The PCvsXbox thread revisted.

So, as original author of this thread's adopted father...I think I'll be buying the PC version. THere are already some cool looking mods online, saw Vader's Helmet! I'm still going to wait for this patch though...or July's paycheck :)

The Xbox is fixed unit. You mess around with it and any problems caused are you own to deal with.

It wouldnt because then you will be in same loop that the PC is in. Too many configurations to allow proper testing and too many systems of differing abilities all trying to be optimised to run the same game.

And look at all the problems their DIY causes them.

Good I'm really glad your seeing your fanboism for what it is finally.

Is that why there are three different laser drives for the XBox? One of which has trouble playing a significant amount of the released games for the XBox(Dirty Disc Errors Away!)? And another which has trouble with playing DVD movies? A pleasant problem that MS refuses to acknowledge is actually a problem covered under their warranty.

The XBox does have hardware updates besides that, as well as Firmware updates. I'm unsure if the Firmware updates can be transmitted through XBox Live or the Offical Xbox Magazine to be honest though (I don't really ever bother with either).

Upgrade lines have been attempted with various consoles (See Genesis 32x + SegaCD, PS2 Network Adapter and Harddrive, GCN/N64 48 million addons). It's just that they rarely succeed. Although that is more a add-a-feature upgrade, as opposed to the suggested replace-an-existing-feature upgrade.

I have both versions (big waste of 50$ :(), and I do simply perfer the PC version. But then again, I like modding stuff. And while it is possible with the XBox version, it's alot more difficult because they didn't Live Enable it.

*patiently awaits the day that XBox will word process, web surf, file share, playback mp3's/CD's/DVD's, run games, execute photomanipulation - all simultaneously  and remain 10 times cheaper than the average PC*

:D

That would be neat!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The XBox does have hardware updates besides that, as well as Firmware updates.  I'm unsure if the Firmware updates can be transmitted through XBox Live or the Offical Xbox Magazine to be honest though (I don't really ever bother with either).

It is through XBox Live. Firmware and other software updates/upgrades is downloaded through XBox Live. But general updates or small tweaks to the operating system of the 'Box is free. Just plug in the Network cable and it should download the needed update automatically. At least it did so for me. :thumbsup:

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Xbox really can't compare to the PC, in any way really.

Even running Kotor (which was made for xbox in the first place) it's still sluggish and a jaggy mess compared to the PC version (which I might mention, got an unoptimized port).

Out of the three top consoles atm, Xbox is the worse. Even thought it does have the second best hardware... It's still lacking. Considering the lousy selection of games and the horrible controls.

Out of the three top consoles atm, Xbox is the worse.  Even thought it does have the second best hardware... It's still lacking.  Considering the lousy selection of games and the horrible controls.

Lousy selection of games: Yes, I agree. Not many games for the 'Box that actually caught my interest.

If you're talking about the control as in gamepad, I happen to like them. Fits perfectly in your hands. Every button easily accessible.

The hardware for the 'Box could've been better, though...

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Xbox is the most powerful console out there. The xbox is ok but PS2 has allot of games but only few are worth the time. The xbox is easy plug and play.

I like the big controller for the xbox. I don't use the s type. But every controller can be converted to any system. I know my friend uses his PS2 controller on his xbox and kicks a$$ on halo.

crappy PC<game cube<PS2<xbox<modded xbox<Good PC/mac

Lol man.

How are you gonna rank up the xbox up there is you just said there wasn't anything good for it?

Its more like....

Xbox -> Game cube (YES, i would say it's better. Resident Evil 4, Sneak Eater, Zelda.. nuff said) -> PS2 (Best variety of games) -> PC (becuase it does it all)

all of what you guys said . . . . . . .

-- bar ShadowPaladin V1.0 --

is what any non-retarded non-anally-retentive down to earth gamers would also say

thing is , with the Xbox2 & PS3 out at christmas , things are going to be hella sweet in front of the TV :cool:

all of what you guys said  . . . . . . .

--  bar ShadowPaladin V1.0  --

is what any non-retarded non-anally-retentive down to earth gamers would also say

thing is , with the Xbox2 & PS3 out  at christmas , things are going to be hella sweet in front of the TV  :cool:

You really should be reading what people say.

Still it seems namecalling is all you are good for since logic dosnt seem to be something you have a grasp of.

If you want to pay way over the odds for both the units and the games.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

all the xbox has is halo, the most overrated game of recent times and a clumsy brick of a controller

the gamecube has tonnes of unique titles like zelda, RE4, mario, metroid prime etc etc

and no, superior hardware doesn't = better games, look at the N64

all the xbox has is halo, the most overrated game of recent times and a clumsy brick of a controller

the gamecube has tonnes of unique titles like zelda, RE4, mario, metroid prime etc etc

and no, superior hardware doesn't = better games, look at the N64

You trying to say the N64 wasn't good?

Because, take a look at the Gamecube... It's the exact same thing...

Unlike some people I have no problem with the truth.

