How leathal are thermal detinators?

In ROTJ when Leia pulled out a thermal detinator in jabbas palace everyone in the room covered their eyes and cringed in fear despite the fact that most of them were standing on the other side of the room. From this reaction it seems that a thermal detinator is capable of blowing up an entire room or a small building.

Yet in all the star wars games, the thermal detinators are nowhere near that powerful! in kotor one of them is not enough to kill a bunch of guys standing right next to each other!

So have thermal detinators got an adaptable payload?

Were Jabbas thugs a bunch of wimps?

Was this adapted for gameplay?

Or has Lucas displayed yet again that he has no sense of continuity?

But yeah KOTOR would be pretty easy if all the enemies in a room could be killed with one grenade.........

So have thermal detinators got an adaptable payload?

Were Jabbas thugs a bunch of wimps?

Was this adapted for gameplay?

Or has Lucas displayed yet again that he has no sense of continuity?

Most likely option highlighted. Wouldn't really be fun running around with small nukes, that would blow up everything, the player included :p"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

the thermal detonator is able to level a building floor, so in all the star wars games this had to be *slightly* altered so that the following would not happen: "I'm Malak, I'm big and mean and I'm going to keep talking now like all villains so that it will give you the chance to formulate a plan to destroy me Revan!" *Revan throws a thermal detonator* *Game over, Revan Wins* sorry for the Reboot moment there :p

Hehe, one thermal detonator that Lando threw into garbage can, destroyed entire Xizor's palace in Shadows of the Empire! Lando said in SOTE that with themal detonator you can have your own mini nuclear explosion...

Lame effectiveness of thermal detonators is yet another example how Avellone & co sucked the sequel. Bioware at least didn't cut anything from their lame storyline.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Hehe, one thermal detonator that Lando threw into garbage can, destroyed Xizor's entire palace in Shadows of the Empire! Lame effectiveness of thermal detonators is yet another example how Avellone & co sucked the sequel. Bioware at least didn't cut anything from their lame storyline.

But a thermal detonator in KoTOR *1* couldn't take down a small group of thugs either, how is that OE's fault?

P.S: fixed 'cuz I'm an annoying...person...

Becouse they continued that lame bioware mistake instead of eliminating it.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Becouse they continued that lame bioware mistake instead of eliminating it.

Well maybe Shadows of the Empire was wrong. IIRC thermal detonators have a tendnecy to knock enemies off their feet , perhaps the thugs in Jabbas palace had spent several hours doing their hair and pulling their gladrags on and weren't about to get a crease in their polyester suits?

:thumbsup:

This I doubt. SOTE were written by GL himself. He seems to believe in power of the thermies.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

(w00t)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. SOTE were written by GL himself. He seems to believe in power of the thermies.

SOTE was not written by GL. Check your facts.

It was written by Steve Perry.

Second of all, thermal detonators have different levels. The one used by Lando in SOTE and Leia in ROTJ were class-A thermal detonators. A thermal detonator is not specifically made by any company, it is a class of weapons rather than a particular manufacture. Thermal detonators run on rapidly expanding energy triggered by a small thermonuclear reaction. This is sometimes small and sometimes quite large.

SOTE was not written by GL. Check your facts.

It was written by Steve Perry.

Second of all, thermal detonators have different levels. The one used by Lando in SOTE and Leia in ROTJ were class-A thermal detonators. A thermal detonator is not specifically made by any company, it is a class of weapons rather than a particular manufacture. Thermal detonators run on rapidly expanding energy triggered by a small thermonuclear reaction. This is sometimes small and sometimes quite large.

GL wrote SOTE overall script. Then his lackeys made a novel, video game, comic and soundtrack from that script. Steve Perry was one of these lackeys but GL was behind all project.

Personally I think that his ideas in SOTE are better than in prequels. You really feel mood of the old trilogy there. A pity he didn't make SOTE movie.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

GL wrote SotE overall story? That would explain why it was so throughoutly marketed: novel, kiddie novel, video game, comic, soundtrack, 2 RPG sourcebooks and I believe there was toys too. I would like to see some links about this before I believe it completely, though.

The thermal detonator as seen in RotJ and SotE seems to be a kind of suicide device for creating mexican standoffs. Not meant to be thrown, but I guess it could be used for demolition. When SW based games needed a grenade, they used TD, even though there is another alternative that was less visible in the films: That grenade luke uses to destroy an AT-AT with.

SODOFF Steam group.