HoMM5 Announcement

One2Many

Just spotted this at rpgdot--hopefully this is not another april fool's "joke":

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10077&newsid=37313

If legit this is pretty good news for turn based strategy fans--Nival has some potential as a developer... tho I was somewhat underwhelmed by Etherlords, I really enjoyed Evil Islands-great little game.

Sounds too good to be true, especially the tactical combat part (as in not another RTS).

If it had just been announced like at least 24 hours before or after april 1st, in any time zone, I might have got just a little bit excited about it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, the link to the official Ubisoft site appears real, and the date of the news announcement is March 30th so i am hoping this is the real deal.

Ubisoft did buy the rights to all of 3DO's Heroes properties back when that studio folded, so it can be expected that eventually they will release some Heroes games. 2006 would be nice, tho.

More info on the release at Celestial Heavens, the HoMM fansite:

http://www.celestialheavens.com/index.php

Edited by One2Many

Then I am a little bit excited :lol:

After Homm3 I loved Homm4 just about as much as I loved Master of Orion 3 after Master of Orion 2 :devil:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I hope the units look a bit less horrible than they did in HOMM 4(ick, the troglodites and beholders...). And I hope they don't sacrafice fun for complexity/full 3d GFX, I loved HOMM 2 & 3, and for the most part they were very basic in terms of gameplay and graphical spiffynes s(not that I have a problem with either).

Ubisoft is a game company not worth buying from.

Why?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Pool of Radiance 2:  Ruins of Myth Drannor.

So they suck at crpgs... on the other hand, the Sturmovik series is reputedly a quite OK series of flight sim games, so they do know how to do something right. Besides, they can't make it any worse than Homm4, I refuse to believe that.

Pool of Radiance 2:  Ruins of Myth Drannor.

I have to admit that's a pretty good reason, but they've released some other games that are actually good. Beyond Good and Evil comes to mind.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If it is its a port, besides its not a CRPG.

Since the HoMM series has absolutely nothing to do with CRPG's, and since Nival is a totally different developer than those you cited, I fail to see how your comments have relevance. Are you suggesting that every game that Unisoft publishes will have a bug which erases your hard drive? That is fatuous at best.

For those who have played this series, the fact that it is not dead is a good thing. Perhaps it won't be the same as it was, but at least they have picked a developer who has done turn-based and has some potential to reincarnate the general jist of the game.

I'm sorry, who the frak is Nival and what they have to do with HoMM? If Ubisoft is going to have anything to do with this game then it is best to leave it untouched. After PoOR2, Ubisoft doesn't need to be in business. The mere fact that they let such a bug out of their QA is reason enough not to bother with any game of theirs. Better safe than sorry.