Unannounced project?

Darth Jebus

Well most of the jobs are for different types of designers for a upcoming console role-playing game.

So at least it will be an rpg but I guess that wasnt a suprise :lol:

But since it says console role-playing game maybe it wont be for the pc at all, that will upset some people on this board I would guess :ph34r:

EDIT:

And they are looking for people experienced with Unreal engine technology!

So does that mean it will be a console role-playing game using the newest Unreal Engine! If thats the case I'm very excited (w00t)

Oh yeah !

Unreal engine 3 and Obsidian.

I like.

Hmmm... Senior or Intermediate Character Modeler / Texture Artist position sounds good. Except these issues. Must be responsive to schedules, work well under pressure and willingness to work overtime if necessary.

Heh... I always lag behind schedules and I don't work overtime unless I choose to do so. Lately I've done more CAD/solidworks grind work than in artistic 3d modeling, so I guess that's another negative.

But enough of that, Obsidian deseves talented (and fast) artist for the extremely challenging UE3 project. Workload will be huuugeeee...

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I suppose we'll find out very shortly what the new project is. For Obsidian to be advertising so many jobs, that must mean the deal with the publisher is signed, not just 'in discussion'. The future of the company post-NWN2 looks good, and the debacle over bugs/cut-endings in Kotor 2 hasn't done any real damage to their reputation with publishers at least. I'm glad. I just hope they produce a good PC version of whatever it is they're making.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I hope it's KOTOR 3, KOTOR 2 was a great game.

I partly agree. Give Obsidian a chance to tie up the loose ends in KOTOR 2 and it could go from being a good game to a great series, in my opinion. I hope Obsidian does KOTOR 3, but I hope LA allows them the resources to do it right. Its an opportunity for atonement with the fans that were disapointed by TSL's ending/cut content.

I'll say this, if we see KOTOR 3 with a pre-Christmas release, it'll go from my must buy list to my wait for the reviews list. I want to see the trilogy to its end. Kriea's talk of Revan going off to fight the war with the true Sith has me waiting for a new character to find out what happens to Revan & Exile, and I want to be blown away by the next game. If I see a rushed game that's looking to capitalize on the fan base, with the knowledge that if it says KOTOR on it, it'll sell, I just won't buy it. I'm a believer that the fans have no louder voice than how they choose to spend their money, and if I have to wonder whether KOTOR 3 is everything it should be I'll use my voice.

That said, I have no doubt Obsidian has the talent to put together a great game, and I am rooting for them on the sidelines.

If they're indeed going to use the Unreal 3 engine for their next project (then it'll be a BIG title, and probably not one of their own IP's), then I'm not particularly worried about it being a console title. The Unreal 3 engine was made for the PC and it shouldn't be a major problem porting it "back" to the PC after the Xbox 2 version is out. Unless Bill decides he wants exclusivity..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Even if it is KOTOR 3, which it might very well might not be. I would want more than a year, more like 2 or even 3 years, it is about making a great game, not a bunch of so-so games.

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

If they're indeed going to use the Unreal 3 engine for their next project (then it'll be a BIG title, and probably not one of their own IP's), then I'm not particularly worried about it being a console title. The Unreal 3 engine was made for the PC and it shouldn't be a major problem porting it "back" to the PC after the Xbox 2 version is out. Unless Bill decides he wants exclusivity..

For a flagship title it's almost certain. Dont forget these are the titles that are supposed to make people pay way over the odds for a console they can have at half the price six months later. Exclusivity is almost a given in this situation. A year or so later, quite possible but things will have invariably moved on by then.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I hope it's kotor 3 or a new star wars game.

i went to starwarsknights.com site just a second ago and on the news it stated that someone took kotor3.com kotor2.com pointed to the lucasarts site for knights of the old republic II game.

Either this is gonna be KOTOR III or they are just taking the name for later on or its gonna be some other developers.