Decided to not buy the game.

I'm in the middle of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 looked like a no brainer because of all the fun I'm having.

But after reading reviews on amazon.com, finding out about the excellent endings that got junked on Penny Arcade and this board, plus the bugs and the fact that the game simply isn't done, I decided not to buy it.

Everybody has different opinions, but all I've heard from serious, rational gamers is that the last 1/3rd of the game blows, the ending is horrible and with the first 2/3rd being so good, it's a tremendous letdown.

Why should I buy a buggy, incomplete game with a bad ending *especially* when it can be fixed?

Should I buy or not buy this game? Is the letdown that bad, the bugs that serious, and the game that unfinished?

That's too bad. You don't know what you're missing out on. I mean, is the ending really all that it takes to keep a game from being enjoyable?

And I'll just add that for Xbox, there are hardly ANY bugs. (For me at least anyway) If your PC is good enough, then like my friend's game it won't be buggy.

Agree with Dark Lord Rulius, I do. Strange it is, to do so becuase Jedi do not mingle with the Sith. KOTOR II is a good game, though confusing, the story can be. A better game in my opinion, KOTOR is. Do not discredit KOTOR II, play through a few times, and you will see the shine. Has an average rating of 86% (8.6/10) it does. Not too bad, that is.

I'm in the middle of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 looked like a no brainer because of all the fun I'm having.

But after reading reviews on amazon.com, finding out about the excellent endings that got junked on Penny Arcade and this board, plus the bugs and the fact that the game simply isn't done, I decided not to buy it.

Everybody has different opinions, but all I've heard from serious, rational gamers is that the last 1/3rd of the game blows, the ending is horrible and with the first 2/3rd being so good, it's a tremendous letdown.

Why should I buy a buggy, incomplete game with a bad ending *especially* when it can be fixed?

Should I buy or not buy this game? Is the letdown that bad, the bugs that serious, and the game that unfinished?

Well, I've decided to buy it anyway, because the parts that are good are worth more than the faults, if you love the KOTOR galaxy. If you have fallen inlove with the Characters and Story of KOTOR 1, I would strongly suggest you buy KOTOR 2, and make sure your imagination is charged up, you'll need it near the end.

As I said in the duplicate thread before it was nuked, be smart and rent or borrow it first. I ended up buying it, but not everyone is as easy to please as I am.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ok, *tucks everyone in and gets a storybook out*

This is not the first time its happened

Anyone remember Soul Reaver?

My God. How unfinished that game was. and yes, despite the linear plotline, there was a class story there. but due to time constraints they dropped one of the heros antagonists, one that it mentioned THROUGHOUT the game, then FINISHED the game so abruptly you weren't sure you got it right. I assumed there must be another game mode I was so shocked. I couldn't beleive the game had ended like that. :blink:

I was FURIOUS:)

Eventually I sifted through the files on my PSX version and found an entire collection of sound files that suggested half the game had been ditched, and suddenly I was enlightened, my heart sank for I realised something. The video Gaming world was a business, and it didn't exist merely to appease me, the video gaming God. (yes that was I *nods sagely*) :D

So for two years or whatever it took, whenever some unfortunet was around and I saw a reference to Soul Reaver, or it was mentioned. I frothed at the mouth. I wailed. I gnashed my teeth. and generally bored the arse off most of them till they patted me on the head and gave me a cup of tea.

But you know what. part of me. the part that hopes. KNEW there would have to be a sequel.... the game sold well despite the cries of anguish among those who felt so cheated

the Sequel came out... It wasn't perfect... but it fulfilled many of the missing plotlines, and the story just got BETTER... And when i got to the end?..... yes *horror of horrors* They left it open again!

But this time...

I was EXUBERANT :lol:

This time they had planned it!

Oh what a fantastic twist to the anger I head felt in my righteous breast. There would be MORE! :D

MORE!

Then the final came out... Again gameplaywise I had reservations, not because it was shoddy, but because it hadn't brought much new...... But you know what... the story.... the part that, basically sold the game in the first place to me, the part that kept most people coming back Just got BETTER. :lol:

They even brought the missing brother from the first installment in!

OH JOY (w00t)

The sense of satisfaction when FINALLY Is et that last game aside, through all the troubles the trilogy had had, and finally ended it... a story i had dissected in depth, analysed, and breathed in an attempt to try and guess what they had planned... it was somethign else...

But you know what...

If the fans had buried it, at the original incarnation, flawed as it was...

None of this would have been possible...

MAYBE

Just

MAYBE!

A little support for the devs COULD cause them to blossom and do GREAT things in the future, cos you know what everything about this project smacked of potential, some realised some not.

So yes I say... buy the product.

It costs very little money on the true scale of things, if you love a good rp game and you love star wars. and MAYBE in 3 years time you'll find you've been part of something wonderful.

Depends on what you want. The game is flawed, it's ending is terrible, it's glichie, and some stuff just doesn't make sense.

But of course you do have the first half of the game that's actually pretty good.

