JRPG's - I want in on the fun.

Now, I ve always heard such fantastic things about how deep character interaction and story can be in the games of our eastern friends, but Ive never played anything else than FF 7 (very briefly)

I understand most are for consoles, but arent there any good ones for PC? Care to recommend any?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Now, I ve always heard such fantastic things about how deep character interaction and story can be in the games of our eastern friends, but Ive never played anything else than FF 7 (very briefly)

I understand most are for consoles, but arent there any good ones for PC? Care to recommend any?

The only ones I know of on the PC are.

FF VII

FF VIII

Grandia II

Considering you can pick up a PS2 for next to nothing that is what I would do.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Anachronox is in the same style as 'console RPGs', but it has actually good writing. Hilarious game.

I'd recommend getting this first.

Otherwise, as said before. FFVII, FFVIII, Grandia2.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Anachronox is in the same style as 'console RPGs', but it has actually good writing. Hilarious game.

:ninja:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

:p

FFVII

Septerra Core

Anachranox

Only FF was made in Japan, but the rest have the same style. And happen to be better than most Japanese made JRPGs.

How about that.

Also, I find FFVIII really crappy. Grandia 2 is overwhelmingly mediocre. I wouldn't play those.

Get an SNES emulator and play Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean and Chrono Trigger.

And while you're at it try Ogre Battle, a tactical RPG where you

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't listen to them! Don't turn to the J-Side? It may be the quick and easy route...but it will only consume you in the end. Friend, I know these are hard times, but you hearken your heart and take the long, arduous road to Role Playing Bliss. :o

manthing2.jpg

There was only one JRPG series that I liked for some odd reason and that was Lunar 1 and Lunar 2.

Best console RPG series, bar none.

Now, if only it actually had good gameplay :devil: Something like the Grandia series' battle system. It boggles the mind how those two series could be made by the same company and have such divergence in enjoyability of their combat system.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)