and what did you talk about with your friend?

anyway I think they should need to work on a good patch for K2 before even considering Kotor 3. I dont want to see any Kotor 3 december 2006 minimum, before will means another unfinished game.

They did start it as a in house project, but then fired the designers and stopped.  This was sometime last year when this happened.

I must say, I viewed/read/listened through the "cut content" earlier tonight, and it was enought to make me want to cry. I think I've caught something akin to your hatred of LA.

Doesn't LA realise that they could have made a kings ransom if they'd let Obsidian finish? If KOTOR 2 had been released this week, with everything in goodworking order, the game might have been multi-platinum by July, and become the best selling Starwars game of all-time, maybe the best selling RPG of all time.

A pipe-dream. "Up in smoke".

They did start it as a in house project, but then fired the designers and stopped. 

There is a God. :-

yea i know bout the firings. heck that was 7 months ago now 8. as i told my friend 7 months things change that time. but if you want to know we talked bou the series as whole. he cann't see how alot of us look at this as triology. he also trust that gamedreamz article bout kotor 3. him and i agree on one thing that just they said obsidiant doesn't mean it is not in production. but i still maintain that it might be and it might not. he thinks it will be another one year wonder. cross fingers please o'lord no not again.

It's simply not possible to properly do a game like this in 12 months.

A single episode of an animated TV show, like the Simpsons, can take several months to complete. Doing a computer game that lasts 30+ hours should take a lot longer. But not NWN long.

As long as it doesn'tn become a Half-Life 2 development wise, I'll be happy. In some ways without those super-dooper graphics (which I won't be able to get :lol: ), or just the hype/popularity, they would've been sunk.

Maybe they got fired cos LA had to do some reworking after the reactions to K2.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

As long as it doesn'tn become a Half-Life 2 development wise, I'll be happy. In some ways without those super-dooper graphics (which I won't be able to get  :( ), or just the hype/popularity, they would've been sunk.

Maybe they got fired cos LA had to do some reworking after the reactions to K2.

the firing happened almost 3 monthws before kotor 2 came our. if i remember right.

Doesn't LA realise that they could have made a kings ransom if they'd let Obsidian finish?  If KOTOR 2 had been released this week, with everything in goodworking order, the game might have been multi-platinum by July, and become the best selling Starwars game of all-time, maybe the best selling RPG of all time.

A pipe-dream.  "Up in smoke".

They did anyway.

Best selling RPG of all time, seriously unlikely regardless of how it was finished. It's almost certain to get to Platinum status though.

I think the pipe dream is thinking that the game would be magically bug free.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

They did start it as a in house project, but then fired the designers and stopped.  This was sometime last year when this happened.

I remember reading this somewhere too, but can't remember where.

Were they definitely fired, or just moved to different projects (i.e. Episode III)? That might have a bearing on whether or not LucasArts plans to resume the project in the near future.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Brilliant title for the post. Really explains what the topic of discussion is..........

Why can't people use the title to say what they are talking about? It makes navigation of the forums so much harder.

Anyway, they have started work on KOTOR 3, or at least the project is in the pipeline.

I think the pipe dream is thinking that the game would be magically bug free.

Yes, that would certainly have been a pipe dream, but I doubt anyone thought it would be bug free. I was comparing the cut-content ending to the current ending. I can handle major tech problems, but story should be done and dusted first in a RPG.