30 Euro for NWN:Hotu ?

I was looking around and saw that my usual store has that nifty euro deluxe NWN box thats essentially a product of ATARI screwing BioWare by releasing the "platinum edition" 15 euro cheaper and in a different package,

But anyway, Ive already played NWN and the first expansion(got rid of em ages ago) so if Id get this package it would be just for Hotu. Some people say there are good fanmade modules out there but I never saw any worth playing.

But, do you think its worth it?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I hated NWN and loved HOTU. Unlike the original and first expansion, its good. Plus there are a TON of great single player mods. I can give you a list if you want.

There are probably good multiplayer ones too, but I don't care about those.

"I hated NWN and loved HOTU. Unlike the original and first expansion, its good."

Really? Or did you mean you hated the OC? That's different than hating NW. Afterall, HOTU shares the same graphics, combat system, rules, etc. of NWN.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I hated NWN and loved HOTU. Unlike the original and first expansion, its good."

Really? Or did you mean you hated the OC? That's different than hating NW. Afterall, HOTU shares the same graphics, combat system, rules, etc. of NWN.

Actually, its a lot different from NWN in several ways.

And I said I didn't like NWN. The mods made using NWN creation tool aren't NWN. I never played any mods til I had HotU anyway.

"The mods made using NWN creation tool aren't NWN."

Yes, they are. No tols = no mods.

"Actually, its a lot different from NWN in several ways."

Exactly the same gameplay.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You know I find the original topic hilarious.

First Atari owns NwN rights, they are the publishers and so they are not "scewing BioWare over" with releasing another NwN package deal since BioWare gets what is in their contract with Atari.

Second if anything people were screwed over the Gold edition that had the original NwN + SoU but not HotU that was not released.

This "package" editions are somply a way to make some more money out of a aged product, sure you could find the original HotU edition being sold in stores but right now its not something is going to be selling at all, people will pick up the package deal because its cheap.

If Atari was trying to sell the package at the original NwN price plus the expansion original prices nobody would pick it up since it would end up being around 90 euros.

drakron.png

..there are a TON of great single player mods. I can give you a list if you want.

Are they really that good? I mean, it would take one hell of a fanmade module to impress me.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

..there are a TON of great single player mods. I can give you a list if you want.

Are they really that good? I mean, it would take one hell of a fanmade module to impress me.

Well, he agrees with me that Beyond Good & Evil was an awesome game, so he's obviously a man of discerning tastes. I might just have to pick up HOTU if it's all that. I never did, because what little of the OC I came into contact with almost made me never play another RPG again (as that was my first experience with one). Then I played KotOR, and later Torment, and everything was okay again.

There are some really, really good fanmade NWN modules. Unfotunately, they all suffer from the blocky, cartoony, generic and downright boring NWN graphics so they all look pretty much the same. I'm on dialup so I can't be doing with the increasingly massive hak paks and so on, so that's another consideration.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

But you like Gothic 2, which kind of undermines your credibility.

While we're at it, what community mods have you found exceptional?

I haven't been too impressed with the Hall of Fame ones. I've played a few, though I'll admit that I haven't given them too much of a chance, what with having no time and all.

The most fun I've had with NWN has been online, though. DMed sessions kick Magical Volo butt.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

^ I'm glad someone had a good online experience with NWN... I tried it once... I still have nightmares. :p

We should game together. You can carry all the loot that I want, but don't want my character weighed down by.

As for the user modules, one of my favorites is the Paladin Trilogy (although so far only 2 parts) by Rick Burton. Very entertaining.

I also enjoyed the ones where you can join a thief guild and play as a thief.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

^ I'm glad someone had a good online experience with NWN... I tried it once... I still have nightmares. :p

I agree, most of the multiplayer games I ended up in either consisted of a bunch of dweebs respawning just to fight each other to the death again, or you ended up running around trying to keep up with the others in the game, cos none of them actually gave a damn about the story, it just degenerated into a dungeon hack.

Not really my cup of tea, I was looking forward to a roleplay experience