What is the Mass Shadow Generator?

I believe it was a gravity well generator used as an extreme measure by Bao-Dur & the Exile. When it was activated, many Mandalorians & Jedi were crushed to death as a result. This also distorted Malachor V's appearance.

Because so many Jedi were killed as collateral damage, this permanently scarred the Exile & Bao-Dur emotionally and caused the Exile to disconnect from the Force.

If you want an in game explanation you need a high influence with Bao Dur.

This influence thing does cause quite a few plotholes. I mean, it makes no sense to have Bao-dur explain it when the Exile knows very well what it is/was.

I didnt have that high influence with BD and so I was quite mystified by this missing plot piece.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

I think it was Bao-Dur that designed it.

which are you talking about the MSG or the Sith Academy :wub:

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

Got it and the Exile didn't find it Bao Dur built it

Mass Shadow Generator (WARNING: Plot Spoilers!)--

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The Mass Shadow Generator is a MacGuffin-like superweapon mentioned in the computer game Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

Created by Republic Lieutenant Bao-Dur during the last major events of the Mandalorian War, the MSG somehow uses the gravity of a planet to destroy everything within close range of the planet. How this is done is unknown, but many knowledgable characters comment on the ships being "crushed in the gravity" of the planet.

In orbit around Malachor V, the Mandalorian armies were quickly destroying the battered Republic army sent to the planet. The general on site - Jedi Exile - activated the superweaon. The destructive power destroyed almost the entire Republic fleet, and destroyed the Mandalorian armies completely.

If the player has high enough influence with certain party members, it is revealed that Revan intended to destroy both fleets at once. The Republic fleet at M5 was filled with soldiers loyal to the Republic, and Revan intended to wipe out both threats to him, at the same time. Even the planet itself was extremely damaged.

BTW--A MacGuffin (sometimes spelt McGuffin or Magoffin) is a plot device that holds no meaning or purpose of its own except to motivate the characters and advance the story.

So what the heck did crushing the planet again (reactivating it) have to do with anything. All I can think of it doing is bring the planet pieces together (again), to try and score a direct collision between the Sith Academy and one of the pieces, although the whole deal of the Sith Academy surviving did send me the message that it was protected by some Dark Side thing. (except that weird green glow disappears)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)