So you descide. For me It's hard to even play the game, because of knowing what it could have been, and should have been.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

The ending isn't a whole third of the game people. It took me, to go through the ending, about three hours. I suppose, if your one of the people who take forty hours on KOTOR2, it will take longer, but everything up to Malachor I thought was well done. If we look at a list of locations in KOTOR2, we get this:

Good Beginning:

Prologue

Peragus

Telos

Dantooine

Nar Shadaa

Dxun

Onderon

Korriban

Dantooine

Telos

Bad End:

Malachor V

Yes, that is half the game there.

If you loved Kotor, It would be wise to buy this aswell... After the patch is released ofcourse. I know I would have waited.

But, in any case. Ignoring the glitches and that the last 2 hours of the game are a blurr... The game is amazing.

Buy it. Don't listen to people who complain otherwise you'll never end up buying anything.

Or some other type of words of wisdom like that. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Buy now = Buy later - the game you buy will be the same. Yes, you won't be able to play it till later but it seems like you don't want to play it now anyway till patch comes out.

So I say definitely buy....just not now.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Fact is that it's not only a sequel, it's also a media tie in. Because of that, it could have been the best game ever made and the fanboys would still be whining about it incessantly.

But it's really your call if you want to listen to them. I couldn't care less.

I would have to disagree with alot of people on here saying that if you liked the first game to buy the second game.

No, quite the contrary.

If you DIDN'T really care for the first game, then yes, buy this one. I say that because the games couldn't be more different in feel and tone.

Yes, the game is glitchy and incomplete and yes, it starts off boring and ends horribly. But there's a whole middle section in there that's really fun and engrossing. That is, IF YOU DID NOT LIKE THE FIRST GAME. I can't stress that enough.

K2 has aboslutely nothing to do with the first game. And I have to tell you that all of the effort and work you're putting into K1 won't make a lick of difference in K2 regardless of how you end K1.

And you're probably enjoying K1 alot because it feels like Star Wars. K2 doesn't feel anything like Star Wars. That's why I said if you didn't like the first game buy this one. Because if you're looking to build on the feeling you're experiencing now with K1, you just won't get it with K2.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and I personally enjoyed it, but it really does

miss the mark. Also, you'll probably see alot of posts on here saying that their game never crashed and that they never experienced any problems. THEY ARE THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE. Nearly every single website and publication out there that covers videogames has said this game is buggy as hell. So just bear that in mind.

So all that being said, I would have to recommend, since it sounds like you're really enjoying K1 alot, to pass on K2. Wait for the inevitable K3, because I have a feeling you can go straight from 1 to 3 without missing a beat because #2 was so incomplete. :thumbsup:

I agree with Darth Jebus, the tone and feel of Kotor I and II are completely different. Kotor II if you are Lightside the plot makes no sense and you will be frustrated at not having commen sense options. There is a a character influence system but at at the end you are forced to take Visas (already jedi/Sith) and Canderous who can"t become jedi so the influence system matters little. Wait till there is a patch and the price drops.

I would have to disagree with alot of people on here saying that if you liked the first game to buy the second game.

No, quite the contrary.

If you DIDN'T really care for the first game, then yes, buy this one. I say that because the games couldn't be more different in feel and tone.

Yes, the game is glitchy and incomplete and yes, it starts off boring and ends horribly. But there's a whole middle section in there that's really fun and engrossing. That is, IF YOU DID NOT LIKE THE FIRST GAME. I can't stress that enough.

K2 has aboslutely nothing to do with the first game. And I have to tell you that all of the effort and work you're putting into K1 won't make a lick of difference in K2 regardless of how you end K1.

And you're probably enjoying K1 alot because it feels like Star Wars. K2 doesn't feel anything like Star Wars. That's why I said if you didn't like the first game buy this one. Because if you're looking to build on the feeling you're experiencing now with K1, you just won't get it with K2.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and I personally enjoyed it, but it really does

miss the mark. Also, you'll probably see alot of posts on here saying that their game never crashed and that they never experienced any problems. THEY ARE THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE. Nearly every single website and publication out there that covers videogames has said this game is buggy as hell. So just bear that in mind.

So all that being said, I would have to recommend, since it sounds like you're really enjoying K1 alot, to pass on K2. Wait for the inevitable K3, because I have a feeling you can go straight from 1 to 3 without missing a beat because #2 was so incomplete. :(

What the hell are you talking about? I enjoyed both games equally. And I'm pretty sure that many other people in here did too, considering how much they're talking about Kotor 1 on these forums..

The entire problem is less complicated than construction of 213374U's brain.

KOTOR has climate but TSL has storyline. That's all.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Fact is that it's not only a sequel, it's also a media tie in.  Because of that, it could have been the best game ever made and the fanboys would still be whining about it incessantly.

Words of uncanny wisdom.

The entire problem is less complicated than construction of 213374U's brain.

KOTOR has climate but TSL has storyline. That's all.

Nur Ab Sal making a fool of himself was brought to you by the TotJ Bible project.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nur Ab Sal making a fool of himself was brought to you by the TotJ Bible project.

Luke Skywalker loves me this I know,

for the TotJ bible tells me so.

Little ones he trains to be Jedi

Just eb careful not to fall to the dark side.

Oh, Luke Skywalker loves me!

For the TotJ bible tells me so.

(tee hee)

Your every post marks the continuing dwindle of your intellectual abilities.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.