Are the terms "Zabrak" and "Iridonian" synonyms?

Heyas,

I realize that Maul (a Zabrak) was born on Iridonia, but I hadn't seen that race referred to so often as Iridonians as I have in KOTOR2.

Did this confuse anyone else?

Or am I just old and foggy headed? :lol:

evil_twin.jpg

The speicies is Zabrak but they are natives of Iradonia therefore Iradonians

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Zabrak is the name of the humanoid horn headed species. Iridonia is the system they come from, which may of may not be shared with other species. I think it is though because the Iridorian Mercenary you meet on Manaan doesn't seem to be a Zabrakian and also Zabraks by themselves don't seem to be a bloodthirsty race.

The mercenary on Manaan was IridoRian, not IridoNian. Bao is an Iridonian Zabrak. I'd assume if he was born on Tattooine he'd be an Tattooine...ese... Zabrak.

Like I always explain, I'm a human from Minnesota. I'm both a Human and a Minnesotan. It works the same for Bao (and presumabley Maul, I hadn't realized he was also from Iridonia.)

Yeah, it's a bit annoying that they seem to use those terms interchangeably. I sort of got the difference when Bao-Dur mentioned his thoughts after the Mandalorians came to Iridonia, since that made it clear that it was his homeworld.

That made it obvious that he was a Zabrak from Iridonia (and so an Iridonian), like we are all humans from Earth (and so 'earthlings'), but I wish they had been more consistant.

I wish they had just referred to him as a Zabrak all along and not iridonian. In fact, I don't think he is ever actually referred to as a zabrak IIRC, which makes it all more confusing.

Maybe there are other humanoid species on Iridonia, or maybe Iridonia is just world colonized by Zabraks and there is a different Zabrak homeworld somewhere.

I was going to draw a comparison to the intelligent humanoid Mon Calamari and Quarren sharing the same homeworld, but that is actually even more annoying since that world is actually called Mon Calamari, which brings all sorts of trouble with it. What, the quarrens are from Mon Calamari, but can't call themselves that? No wonder there are tensions between the two species...

I wish they had just referred to him as a Zabrak all along and not iridonian. In fact, I don't think he is ever actually referred to as a zabrak IIRC, which makes it all more confusing.

If you have Atton in your party when you first get Bao-Dur, he jokes about turning in "the Zabrak" to the first group of mercenaries you encounter.

:(

evil_twin.jpg

Yeah, once or twice they call him a Zabrak. Some Zabrak items make mention of the fact that the Zabrak live on Iridonia.

Many planets are like this. Selkath on Manaan, Wookies on Kashyyyk, Jawas on Tatooine, etc.

The mercenary on Manaan was IridoRian, not IridoNian.  Bao is an Iridonian Zabrak.  I'd assume if he was born on Tattooine he'd be an Tattooine...ese... Zabrak.

Like I always explain, I'm a human from Minnesota.  I'm both a Human and a Minnesotan.  It works the same for Bao (and presumabley Maul, I hadn't realized he was also from Iridonia.)

So there's a Iridoria and a Iridonia?

My bad.

I think it is though because the Iridorian Mercenary you meet on Manaan doesn't seem to be a Zabrakian and also Zabraks by themselves don't seem to be a bloodthirsty race.

(Iridonian mixing thingy)

Well that explains heaps! Bao-Dur did seem a bit too tempered for what I thought he was (well, actually what I thought the Manaan guy was). The madest I've every seen him was in the Korriban tomb (although I was LS).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

• 1 month later...

According to the book Alien Anthology for the Star Wars Role Playing Game the Zabrak is "a humanoid species that arose in the Iridonia system (many refer to the species as Iridonian Zabrak)", so it's obviously a common thing to call them Iridonian Zabraks, or even only Iridonians.

I don't think they're the same, the way I took it is that someone could be Iridonian and not be a Zabrak

Of course Iridonia is the homeworld of the Zabrak...but a human born and raised on the planet would still be Iridonian :devil:

I'm not sure bout it tho...people like Darth Nuke could give you a better analysis :D

The terms are not the same. Iridonian means someone from the planet Iridonia. Zabrak means one of those guys with horns, it's the name of their race.

Bao-Dur is both.

