Influence glitch or supposed to happen?

Nothing major here, was just playing thru Dxun and rescued the guy on the cliffedge bit...had Disciple and Bao-Dur with me, both were max on influence...but Disciple chimed in with his 'you're so nice' speech anyway etc.

And then I got the little info screen, and it said I'd gained influence w/Atton who wasn't even there. I know occasionally that occurs, where party member doesn't have to be in party to be influenced, so just wondering if that's supposed to happen here or not.

If it matters, I'd chosen the response line "Mandolorian war was a long time ago they aren't my enemies anymore" or some such.

influence1a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

not sure why it happens but everyone seems to have the same thing happen at the same spot so I wouldn't worry about it.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The gamers probably programed it to have Atton there to gain influence but you took Dicsiple and Bao there instead

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

So glitch then?

Every time before, when I did that side quest, I had Bao-Dur w/out max influence so he'd gain there. This time w/no one to properly influence it did that.

And not worried about it...just curious.

I do feel like the more I play the game/the more saves I have/more I delete saves the more these minor things pop up. Maybe I'll re-install.

@slipstream - you can't take Atton with you when you first visit Dxun, so I doubt it was intended per say, unless picking that response option favors him regardless, like with T3 in one quest.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts