thin.

But it's the truth. I only attack when provoked. And I'm nobody important so you don't need to read all of my posts. It's not weak, it's the truth and you can't really prove otherwise. I'm not changing my posting style just because you find it "rude", because being blunt isn't against the forum rules. When the rules change, my posting will change.

Oh and those are some fine examples of my flaming of the past 48 hours. These have been some flame-intense 48 hours, though. I already admitted I am always ready for a flame war so I don't know what exactly are you trying to prove. I warn you not to take things out of context to make a point, though, or I'll be forced to report you, since misquoting is against the forum rules.

What was happening between him and NurAb really didn't bother me, nor did I take it as entirely serious. what my peeve is is this adolescent obsession with 'n00b' bashing, in this case in response to a comment made by another purely on the basis of the number of posts previously made. i.e. You are 'newer' than me.. therefore 'n00b' therefore less relevant, hence you may be dismissed on that basis alone. Despite the fact the word n00b does not have a dictionary meaning there is a subtext, quite clear in its constant use as an insult. Hiding behind l337 speak and 'kewl' internet phrasology does not lessen the condescending meaning of the word.

And your grasp of reality is so slim I almost feel pity for you, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Really, I could explain myself, my reasons for calling him and you a n00b, my reasons for choosing this username, and my reasons for dismissing him, but then I think "why the hell should I waste my time explaining myself to some stranger in the other side of the world?"

Surely you can see the pointlessness of such an effort. So let's leave it at that. And please stop baiting me unless what you want is yet another flame war, in which case I will be happy to oblige. :thumbsup:

Even in this explanation you're rude as always. I mourn you, because you just cannot be gentle. Genetic flaws are terrible thing, you see.

*whisper from the street* "The Dark Side clouds everything"

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm just wondering which of the two is the greater evil?

One one side, you have two people fighting who have NEVER met one another in any way shape or form that matters.

I guess what I am saying is you guys have well over 1000 posts to your count and this isn't a multiplayer game.

Now I'd understand this many posts if say, this was an online game and you had formed a guild and you wanted to talk smack to people you have played against. But this is a single player game and has less entertainment value (time-wise) than the amount of time it would take to rack up 1000+ posts.

You both go on about how one is intellectually superior to the other but the fact remains.... screw it. I'm gonna go eat lunch instead of finishing this post lol.

Conclusion: You both lose. The end.

Let me get this straight -- you maintain that you have a forum-given right to post in as combative and aggressive a style as you like, and then you turn around and say "why's this thread about me"?

Because you made it about me. Again, the other option is to simply ignore my posts. Why do you care so much about what I do? Do you find me so terribly fascinating?

The thread has gone off-topic horribly, and you can't honestly say I'm the only one to blame. It's not the flamewar I'm talking about now, it's your attempt to prove that my posting style is wrong. Well, if you wish to keep trying, be my guest. But it's a lost battle, I warn you.

Even in this explanation you're rude as always. I mourn you, because you just cannot be gentle. Genetic flaws are terrible thing, you see.

What's this? Are you softening up on me?

Sorry Nur, but my gentle side is reserved for 'em pretty lasses only.

Conclusion:  You both lose.  The end.

That's why my intention never was to win. :p

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm just wondering which of the two is the greater evil?

One one side, you have two people fighting who have NEVER met one another in any way shape or form that matters.

I guess what I am saying is you guys have well over 1000 posts to your count and this isn't a multiplayer game.

Now I'd understand this many posts if say, this was an online game and you had formed a guild and you wanted to talk smack to people you have played against. But this is a single player game and has less entertainment value (time-wise) than the amount of time it would take to rack up 1000+ posts.

You both go on about how one is intellectually superior to the other but the fact remains.... screw it. I'm gonna go eat lunch instead of finishing this post lol.

Conclusion: You both lose. The end.

Number Man annoys me and vice versa. Its that simple. Lol

Sorry Nur, but my gentle side is reserved for 'em pretty lasses only.

You don't have a gentle side.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Hehe, you were created from pure rabble and thus you cannot be gentle to anyone. Even when you think that you are nice, you aren't. All forum think so, and you don't have one damned friend here. Lone looser.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

This kind of topic does invite.. erm.. heated debate.

The title is tantamount to saying: "Hello i havent even played the game cos it sucks, so does everyone who bought it, discuss" Thus inviting flaming and disagreement etc etc.

hmm.. an idea for a new poll: Should ppl do inflammatory polling?

nah j/k i hate the recent spate of polls appearing on the boards like some kind of virtual mind vomit, so i wouldnt want to add to the misery.

It was my failed attempt at being off topic, since that's what the entire thread has become.

And to see if Nur will blow a gasket.  :p

Oh, I see. Well, topics like this end up going in circles real fast, and then people keep posting because they like to fight, and the topic doesn't die.

So, I guess I'm acting out the very thing I'm blaming as the problem. Oh dear, On to new topics...

:">

As long as we're agreed that TotJ is indeed a successful attempt in suckidude, all's good.

Is this what you're referring to? Looks kinda ... uh ... well ... erm ... pathetic.

1569712298.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Wow, that cover screams a whole bunch of things, but "Starwars ain't one of them"

The Evil Dude looks like one of the Philistine Bad-guys in the graphic-novel kid's bible I had years ago :blink:

I think the whole EU was a successful attempt at "suckidude", freaking Vuzu-Vong or whatever the crap they're called. Return of the Jedi was a complete and satisfying ending to the Starwars Universe. I'm cool with them setting things before the movies, like KOTOR, but post-OT I can't handle.

Even when you think that you are nice, you aren't. All forum think so, and you don't have one damned friend here. Lone looser.

Just to clear up a few fundamental concepts.

You are not the whole forum, thus your opinion on what the whole membership thinks of me isn't law. This works in a similar way as an young infant assuming he's the centre of the universe. Draw your own conclusions.

I know I don't have a single friend here. Neither do you for that matter. The difference between you and me, my socially challenged friend, is that I fully acknowledge this fact, while you delude yourself. I find it rather sad that you chose the 'net as a means to find friends, and perhaps it's an indication that in fact, the lone loser here isn't me. :geek: