We may know on kotor 3 at e3 or shortly around there. this just crossed my mind as i was just on lucasart site. but after e3 there will be only two lucasart games that we know of still pending. with star war: lego war coming out later this month. Revenge of the Sith is due on the 5th of May. That leaves empire at war and SWG ep. 3, Rage of the wookiees, ROTW is due out in August 05. Empire at war sometime in fall of 05. that my reasoning.

I don't suppose they can display it if they haven't developed it.

How far along the development process does a game need to be before it can be shown at something like E3?

I know some work was already done on Kotor 3, but it was postponed/cancelled.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Lots of games are introduced/previewed on E3 years before they come out (although I'm mainly just assuming this from HL2, haha).

If they did do something for E3, it would probably only be a CGI Movie teaser trailer, since I think it's too early to have already written a game engine to make a trailer of. I wanna go E3...*_* Australia.

(Yay! Lego Star Wars).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

How far along the development process does a game need to be before it can be shown at something like E3?

Depends if something is on a new engine or an old enging. You could knock up something E3 worthy in a couple of months on an old engine. All but one of LA's booths are already booked I think.

If it's next gen it's not likely.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Depends if something is on a new engine or an old enging. You could knock up something E3 worthy in a couple of months on an old engine. All but one of LA's booths are already booked I think.

Maybe they're still trying to cook up a decent timetable and story (with everything filled...) :(

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

i think your right on the booth being open

Guest Dowie100

I think there may be a trailer, as the game was reportadly in development around the time kotor1 was finished so now its been in dev for 1 year and a half

So why not

Btw its using a new engine (w00t)

Maybe they're still trying to cook up a decent timetable and story (with everything filled...)  :lol:

You dont need to at E3. You just need to make people go wow, or wet themselves with exitement. E3 can have some bad consequences because a good E3 reception will encourage a game to be pushed out to capitialise on the hype and a bad one can lead to a publisher cutting their loses and canceling the game.

The one I really want to attend is the Tokyo game show. I got called home last time it was on.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think there may be a trailer, as the game was reportadly in development around the time kotor1 was finished so now its been in dev for 1 year and a half

So why not

KOTOR III was in development around the time of KOTOR I ?

I'm not sure how long the next gen dev kits have been out. Little over a year would seem about right.

478327[/snapback]

So why not

KOTOR III was in development around the time of KOTOR I ?

I'm not sure how long the next gen dev kits have been out. Little over a year would seem about right.

i think he means tsl not 1. which would make sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Lots of games are introduced/previewed on E3 years before they come out (although I'm mainly just assuming this from HL2, haha).

If they did do something for E3, it would probably only be a CGI Movie teaser trailer, since I think it's too early to have already written a game engine to make a trailer of. I wanna go E3...*_* Australia.

(Yay! Lego Star Wars).

Or just an announcement for as one of the upcoming titles to Xbox 2.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All of those games sound so stupid except for the Revenge of the Sith Episode 3 videogame....

rage of the wookies? flop

empire at war? flop

battlefront flopped

commando is a weak fps, so flop

KOTOR is Star Wars only videogame series that doesnt suck

It used to be the Jedi Knight games but now they suck

KOTOR has taken JK's place

They need a K3

maybe not this soon, but at least an announcement of a future project would be nice

All of those games sound so stupid except for the Revenge of the Sith Episode 3 videogame....

rage of the wookies? flop

empire at war? flop

battlefront flopped

commando is a weak fps, so flop

KOTOR is Star Wars only videogame series that doesnt suck

It used to be the Jedi Knight games but now they suck

KOTOR has taken JK's place

They need a K3

maybe not this soon, but at least an announcement of a future project would be nice

i would agree with you. empire at war look alright from what i seen of it.

Well, Lego Star Wars is out already, Rage of the Wookies will be out soon, Revenge of the Sith will be released May 5th, and Battlefront 2 and Empire at War are in the works. If I remember correctly, Lucasarts has three boths at E3, one for Rage of the Wookies, one for Empire at War, and one for an as of yet unreleased title (probably battlefront 2). Oh, I am getting my info from IGN at http://ps2.ign.com/articles/602/602877p1.html. I can't remember where it was that I read that Lucasarts has three boths, but if this is the case then KOTOR 3 is not happening at this E3.

Well, Lego Star Wars is out already, Rage of the Wookies will be out soon, Revenge of the Sith will be released May 5th, and Battlefront 2 and Empire at War are in the works. If I remember correctly, Lucasarts has three boths at E3, one for Rage of the Wookies, one for Empire at War, and one for an as of yet unreleased title (probably battlefront 2). Oh, I am getting my info from IGN at http://ps2.ign.com/articles/602/602877p1.html. I can't remember where it was that I read that Lucasarts has three boths, but if this is the case then KOTOR 3 is not happening at this E3.

funny i seen where rage of the wookiees comes out may 5th too. i play galaxies and it says goes live the 5th. i seen where it slated to hit store 3 weeks later so might be right