Character won't move

Help! When I'm in the game, sometimes my charcter won't move anymore. The game didn't lock up because I still have sound and my charcter will stand there and move his swords, but he will not move forward, backward, or sidways. I tried emailing LA, but they never responded. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hmm, I've sometimes had the same problem.

Just thinking what I did to solve it.

I think I just switched leaders in my party, tried if the new leader would move, then switch back to my original leader.

See if that doesn't do anything for you...

Hmm, I've sometimes had the same problem.

Just thinking what I did to solve it.

I think I just switched leaders in my party, tried if the new leader would move, then switch back to my original leader.

See if that doesn't do anything for you...

That seemed to work as long as I had a party. but a couple of times I had to exit the game and start it again and load a saved game anywhere from a couple of times to probably 20 times. each time I could only move a couple of steps.

This SOUNDS stupid, but are the keys bound correctly? I lost the ability to quicksave for a while because my quicksave and quickload keys mysteriously unbound themselves in the options menu :/

No the game seems to have occasional problems with movement. Rebinding the keys etc does nothing. The only way around it is either to reload, or interact with something in the game world.

I have the same problem, but my exile won't ever move. I'm still on Peragus so she is traveling by herself. Tried loading game, lowering resolution and changing control settings.

Sometimes it works for a while but every time I get up to the bit where Atton warns you about the steam in the passageway ahead, my character can't seem to travel through it without freezing up.

I just recently downloaded the patch, but it hasn't helped.

I am really beggining to feel that I have wasted my money on this game. :)

Interestingly enough, I am just now experiencing this... Something I wasn't experiencing without the patch. Hmm...

The way I solve it is I do what others have suggested:

I switch leaders and go a few steps and then switch back to my PC as he/she is running and it usually 'kicks in' and everything is okay.

Yeah I just bought this game today, cuz I loved the 1st one and I knew the 2nd one would be awesome. But i am experiencing exactly wats happening to Padmi Skydrunkard!

Same tunnel, Same annoying Fog. I dumbed down the visuals and sound, killed all background programs. But when I get halfway through the tunnel, he stops mid walk and freezes. My camera works, the fog continues to rise, the music keeps playing. But he stops in his tracks and slowly dies from the steam.

Then to make matters worse, I load my quicksave which is just before it, and guess what! This immobilty disease my character seems to be inflicted with has carried over to his past self, and I'm stuck before I even get IN the tunnel! So I have to exit out of the whole game and then load it back up again. I can move again! I move back into the tunnel, and lo and behold, I'm stuck again! And the vicious cycle goes on!

i'm thinking I have wasted my money if something isn't done to fix it! :ermm:

Interestingly enough, I am just now experiencing this... Something I wasn't experiencing without the patch. Hmm...

The way I solve it is I do what others have suggested:

I switch leaders and go a few steps and then switch back to my PC as he/she is running and it usually 'kicks in' and everything is okay.

No one has joined my exile, she is still on her own so I can't switch leaders, she is it.

I went back to some of my old games and now the exile will not walk at all. It seems to be the same problem Dr Skottie is having.

There is nothing wrong with my keyboard, I checked and it still works with my other games. :)

I can still pause and access inventory and use the game menu with the keyboard, but it is unresponsive to any directional keys, even when I change the controls. :blink:

I had the same exact problem in my game whenever there was any steam, fog, or mist. Now, I don't know much of anything about video cards and drivers, but I went under the performance and quality setting for my video card. All the options except the 'Antialiasing settings' were clicked to application control. I rolled the dice and set the antialiasing setting to application controlled and I haven't had a single freeze or problem since.

I have a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX Integrated GPU. This is the run of the mill video card that came with the computer, and as I said, it works fine now.

I hope this helps your situation! :-

I had the same exact problem in my game whenever there was any steam, fog, or mist.  Now, I don't know much of anything about video cards and drivers, but I went under the performance and quality setting for my video card.  All the options except the 'Antialiasing settings' were clicked to application control.  I rolled the dice and set the antialiasing setting to application controlled and I haven't had a single freeze or problem since.

I have a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX Integrated GPU.  This is the run of the mill video card that came with the computer, and as I said, it works fine now.

I hope this helps your situation! :thumbsup:

I want to confirm that this WORKS.

I was using my ATI control panel (9800 Pro) to force 4x AA... But when I turned it off and set AA through the in-game menus... And I've not experienced this bug since.