You seem to have this idea of the PC as an ideal machine. Where in fact it's a bunch of things stuck together. The Xbox on the other hand is a standard unit. Ergo you cant compare THE PC to THE XBOX because there is no such thing as THE PC. Only A PC, one which will improve the more money you fork out for it. So perhaps you should just quit using the PC and come up with a configuration and associated price.

Still continue with your naive BS if it makes you happy just quite filling my PM box with crap.

Unless you can build a PC for $99 the Xbox wins hands down.

Maybe you're forgetting that a PC can do more than just play games. As our technology evolves, new games with better graphics will be released and every-once-in-a-while, the console manufacturers will build a better console, capable of playing, not only the new games, but also the older games...well, except for those f*cking Nintendo idiots. Computers do not become obsolete and defunct, like PS one, and, enventually, Xbox one. As better games are released, with higher requirements, you don't just go out and buy a whole new computer, you just update your drivers, maybe install the latest version of DirectX, which is usually on the game disk. You might have to buy new components, like a new graphics card, processor, or expand your memory about as often as new consoles come out, naturally. This is, of course, assuming that your PC is capable of running modern games to begin with. I'm not talking about updating some old 286 to run Doom 3.

Things a PC can do:

1. play games

2. surf the net

3. type

4. cut and edit a home movie (if it's in the right format)

5. watch a movie

6. copy, rip, and burn music (and listen to it)

7. develop a computer/video game

8. create a presentation on power point

9. explore the cut content from that game that was still left on the game disks

10. you Xboxers have the modules for the HK Factory and Droid planet and you you can't do a damn thing about it, unless you extract the files and load them onto a what? That's right, boys and girls: A COMPUTER. You have the content on the disks, but you can't play it, unless you have a computer. It's so close, yet so far away.

I'm sure there's other things, but I don't have the time to study my computer and calculate all the degrees of usefulness that a computer has, but an Xbox lacks..

Consoles have the advantage of:

playing games without wasting an hour installing it

being cheaper

playing games limited to that console, but then again, there are plenty great games that you only get for PC, so this one is void.

Even the cheapest modern PCs are far more useful than any console could ever hope to be and that is a fact.

So, take your little toy console and go play a game because that's all you'll ever being able to do with it.

Never liked N64. I liked PS better.

Halo 1and 2, Kotor 1 and 2, Doom 3, Big Mutha Truckers, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Dragon's Lair 3D, Fable, Ninja Gaiden, SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos,Sudeki

The House of The Dead 3, Unreal Championship and worms. This are some of the games made only for xbox that I like.

And games that are on the xbox and the game cube will always look better on the xbox. For me Game cube only has few that I even want to try. Plus the xbox has more games then gamecube. :p (Note numbers don't mean a thing)

I like the big controller better then the game cube however if I want to use keyboard/mouse, PS2 controller, Game cube, etc... I have or can make a converter easily enough its not a issue.

If I could buy PC today that would not need upgrade for 5 years to play games and cost $1000 then for gaming its worth it. All the factors that might make xbox better then PC all comes down to the person. Some when trying to claim what is the best console. As long as your happy with your game cube, PS3, xbox and/or PC I'm happy for you. Your choice is thet correct anwser for you :huh:

I own both xbox and pc. And you have to upgrade PC lot more then consoles come out and the upgrades cost as much as a console in some cases. Yes you can do allot more with pc but I used PC and Modded xbox and enjoy them both. Gaming comes down to taste. for $500 I can have modded xbox and PC which means I can and have played HK factory on my xbox. :p

If you want to make sure you don't miss a game buy every console and good PC.

With consoles you don't have to worry about hackers. :p

We are all right.

I own one of each and I'd put them in the following order.

PS2

GC

Xbox

It dosnt much matter that the PC can do more than play games because a non gaming PC is that much cheaper. Rather the point is that it's become a waste spending on a gaming PC because the games are not their to make it worth while.

So, take your little toy console and go play a game because that's all you'll ever being able to do with it.

Works for me , since that's all I want from them is hassle free gaming. :huh:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

There are two reasons to play it on the PC.

1. You can watch TV if you like to do that. :D

2. The load times are a lot shorter.

Reasons against

1. It's easier to play the mini games on xbox

2. I've had a lot of trouble getting the game to run smoothly in certain areas on the PC. You will probably have to fool around with settings a lot to get it to work with minimal frame rate loss.

There are two reasons to play it on the PC.

1. You can watch TV if you like to do that. :D

2. The load times are a lot shorter.

Reasons against

1. It's easier to play the mini games on xbox

2. I've had a lot of trouble getting the game to run smoothly in certain areas on the PC.  You will probably have to fool around with settings a lot to get it to work with minimal frame rate loss.

Lol thats probably because I dare not even dream of such a thing. My monitor is only 17" and my TV only 20". Pretty sad by today's standard, but it does the job.

It's true I could mod, my xbox for betty load times, but I'm not sure I want to go there. Of course my DVD drive on my xbox has been acting somewhat erratic of late and my last xbox the DVD drive died. This new one isn't sapposed to have this problem. Maybe I just watch to many DVD movies.