Most likely there are other races on the planet, and there are definitely Zabrak other places in the galaxy.

The terms are not the same. Iridonian means someone from the planet Iridonia. Zabrak means one of those guys with horns, it's the name of their race.

Bao-Dur is both.

Most likely there are other races on the planet, and there are definitely Zabrak other places in the galaxy.

I'm not really sure,we don't know anything about how life is on Iridonia :thumbsup:"

But the SW universe seems to encourage migrations so why not?

Tho I belive it's mostly Zabraks...

Exactly so, Incredulous.

And we don't get referred to as Earthlings because we don't interact with beings from other planets.

Hrrmph. Speak for yourself.

I did say 'most likely', didn't I. And who wouldn't want to move to a planet full of bald guys with horns? Come to think of it, did anyone ever see a female Zabrak?

Exactly so, Incredulous.

And we don't get referred to as Earthlings because we don't interact with beings from other planets.

Hrrmph. Speak for yourself.

I did say 'most likely', didn't I. And who wouldn't want to move to a planet full of bald guys with horns? Come to think of it, did anyone ever see a female Zabrak?

Well they culd be like hutts :huh:

But no:

zabrak.jpg

Zabrak: Not much is known about Zabrak. They are a humanoid species with small, protruding horns growing from the tops of their heads. Many Zabrak paint their bodies with elaborate tattoos. Zabrak tend to have amazing mental ability. Darth Maul was a Zabrak.

# Bonuses to mind-related attributes, especially Willpower

# Slight resistance to poison

Originating from the harsh world of Iridonia -located in the Mid Rim- Zabrak have developed as a hardened species, with a strong will to survive. Trough evolution in a constant grim environment, they have even developed a genetic mental willpower, which enables them to withstand even the most extreme amounts of pain and pressure.

Driven to escape Iridonian's hard conditions, they developed space travel early on, spreading themselves all over the galaxy. At least eight colonies are known of -such as on Tallus, Corellia and Nar Shadaa- and then appear in as much as 5 different systems.

Spread out, most Zabrak aren't born on their planet of origin, and will most probably never even set foot on it. They therefore reffer to themselves first most by colony, and only second by race or species. Different races exist, recognizable by different patterns, shapes and sizes of their cranial horns. A Zabrak's head is crowned with them, leaving only limited space for hair to grow.

Their skin is a tad dark, and each individual Zabrak will, over time, cover himself with elaborate tattoos, using various patterns and colors to reflect their own personality. This is an everlasting process, and a Zabrak will continue to add onto them until death.

When focused on a goal, Zabrak can be very single minded. Unwilling to believe that anything is impossible to them, they set to their job almost stubbornly, ready to prove anyone wrong who stands in their way. No matter what the obstacle, a Zabrak will stand steadfast and proud, willing to take on any risk necessary to do what has to be done, even if it means ignoring what seems to be the compassionate thing to do.  Zabrak

Hard and intense, they also are, however, a wise species. While they believe that they are capable of accomplishing anything, this does not mean that they look down on other species. They are not arrogant; they just have a very optimistic nature. Considering their heritage, that might seem contradictory, but given their harsh history, they have every right to have confidence in themselves.

Concept for Darth Maul Eeth Koth  Language; Only few still speak Old Iridonian. Most have adopted Basic.

Alliance; Their home planet and each of their colonies were represented seperately in the Republic. Following it's demise, the Zabrak proudly resisted Imperial control in every way possible, refusing to give in no matter what the concequenses.

When the Empire fell, The Zabrak rejoined the Republic, this time as a unified state, with only one representative.

Appearances;

Movies; (TPM) Darth Maul was taken from Iridonian as a child, and trained by Darth Sidious to be his Sith Apprentice. Overconfident, he was defeated and killed by Obi Wan.

(TPM) Eeth Koth was a Jedi Master and member of the Jedi Council.

(AOTC) Eeth Koth is again present.

Another Zabrak, Agen Kolar, can be seen fighting in the Arena on Geonosis. Meant to be Eeth Koth but played by another actor, the resemblance was so bad that they decided on giving him a different name altogether.

EU; Zabrak are clearly gaining in popularity. Besides elaborating on the known Zabrak like in Darth Maul, Shadow Hunter, minor characters such as Kass Tod have been introduced.