What happened to the transit system?

Although not very "realistic", I really enjoyed the transit system in KotOR. When you where on the other side of the map, it was a very very handy way to travel back...

Why was this cut? And how come there's still a wee bit of it left on Telos?

I never even noticed that it was missing until about halfway through the game. I don't think it was ever necessary, except maybe for Nar Shaddaa, because running across it constantly really got on my nerves after a while.

It's probably because there were times you couldn't get back to the ship no matter what, It would have been pointless to try to find the ship on Telos's surface if you could just transit there. Maybe since there were a few times when you'd lose or leave your ship it was just easier to take out transiting to the Hawk.

And the Telos Station you had to transit because they didn't have streets. :p

Well you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.

I never even noticed that it was missing until about halfway through the game. I don't think it was ever necessary, except maybe for Nar Shaddaa, because running across it constantly really got on my nerves after a while.

Thats why they left an airspeeder there I think.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The game does mention the Transit system I think, and at first I just thought that maybe it wasn't allowed - then I just decided, nup, won't be there.

Could've been another cut, but there are so many cutscenes and character changes I suppose it wouldn't work anyway.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

It's probably because there were times you couldn't get back to the ship no matter what, It would have been pointless to try to find the ship on Telos's surface if you could just transit there. Maybe since there were a few times when you'd lose or leave your ship it was just easier to take out transiting to the Hawk.

But they could just make you transit to whatever "safe house" you have - or disable it for periods where there are none. They did that in KotOR as well.

And the Telos Station you had to transit because they didn't have streets.  :p

Being wise here, eh? I wasn't talking about the shuttle transit, but the fact that you can transit from one residential module to another by using the computers. But in this case, it doesn't take many seconds more to walk...

It is mentioned as included in the manual (with a X-Box screenshot displaying it (and as they were on Peragus it says Unavailable at this time))

Just like the Defensive AI Script should be in...

No idea why these 2 don't make the game, but do make the manual (also have these 2 in my bug list in the PC Self-Help Section)

It is mentioned as included in the manual (with a X-Box screenshot displaying it (and as they were on Peragus it says Unavailable at this time))

Just like the Defensive AI Script should be in...

No idea why these 2 don't make the game, but do make the manual (also have these 2 in my bug list in the PC Self-Help Section)

Oh boy, more proof of a muffed game...

Returning to the Ebon Hawk or Home base:

To instantly return to the Ebon Hawk or a particular home base, click on TRANSIT. NOTE: Returning to the Ebon Hawk can only be used when the party is in a safe situation. This option cannot be used during combat, and in some areas of the game this option is completely disabled

ADDENDUM: Includes Area "PC" :)

Next page of Manual displays the map screen with transit button. If you want to see it: I won't scan it, just open the manual for once... ;)

BEHAVIORS SECTION

DEFENSIVE This behavior is similar to Aggressive, except the character will move back to the controlled character if they have moved more than 5m away. Use this Behavior when you want to prevent characters from chasing down distant enemy's

ADDENDUM: If you use a PC why prevent chars from killing themselfs???

Also found a bug where the manual says the Critical Hits work differently from the ingame system...

This was explained by Akari (I think) way back in october, if you were to do a search for the info you should find it in one of the weekend programer threads. But if I recall correctly they decided to take it out because it just wasn't practical with the way the game was set up. If you looking for more info on this I would sugest doing a search for it.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

This was explained by Akari (I think) way back in october, if you were to do a search for the info you should find it in one of the weekend programer threads. But if I recall correctly they decided to take it out because it just wasn't practical with the way the game was set up. If you looking for more info on this I would sugest doing a search for it.

QUOTE(Stargate: 2000 @ Aug 7 2004, 05:20 PM)

is the transit system still in the game?

if so will we be able to transit anywhere else other than the ebon hawk or hide out?

It is still in the game. While I'm not certain, I'm getting the impression that it will be available a little less this time around because of the nature of the quests and situations you find yourself in.

-Akari

Found it, it is different from what you say though...

The transit system was only going to be available in 11 areas so it was cut.

Did a great job removing it out of a Manual who had to be released 3+ months later then...

Yeah, I had the same questions and one of the devs said it was only available in 11 areas and they had not tested it much so they cut it. I think LA does the manual so they might not even know it was cut. It is not like LA did any QA.

QUOTE(Stargate: 2000 @ Aug 7 2004, 05:20 PM)

is the transit system still in the game?

if so will we be able to transit anywhere else other than the ebon hawk or hide out?

It is still in the game. While I'm not certain, I'm getting the impression that it will be available a little less this time around because of the nature of the quests and situations you find yourself in.

-Akari

Found it, it is different from what you say though...

ok sorry about that it had been awhile since I asked that question, so I was a bit wrong on my answer above.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yeah, I had the same questions and one of the devs said it was only available in 11 areas and they had not tested it much so they cut it. I think LA does the manual so they might not even know it was cut. It is not like LA did any QA.

Seeing how a low amount of maps KOTOR2 had, it wouldn't be bad for these 11:

Korriban (4 maps)

Dantooine (6 maps)

Dxun (3 maps)

Onderon (1st visit) (4 maps)

Nar Shaddaa (always available part) (5 maps)

As you can see not a lot of areas are included anyways...

Seeing how a low amount of maps KOTOR2 had, it wouldn't be bad for these 11:

Korriban (4 maps)

Dantooine (6 maps)

Dxun (3 maps)

Onderon (1st visit) (4 maps)

Nar Shaddaa (always available part) (5 maps)

As you can see not a lot of areas are included anyways...

I would've like mass transit, but the fill-ins I know about are, the Speeder on Nar Shadda (which people have some quest problems with...) and the Dxun guide who takes you to the camp from your ship (not sure about other way around).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)